Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

FS Expo '23 product announcement seminars stream (live now)

36 minutes ago, ark4diusz said:

I am surprised that nobody mentioned Honeycomb Delta addon

My jaw is still on the floor. I have already emailed him a front and back picture of my credit card and told him to send all. 

Edited by reignman40
  • Like 2

ASUS Prime Z490-A / i7-10700K / RTX 4080 / G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB / Lian-Li PC-O11 Dynamic case 

3 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I mean, 3 million core simmers is Huge (IMO).

Apologies, I'm a Brit. We generally tend not to give too much praise and are suspcious of bombastic commentary.
You're completely correct. 3 million core simmers (if true) is a massive endorsement of the platform.

Looking at the Honeycomb Delta flight displays product announcement, the amount of new peripherals is a good indicator of the health of the market.
I mean, I picked-up the Fulcrum Sim yoke, the Thrustmaster Airbus pack (stick + TQ), and have been fortunate to get in on the early bird for the miniFCU, all after switching to MSFS.
Beyond the shovelware, there's a lot of good-to-high quality freeware and payware software that has raised the bar and new hardware for ever-more realism.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Call me a skeptic, but 3 million for what I would consider “core simmers” seems like the wrong order of magnitude. My guess is that the definition of “core simmers” follows something like this definition:

- Gamers: Play multiple games on Xbox, not just MSFS, maybe with some definition of hours per week, etc.

- Core simmers, have ever purchased an add-on or have ever used a peripheral other than an x-box controller

- Casuals: Everyone else

I worry that Joey was playing to the audience. When he says it isn’t a game, let’s be real - he also said that 75% or his audience is casuals/gamers.

• Like 1

Any pics of the honeycomb delta?  

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I'm hoping they can at least release the screenshots they used in the presentation deck in full resolution some time soon (I'll take it NOW lol).  Gonna be an exciting few coming months as we get more deep dives into different aspects of 2024's new tech and features.

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I'm hoping they can at least release the screenshots they used in the presentation deck in full resolution some time soon (I'll take it NOW lol).  Gonna be an exciting few coming months as we get more deep dives into different aspects of 2024's new tech and features.

I'm in for the Alpha Insider Program. Just saying. LOL

• Like 2

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

4 minutes ago, ca_metal said:

I'm in for the Alpha Insider Program. Just saying. LOL

Oh hell yes me too... wondering also given their open betas for 2020 if they might have some kind of "early access" for pay which also serves as beta testing for them. 🤞

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

5 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

Thanks that's kinda cool 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

12 minutes ago, CaptainAddOn said:

Call me a skeptic, but 3 million for what I would consider “core simmers” seems like the wrong order of magnitude. My guess is that the definition of “core simmers” follows something like this definition:

- Gamers: Play multiple games on Xbox, not just MSFS, maybe with some definition of hours per week, etc.

- Core simmers, have ever purchased an add-on or have ever used a peripheral other than an x-box controller

- Casuals: Everyone else

I worry that Joey was playing to the audience. When he says it isn’t a game, let’s be real - he also said that 75% or his audience is casuals/gamers.

He split the users in 3 categories: core simmers, hardcore gamers and casuals. I'd say 6 millions (3 million simmers and 3 million gamers) are on the category that buys add-ons and use adequate controls. The difference is the time and effort they put on the sim, I guess. The casuals, well, they are there to be converted if the right feature is implemented on the base sim (like activities).

• Like 1

Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

4 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Oh hell yes me too... wondering also given their open betas for 2020 if they might have some kind of "early access" which also serves as beta testing for them. 🤞

Based on their approach since 2019, I would be surprised if they don't open an insider program.

20 minutes ago, CaptainAddOn said:

Core simmers, have ever purchased an add-on or have ever used a peripheral other than an x-box controller

It's probably based on what kinds of peripherals and what aircraft types they fly. Maybe also other analytics like what kinds of airports they land at and average flight time.

Perhaps even what assistances they have activated.

Edited by Tuskin38

2 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

It's probably based on what kinds of peripherals and what aircraft types they fly. Maybe also other analytics like what kinds of airports they land at and average flight time.

My point is that I think if he is coming up with a 3 million number, he is not talking about the people who are on a sim or the people attending FSExpo. He is talking about some much much lower bar.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CaptainAddOn said:

That would be me! I have other games like Civilization VI, Cyberpunk 2077 and etc. But why am I not hardcore simmer? I'm super hardcore simmer with 30+ years experience! LOL

• Like 2

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

15 minutes ago, reignman40 said:

I'm under the impression Honeycomb will become the new Saitek. Their products are in a similar price range, and Logitech never used the opportunity for further development of the Saitek product  range.

All my Saitek stuff (Panels, FIPs, and Controls) are still working (for more than 10 years now!), but should they ever break, Honeycomb wold be my first choice. 

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11