Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

All I ask is that MS/Asobo "fix regressions" before MSFS2024

Now that we're all well and truly aboard the hype train to MSFS2024 town (exciting isn't it!?) it dawn's on me that the current Sim will lose attention the further along the tracks we go (see what I did there!?).

Sure they've said that MSFS2020 will have future support which is great, the Roadmap before the announcement suggests so (unless it was a placeholder...), but anyone with experience of gaming & simulation history knows full well that support won't last forever and it's anyone's guess when it'll come full stop at the end of the line so that they can go full steam ahead on the new sim (ok I'll stop now!).

So I ask one simple thing and I plea to Jorg and his team:

Please Fix The Regression Bugs & Issues.

By that I mean all/most of the bugs & issues that weren't there in the first release and I include the multiple VR issues since SU2 (when we finally got VR support). The official forums are awash with them, there's no need to list them here (there's not enough room), many of them smack you right in the face and frankly they should all be in the Bug Tracking System.

Personally I don't care if they cancel all World Updates and push AAU3/4 to the next sim etc, please just fix the issues and bugs that YOU created along the way these past near three years. You have the chance to redeem yourselves from those past mistakes (read the form history I'm not gonna explain them all again...), the chance to tidy up the Sim from all the little problems it has, get the polish out and go to town on the bug list in one big final push.

That's all I ask, fanks x

• Like 10
  • Upvote 3

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I agree. At the very very least, at least please fix those black lines in the water. It's global and it shows up everywhere.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/black-lines-in-the-water/443618

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

No

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

51 minutes ago, Krakin said:

No

?

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

I'm curious, and maybe I have a wrong understanding of 2024, but if its going to do everything 2020 does and more, why is there such a concern with 2020? addons will work with 2024, with some dev updates i'm sure, so why not let them put the focus on fixing those things in 2024.  I'm going to guess that once 2024 is released, everyone will forget about 2020 because why would you need it? 

• Upvote 1

I hope this was written as sort of a self-therapy session (just a "get things off my chest" sort of thing), because I don't think anyone is actually going to read this and change their development plans. 

• Like 2

I'd rather they leave 2020 as it is now and go full steam ahead on 2024.

Why waste additional development resources on the old version when they could redouble their efforts on the new one?

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

For some reason Microsoft / Asobo is afraid to say what we already know - MSFS 2020 is a dead end platform and investment in it will be limited and then ended. They should just rip the Band-Aid off and state the obvious. It's time to accept the reality of the situation and move on.

MSFS will be out next year so we've got about a year to be mad, and then buy it on day one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

I'd rather they leave 2020 as it is now and go full steam ahead on 2024.

Why waste additional development resources on the old version when they could redouble their efforts on the new one?

They probably have to give people time to switch over, at the very least.

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

Not going to happen as history shows. They moved on to other sim versions before fixing problems in the older ones, FS95, FS98, etc... Windows XP, Windows 7, I think there was a Windows 8, Windows 10, etc... It's how they roll. And most here know that as they have used the older versions, and each new version. Most simmers thought MS would never make another sim, after FSX, and then MS Flight. How many of us were so happy ( well not all of us ), when they announced MS2020? Maybe one year, decade, they no longer make a flight simulator. I am not going to worry about it till it happens. And then I won't worry, cause there is NOTHING I can do about it.

Now they might bring some of the Road Map items to MSFS2020, but who knows how many are sent to MSFS2024?

Enjoy the MS sim now, or don't. Your choice!

Edited by in2tech

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

No, Asobo should concentrate on MSFS 2024. 

Yeah, concentrate on bringing out the next buggy mess. spend a couple of years toing and froing pretending to fix something , while breaking something else, then shock horror announce the next version. Wash,rinse,repeat

Edited by capt sl
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, capt sl said:

Yeah, concentrate on bringing out the next buggy mess. spend a couple of years toing and froing pretending to fix something , while breaking something else, then shock horror announce the next version. Wash,rinse,repeat

Yup. The concern is that the same bugs, if it resides in the core of the code and is systemic in nature will be in the new version also. It could get inherited by a new version that is backwardly compatible to the old version. If it was detected in Day 1 and an easy fix in MSFS 2020, presumably it would have been fixed long ago.

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1