Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Image tiles changing rapidly

19 hours ago, MarcG said:

Seen it recently (DX11) in places I never did before which is concerning, doesn't happen everywhere though. First saw it with the UK WU over the Isle Of Man so the issue has been there for ages.

I noticed similar over the Isle of Man, flying directly over head about 3 or 4k feet and tiles were changing to purple tinted colours and eventually back again as I left the area. Need to go back and check.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

This doesn't surprise me whatsoever...depending upon the area, satellite imagery and photogrammetry and flight level the system is drawing upon latest imagery and the system I presume has an ability to draw upon differing imagery for the same area depending upon elevation. Bing maps and Google Maps and Arcgis all operate this way.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I seen this with LOD 150 and DX12. Looks terrible when it happens. 

As an aside, why does the whole Chicago area look like this greenish color? Awful…

Eric 

10 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

This doesn't surprise me whatsoever...depending upon the area, satellite imagery and photogrammetry and flight level the system is drawing upon latest imagery and the system I presume has an ability to draw upon differing imagery for the same area depending upon elevation. Bing maps and Google Maps and Arcgis all operate this way.

But this specific phenomenon is new. It only started in the last fall, as the Official Forum thread which I linked above clearly confirms. We had morphing mountains at times, but no squares being switched back and forth until then.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

17 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Makes sense. What I don‘t understand is why they messed up certain areas that had looked good before. Why update the imagery  when they must be aware that it looks terrible? Why not leave it? 

Plus, as @pmb just wrote, why did it occur all of a sudden (and seem to be getting worse and worse)?

Edited by Shack95

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

I find this to be a hit or miss. Usually it associates with DX12 for me so I stopped using it. Sometimes it doesn't happen though.

I kind of figured this is an issue with the Microsoft servers.

Realistically? I don't care as much unless its really off color. "other" simulators had orthos that had this issue unless you downloaded them from vstates or bought them for absurd amounts of money. I did my own orthos and color corrected them. Never doing that again.

In short: I will live with it.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I’m thinking when MS2024 releases, it will solve all this for good. I’m thinking we’ll look back on MS2020 and wonder how we got along with it for so long 😂 

Eric 

17 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I’m thinking when MS2024 releases, it will solve all this for good. I’m thinking we’ll look back on MS2020 and wonder how we got along with it for so long 😂 

That would be nice.. 😎

Bert

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

I seen this with LOD 150 and DX12. Looks terrible when it happens. 

As an aside, why does the whole Chicago area look like this greenish color? Awful…

This is how Duluth looks like in my picture.  Although you can see the "new" tiles swapping in.  The green data is ancient - the data in Duluth didn't even have my house in the aerial imagery when I lived there....and that was almost 5 years ago already.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

When you can see tiles swapping then they are not loading fast enough.

Use the google map tool to see this.

Problems with tile loading speed is a multi-headed issue.  Remember that MSFS can only process tiles after they are loaded.

If it appears that tiles are loading too quickly then the oppiste is true.  Usually due to an LOD > 100.

Make sure to disable VPNs and use a fast tile server.  ARCGIS always comes through fo me.

sp

Edited by Sky_Pilot071

3 hours ago, Sky_Pilot071 said:

When you can see tiles swapping then they are not loading fast enough.

Use the google map tool to see this.

Problems with tile loading speed is a multi-headed issue.  Remember that MSFS can only process tiles after they are loaded.

If it appears that tiles are loading too quickly then the oppiste is true.  Usually due to an LOD > 100.

Make sure to disable VPNs and use a fast tile server.  ARCGIS always comes through fo me.

sp

I don't think so.  They're not loading in and staying...they're coming and going.

I've got a 12700K/ rtx 4080 with 400 Mbps down wired internet.

I can sit paused over that area and that's what happens.  It's more or less the closer I get to the ground is when they start changing.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 6/30/2023 at 12:52 PM, pmb said:

But this specific phenomenon is new. It only started in the last fall, as the Official Forum thread which I linked above clearly confirms. We had morphing mountains at times, but no squares being switched back and forth until then.

Kind regards, Michael

Fair enough, I haven't seen it yet, but lately I've only done limited flying in favourite areas.

Edited by 1st fltsimguy

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

On 6/30/2023 at 9:52 PM, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

I'm not 100% sure (I don't fly a lot) but I think that I had this from the beginning with MSFS, but at least for more than a year (=I remember being annoyed by it for a long time). Square tiles around my aircraft are flipping to a different texture as I fly along. It is probably not every time now, but I remember last year I didn't have a single flight without this effect. 
My sim has default settings, running in windowed mode (since I only use it for testing and need to see the rest of my desktop too), and I usually spawn a C152 or default A320 somewhere in southern Germany. I have maybe 10 extra airports and 10 extra aircraft addons.
i9 12900K, 64GB, RTX 3090, completely NVMe'd, 300 MBit fibre to the Internet. But the same effect was there on the computer before this one, I doubt that it is hardware related. I do wonder though if it could be addon related (the console in MSFS devel mode is filled to the brim with warnings and errors)

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I'm not 100% sure (I don't fly a lot) but I think that I had this from the beginning with MSFS, but at least for more than a year (=I remember being annoyed by it for a long time). Square tiles around my aircraft are flipping to a different texture as I fly along. It is probably not every time now, but I remember last year I didn't have a single flight without this effect...

You are quite correct.  I had it going back a long time, well before some of the SU's some people mention.  Maybe as much as 18 months ago.

My first experience was with the water mask tiles swapping to just a dull medium uniform blue underneath the aircraft when in the external view.  They were swapping in and out in a fixed radius around the aircraft. 

I spotted it at St. Barts first when taking off over the beach.  At that stage I thought it was isolated, but the occurrence has gradually grown to the point we see now, with more and more people noticing it in areas around the globe.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.