Sign in to follow this  
The Flight Level

Local Legend 10: Boeing 307 Stratoliner

43 minutes ago, Mace said:

It's a Stratoliner though.  We've never had a Strat this good, have we?  I mean, ever in the entire history of flight simulation.

The last one I flew was the CalClassic one.  Some of you weren't even born then.

We had a Stratocruiser (B377) which was pretty good  !

• Upvote 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

1 hour ago, btacon said:

HDG NAV APR REV ALT and an Alt. selector. V speed is indicated but I’ve not figured it out so maybe pitch only. The twin GNSs are MUCH better positioned than my other 4 prop airliner. I can see these from the Captains Chaor!😎

How do you select gns? 

2 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Didn't A2A have one in Accusim?

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

45 minutes ago, Todd2 said:

How do you select gns? 

Top left of upper panel if I recall. I’m not in front of PC but you will find two chrome colored switches. One says Standard/GNS and that makes them available.  After that the other selects between radio and GNS I think. Just look for two chrome switches…self explanatory from there.

-B

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

Didn't A2A have one in Accusim?

Thats the one.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Can it be painted to look like a B-17?

I'm asking for a friend...

Wow! what a surprise! they even did AREA Ecuador repaint, a long forgotten airline from my country. 

• Like 3

Alexander Colka

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

I liked that one.   What we REALLY need is a Breguet Deux-Ponts.  I actually made a crude model of one in...something like FS98.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

1 minute ago, alexcolka said:

Wow! what a surprise! they even did AREA Ecuador repaint, a long forgotten airline from my country. 

Flight sim = global.  I just simmed a flight into Quito last night, you have some fun airports to fly into.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

21 minutes ago, Mace said:

Flight sim = global.  I just simmed a flight into Quito last night, you have some fun airports to fly into.

Yes, and for some reason, Asobo left the old SEQU (old Mariscal Sucre Intl) and the new SEQM (new Mariscal Sucre Intl), so it is possible to simulate old flights from/to Quito.

• Like 2

Alexander Colka

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

spacer.png

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Grab a vintage plane and be Indiana jones searching for a lost temple

After seeing Crystal Skull, I think I'd rather be Allan Quartermain. 😄

We're talking about 10 bucks, or for me, 1/3 of a tank of gas in the smallest car I have. No brainer purchase even if I only fly it once a year. Someone else mentioned these things are great in VR and they are. Pretty great plane for 10 bucks. Is it up to the old A2A Connie standards? No, not even close. But it's also a lot cheaper and, sadly unlike the Connie, it's in MSFS.

• Like 1

Maybe cheap but good grief not another historic plane. Definite pass.

Bruce

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

2 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Maybe cheap but good grief not another historic plane. Definite pass.

Bruce

Well, yeah. Local Legends are historic planes. That's why they're called Legends. 

• Like 8
  • Upvote 2

spacer.png

News Editor at Techraptor, previously at Twinfinite.

spacer.png