Sign in to follow this  
btacon

New Maddog 7-7-2023

Changelog: 

Hi Captains,

a new build for MSFS2020 (1.2b169) is now available for download from your SimMarket account, that includes a new optional HUD and fixes many reported bugs! 

Download the new installers (-82, and - 83/-88 - if you own the expansion) and run them as administrator: your build will be automatically upgraded to latest version, keepening all your settings/airframes/profiles. 

Have a nice weekend!

CHANGELOG
******1.2b169 - 07/07/2023******

>>>FIXED
- fixed issue in EFB Services App not showing correctly aux fuel qty for the MD-83;
- fixed issue with initial cabin supply temp;
- fixed issues with GSX boarding on second+ consecutive flight;
- fixed issue in EFB Perf APP not taking into account pilot entered QNH;
- fixed issue in FMS turning too early (or too late) in RNAV approaches;
- fixed issue in holding direct entry with certain intercept angles;
- fixed issue with CPDLC removing answer prompts (WILCO, UNABLE, etc.);
- fixed issue in FMS which caused certain departure transition to be loaded uncorrectly;
- fixed issue in EFB perf app with Force Norm TO SWITCH remaining visible in landing page;
- fixed issue with PFD 2 going OFF when PFD 1 dimmed to OFF and option Synch CM1/CM2 disabled;
- fixed issue in FMS CRZ page with missing W/MOD data;
- fixed brake temperature remaining high in turnaround mode;
- fixed artifact in texture of air conditioning gauges;
- fixed missing sound when manually tripping CBs;
>>>NEW
- added optional Head Up Flight Display System (HFDS), and documentation;
>>>OTHER
- added throttle axis calibration in Load Manager;
- when a MSFS flight is initalized 'in the air', the maddog will now be configured correctly for level flying with engines, AT and AP ON;
- revised FMS step climb logic and manual step climb enquire in CRZ page.

• Like 8

Nice to see constant improvements on this bird. Just hope they decide to do sounds someday. I don't like the FTSim ones either.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

The HUD is interesting and not something I would have expected in an airliner of this vintage.  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Finding documentation in earlier sims was so simple. Now, it's always a struggle. Does anyone know where I find the documentation for the new HUD display? Or better, does anyone know how to activate it.

Can someone post a picture of the HUD?

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

12 hours ago, regis9 said:

The HUD is interesting and not something I would have expected in an airliner of this vintage.  

I've seen reference to the MD-80 HUD as the first HUD to be a standard option in a production aircraft.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for posting the pictures Weeksy.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, Matchstick said:

I've seen reference to the MD-80 HUD as the first HUD to be a standard option in a production aircraft.

Cool I learned something new today.  I wonder what operators took that option?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

2 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Cool I learned something new today.  I wonder what operators took that option?

I know Swissair did.

• Like 1

I never use HUDs in VR. They just don't feel right in VR.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

They should put some effort into modeling the older gauge style cockpits like they used to have in the past.  Maybe do an overhaul of the external modeling as well. 

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

Hi, will a SF freighter version be considered for the future of this aircraft? I know it's a niche request but I'm sure there is some interest for it. Thanks.

On 7/8/2023 at 12:27 PM, ahsmatt7 said:

They should put some effort into modeling the older gauge style cockpits like they used to have in the past.  Maybe do an overhaul of the external modeling as well.

I would absolutely love the older engine gauges. LSH does what they want, though, and they're often quiet on their plans. The fact that they only model one aircraft leaves me hopeful that they'll spend more time on cockpit variations.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.