Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

V6 a keeper for me

I've now got V6 running with my PMDG and TFDi717 addons and Orbx as well as ActiveSky6 and FSHUD for ATC with AIG for AI traffic as well as FSFlyingschool to practice approaches.

For all the hassles involved with registry tweaks, I am finding this the sim I am going to each day-the sim feels "atmospheric", the flight models seem good enough and the lighting and clouds are amazing in my opinion.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Danthepilot77 said:

Any performance upgrade?

I am currently on V4.5

I think that you will find v6 a performance upgrade from v4, although possibly a small downgrade/parity with v5. If history repeats, v6 will probably get more performant as more point releases come out.

Edited by CaptainAddOn
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jkeye said:

flight models seem good enough

I suppose basic or default flight model was not changed from FSX times, all study level planes do have own flight models

Artur 

The new atmospherics seem to affect the flight model now. I noticed a lot more turbulence when flying now. That’s with no AS or Accusim running. So it has changed and for the better IMO. 

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

4 hours ago, djbully said:

The new atmospherics seem to affect the flight model now. I noticed a lot more turbulence when flying now. That’s with no AS or Accusim running. So it has changed and for the better IMO. 

I agree. I noted some turbulence rattling the cockpit and for a minute had to remind myself I didn't have accefeel installed (I don't feel the need to do it but I may experiment with it when I have time.

15 hours ago, jkeye said:

For all the hassles involved with registry tweaks, I am finding this the sim I am going to each day-the sim feels "atmospheric", the flight models seem good enough and the lighting and clouds are amazing in my opinion.

I haven't moved to v6 yet because I don't want to deal with the registry tweaks to get stuff working in v6. I am hoping in the near future developers will have installers for v6.

• Like 2

Have any developers produced aircraft or scenery for V6 without requiring any “tweaks”?

The only "tweak" I have had to use is installing V5.4 along side v6.  I install v6 compatible add ons into v5 and then just copy/paste scenery/add-on's/etc to and from the relevant folders in v6.  Works fine.

Megascenery EGLL, Orb X/TFDI717, Blackbird Milviz King Air and 180EVO, Carenado Citation II, Ground Assist, Ultimate Traffic all work fine (some just need an ADD-ON.XML file but thats it), even SPAD.Next works.

You do have to edit add-ons.xml in C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v6 but its just copy/paste from the v5 file.

Edited by rbs1000
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Keeprr for me as well.

Never though this would actually happen at the present state of affairs, but after purchasing a 1 month license and ASP3Dv6 I really started enjoying pretty much everything, from the colours and new clouds to the upgraded default scenery.

I miss an Airbus to play with, and I am yet to go through the registry tricks that will allow me to install the only PMDG I ever purchased for P3D - the 777 200 LR. I am trying to find the most simple and effective tutorial on how to do it.

Meanwhile I am seriously considering:

- Majestic Q-400

- iFly 737 Max

Can you recommend these ?

Ah!  I have Aerosoft Madeira since FSX, then upgraded into P3D v4, v5... and would love to have it installed with v6. Any hints ?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

24 minutes ago, jcomm said:

- Majestic Q-400

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

12400F - 32GB DDR4 - RTX4070 - 1440p G-Sync UltraWide - Sennheiser GSX 1000 - O11 Air Mini - 1TB NVMe + 2TB SSD - Windows 11 Pro - MSFS

27 minutes ago, jcomm said:

- Majestic Q-400

- iFly 737 Max

If you are talking about using them in v6, the iFly Max is completely dead in the sim and will need to updated by the developer to use it.

• Like 1

Well, I managed to install the PMDG 77 200 LR + Freight, and am now happily flying it in the new scenery, and with the always superb AS weather injcetion.

I plan to get the weather radar working, and already turned off the volumetric clouds - I actually prefer the default non-volumetric, although I might also try it with ASCA.

Was a long time since I have had the chance to "hand fly" the 777, and wow! It feels so more plausible than most of the stuff I flew in that other new sim...

Nice to be back 😉

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

14 hours ago, jcomm said:

Keeprr for me as well.

Never though this would actually happen at the present state of affairs, but after purchasing a 1 month license and ASP3Dv6 I really started enjoying pretty much everything, from the colours and new clouds to the upgraded default scenery.

I miss an Airbus to play with, and I am yet to go through the registry tricks that will allow me to install the only PMDG I ever purchased for P3D - the 777 200 LR. I am trying to find the most simple and effective tutorial on how to do it.

- Majestic Q-400

- iFly 737 Max

Ah!  I have Aerosoft Madeira since FSX, then upgraded into P3D v4, v5... and would love to have it installed with v6. Any hints ?

Q400 is officially supported 👍

ifly said they can’t spare the resources, and IDK if someone’s found a hack. 

• Like 1

On 7/17/2023 at 3:05 AM, Danthepilot77 said:

Any performance upgrade?

I am currently on V4.5

I got an honest +50% increase in frames from v4.5 to v5.x. Word on the street is v6 is maybe a little slower than v5 due to the new features. A worthwhile trade, imho.