Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

V6 Patch 2 released

Around 1Gig-no release notes on this one yet.

Biting anyway

Found the notes

Categories:Announcement
Tags: patchv6

The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 2 (6.0.28) is now available. If enabled, you will received a notification of the available update when starting Prepar3D. It can be also be downloaded immediately from the Purchased Downloads section of the website.

The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 2 contains the following changes:

• All fixes and updates from previous patches.
  • Fixed issue preventing clouds from rendering when using weather SimConnect calls.
  • Fixed issue causing cloud bottoms to be flat in some instances.
  • Fixed issue preventing the menu bar from rendering on machines with 4 or less CPU cores.
  • Fixed issue where manual adjustments to cruising altitude would be overwritten in some cases when using the flight planner.
  • Texture and model fixes for the Maule, Mooney Bravo, Piper J-3 Cub, and various other air and ground vehicles including commercial airliners.
  • Various airport background and elevation fixes.
  • Information text is now white instead of red. Requires deleting Prepar3D.cfg file in %AppData% directory to take effect.
  • Values in VolumetricClouds.cfg file are not used unless override is specified in file. Delete file in %ProgramData% directory to view override.

Edited by jkeye
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I was just starting to post the same. Already the second patch. If LM keeps publishing patches every week or so, then I think it will become a wonderful simulator. 

• Like 1

Active Sky will not work with that update patch2.

• Like 1

Pierre

12 minutes ago, ppo said:

Active Sky will not work with that update patch2.

OOps 😞

Let's wait for an HiFi update...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

AS6 doesn't work at the moment but the patch fixes the unnatural horizontal cloud bases I was seeking earlier so it's worth it for me.

I am just using FSRealWx as a stop gap and it updated itself automatically and seems to run fine with good weather injection for me

Edited by jkeye

ASP6 update incoming...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Damian ,

Thanks.

I had sent a support ticket earlier with the Error information (soon after P3Dv6 patch 2 had released).

Edited by vonmar
added info
  • Like 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

19 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

ASP6 update incoming...

Damian Clark - I am sure you are miles ahead of me on understanding the implications here, but early indications are P3D may be moving toward a more regular cadence of small incremental updates, and based on their versioning will still eventually get to 6.1, 6.2 etc. If active sky is just failing because it checks the version and doesn’t recognize it, have you given any consideration to just checking the first two parts of the software build (I.e. 6.0.x.x passes regardless of what the x’s are, but 6.1.x.x fails until you have had a chance to check things aren’t broken)? May save you a ton of grief (although I can’t speak to whether there is risk here).

p.s. thank you for supporting v6 - clear skies on my end 😊

Edited by CaptainAddOn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ASP6 update posted with Patch 2 support!

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Damian Clark

19 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

will you provide a trial version? the lack of such made me install the free 1-month fsrealwx trial version instead.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

23 minutes ago, Damian Clark said:

Damian,

AS v8598 installed and working great.

Thanks.

Edited by vonmar
  • Like 1

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

8 minutes ago, turbomax said:

will you provide a trial version? the lack of such made me install the free 1-month fsrealwx trial version instead.

We're considering it (in the longer term - we don't have any short-term plans for this unfortunately).

Edited by Damian Clark
  • Like 1

Damian Clark

2 hours ago, Damian Clark said:

ASP6 update incoming...

Hi Damian, given these patches appear to be likely coming with more frequency than we've seen from LM in the past, would you consider how you version control or version limit ActiveSky?

Cheers,

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I get this message now !

what is this joke ?

spacer.png

Cordialement,
Jean-Marc.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z790-F, i9 13900K, 64 Go DDR5 Ram 4800 Mhz, RTX3090, 3 SSD M2 1TO, Alimentation Bequiet  1600 W, 2 Benq W1080ST

3 hours ago, vjeanmarc said:

I get this message now !

what is this joke ?

spacer.png

Same here,

I opened a zendesk ticket at hi-fi no replies yet, no ASP6 now. The maximun number of forced logouts was because me trying to make active sky works after updating.

sad

Edited by Gumerson
mistype