Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

The manual, the updater and the input configurator are under your windows start menu - A2A Simulations.

• Like 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Not interested at all 

until I am back home at my PC. Too bad they released this just while I am travelling 🙂

• Like 3

Anybody streaming this now? Post some streaming links if anybody is streaming the A2A Comanche. Thanks!

Edit: Just as I post this, AmplifyAus is streaming this: https://www.twitch.tv/amplifyaus

Edited by abrams_tank

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Can we select installation path (for AddonsLinker use)?

Edmundo Azevedo

2 minutes ago, ega said:

Can we select installation path (for AddonsLinker use)?

Yes you can select a custom path in the setup screen. But be aware its coming with some more stuff that is residing outside of the usual community folder.

Woohoo! and of course I'm away from home for a few days lol.

For those who already purchased it, can you spot a flight_model.cfg file anywhere on the disk installation? That would settle the burning question so far about how A2A have implemented the flight model (i.e. if it has a flight_model.cfg then it means it uses the MSFS core FM). Any external programs/processes that need to be running? Very likely yes at least for parts/all of the systems simulation I'd think, the sounds system was already confirmed to be external.

If it truly does have an external flight model then it would just use MSFS merely as a display port where the aircraft is slewed inside MSFS and almost everything else is simulated and controlled from outside, even weather (for aircraft in MSFS to interact with its weather, from all what we know their FM have to be built on top of the MSFS core FM.. unless there is now a way to interact fully with MSFS weather via SimVars or whatever, also unlikely).

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Only little annoyances atm fare parking brake for me only via the tablet, maybe binding problem, and the sound goes via external module (which you can see in the Task Manager) switches automatically to my G2 headset, so have to manually switch back to my JBL speakers.

Using the tow bar this way is really great!

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

Just now, Rene_Feijen said:

Only little annoyances atm fare parking brake for me only via the tablet, maybe binding problem, and the sound goes via external module (which you can see in the Task Manager) switches automatically to my G2 headset, so have to manually switch back to my JBL speakers.

Using the tow bar this way is really great!

There are two ways for the parking brake. The real world one where you have to press both pedals to unlock the parking brake handle before use or the simplified usual method. You can switch between them in the tablet.

• Like 3

Might be imagining things, but turbulence feels way more natural than in any other sim aircraft I've flow. None of this nauseating pitching/rolling/yawing around the CG. Different parts of the airframe seem to be affected differently, as in real life. I'm linking it 🙂

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Torsen said:

There are two ways for the parking brake. The real world one where you have to press both pedals to unlock the parking brake handle before use or the simplified usual method. You can switch between them in the tablet.

Oww, my fault then! Will try!

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)

10 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Woohoo! and of course I'm away from home for a few days lol.

For those who already purchased it, can you spot a flight_model.cfg file anywhere on the disk installation? That would settle the burning question so far about how A2A have implemented the flight model (i.e. if it has a flight_model.cfg then it means it uses the MSFS core FM). Any external programs/processes that need to be running? Very likely yes at least for parts/all of the systems simulation I'd think, the sounds system was already confirmed to be external.

If it truly does have an external flight model then it would just use MSFS merely as a display port where the aircraft is slewed inside MSFS and almost everything else is simulated and controlled from outside, even weather (for aircraft in MSFS to interact with its weather, from all what we know their FM have to be built on top of the MSFS core FM.. unless there is now a way to interact fully with MSFS weather via SimVars or whatever, also unlikely).

You must have a flight_model.cfg in the project for msfs or it will not compile, so the fact it has one there will tell you nothing.

However does it matter? What matters are the results. A2A are excellent devs, they have clearly created an amazing product, my congratulations and most respect to their teams.

Well done for pushing this milestone.

Best,

Raul

• Like 15
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, gunther said:

Might be imagining things, but turbulence feels way more natural than in any other sim aircraft I've flow. None of this nauseating pitching/rolling/yawing around the CG. Different parts of the airframe seem to be affected differently, as in real life. I'm linking it 🙂

@lwt1971, interesting feedback for you.

I'm curious to what A2A did. The Comanche still has to interact with the weather in MSFS. As @lwt1971 pointed out, it will be interesting to see if A2A built on top of the MSFS flight model (and hence the Comanche interacts with the MSFS weather as one would expect if it's built on top of the MSFS flight model), or if A2A is just slewing the Comanche and using MSFS as a viewport.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, simbol said:

You must have a flight_model.cfg in the project for msfs or it will not compile, so the fact it has one there will tell you nothing.

However does it matter? What matters are the results. A2A are excellent devs, they have clearly created an amazing product, my congratulations and most respect to their teams.

Ah thanks for the clarification, and absolutely agree A2A are excellent devs and the product is clearly amazing! I am just very curious about how it's all implemented since it's fun 🙂 In your opinion is there a way to know/tell if an aircraft's flight model is totally external of or separate from the sim's FDE?

• Like 1

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

7 minutes ago, simbol said:

Best,

Raul

I am interested too, as well as @lwt1971. We both want to know if A2A is using MSFS as a viewport, and whether they have created an entire flight model external of MSFS.

As @lwt1971 said before, creating an entire flight model external of MSFS and also getting the plane to work fluidly with MSFS weather, seem like polar opposites. Since you are a developer for MSFS, maybe you could shed some light on how A2A is accomplishing what they may have just done?

As an educated guess, maybe the A2A Accusim engine takes in the weather data from MSFS, and then positions the Comanche based on that weather data? If A2A did this, they would effectively be slewing the Comanche, but using the weather data fed to the Accusim engine to determine how the Comanche is slewed.

In any case, I am very curious to know what A2A did.

Edited by abrams_tank