Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

A2A Comanche has been released!

9 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Ah thanks for the clarification, and absolutely agree A2A are excellent devs and the product is clearly amazing! I am just very curious about how it's all implemented since it's fun 🙂 In your opinion is there a way to know/tell if an aircraft's flight model is totally external of or separate from the sim's FDE?

Asking the developer of the product is the best way to know hehe.

R.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, gunther said:

Might be imagining things, but turbulence feels way more natural than in any other sim aircraft I've flow. None of this nauseating pitching/rolling/yawing around the CG. Different parts of the airframe seem to be affected differently, as in real life. I'm linking it 🙂

Ok, definitely not imagining things! A work of art!

• Like 2

Just now, gunther said:

Ok, definitely not imagining things! A work of art!

Very nice, what is your sim turbulence setting btw?

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

6 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

Very nice, what is your sim turbulence setting btw?

Medium. Mostly because I can't stand the baked-in behavior of most (if not all) MSFS aircraft so far. Might have to re-evaluate that setting. But I just did a flight across the alps with segments of moderate chop and a fairly tranquil descent into Bavaria, before hitting a line of squalls, and a 12 kt crosswind on landing and it felt VERY realistic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

Anybody streaming this now? Post some streaming links if anybody is streaming the A2A Comanche. Thanks!

Edit: Just as I post this, AmplifyAus is streaming this: https://www.twitch.tv/amplifyaus

AmplifyAus's stream is over. If somebody else is streaming the A2A Comanche today, post it here in this thread. Thanks!

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

Done, purchased, thanks for the heads up.

• Like 1

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Bought as I logged in and saw the announcement.  I won't get to try it till I come from work today.  I did buy it asap!!!  Thank you A2A

Now waiting for @simbol FSReborn's M500 release along with BlackSquare's Duke 

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Woohoo! and of course I'm away from home for a few days lol.

For those who already purchased it, can you spot a flight_model.cfg file anywhere on the disk installation? That would settle the burning question so far about how A2A have implemented the flight model (i.e. if it has a flight_model.cfg then it means it uses the MSFS core FM). Any external programs/processes that need to be running? Very likely yes at least for parts/all of the systems simulation I'd think, the sounds system was already confirmed to be external.

If it truly does have an external flight model then it would just use MSFS merely as a display port where the aircraft is slewed inside MSFS and almost everything else is simulated and controlled from outside, even weather (for aircraft in MSFS to interact with its weather, from all what we know their FM have to be built on top of the MSFS core FM.. unless there is now a way to interact fully with MSFS weather via SimVars or whatever, also unlikely).

bear in mind it can still use a mix of both. There's some fairly useful variables available on the simconnect API that can be useful for building sub sections of an external flight model

• Like 3

Just now, Lucky38i said:

bear in mind it can still use a mix of both. There's some fairly useful variables available on the simconnect API that can be useful for building sub sections of an external flight model

Hey Lucky38ti, if you end up buying the A2A Comanche, let us know what your analysis is of how A2A did the flight model. Thanks 👍.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

Ah thanks for the clarification, and absolutely agree A2A are excellent devs and the product is clearly amazing! I am just very curious about how it's all implemented since it's fun 🙂 In your opinion is there a way to know/tell if an aircraft's flight model is totally external of or separate from the sim's FDE?

You can have a flight_model.cfg with very basic configurations. There is alot of variables that can be configured but majority of them are optional. if the file is sparse then I would lead more to them using a mix of both and even if it is populated, some other optional parametera may not be which they prefer to use Accusim for. It'd be rather hard to tell from a glance.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, abrams_tank said:

Hey Lucky38ti, if you end up buying the A2A Comanche, let us know what your analysis is of how A2A did the flight model. Thanks 👍.

Personally I'm not an expert at that stuff like some other people I know. However, I'll let you know of the findings of more experienced people if they buy it. Who knows maybe A2A themselves might pop in here and explain it a bit more.

• Like 1

Does anyone know how well it works with the Honeycomb alpha and bravo and the autopilot functions?

Anyone knows where documentation is?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Personally I'm not an expert at that stuff like some other people I know. However, I'll let you know of the findings of more experienced people if they buy it. Who knows maybe A2A themselves might pop in here and explain it a bit more.

Oh cool, any information you come across would be great! Sorry, I thought you knew a little about MSFS flight models, since you are on the FBW development team.

In any case, whatever information you come across, please post it in this thread, cheers!

Edited by abrams_tank