Sign in to follow this  
Roman Design

What Canadian airport should I do next?

Now that my CYYJ Victoria is released, I'm once again looking for feedback on what airport to do next. Please let me know if you are aware of other developers working on Canadian airports, what is expected to release soon, what is missing, and cast your vote for what you would like to see next. I Would like to identify airport targets that would be in demand, that are either not done or being worked on by anyone else, or exists in much inferior quality - and definitely not anything that's already available on MSFS Marketplace. I prefer International/Regional airports that have jetways and can accept at least smaller airliners like 737 or ATR42 etc. Let me know what you think...

• Like 4

CYYJ  Victoria International Airport [BC Canada CYOW  Ottawa International Airport [Ontario Canada]   
 CYOO  Oshawa Executive Airport [Ontario Canada CYKZ  Toronto Buttonville Municipal Airport [Ontario Canada]
 CNC3  Brampton-Caledon Airport [Ontario Canada
Available now at FlightSimulation.RomanDesign.ca +4 Free Scenery Packs
My Hard Sci-Fi novels and audiobooks: RomanLando.com

Sault Ste. Marie (CYAM) is one I'd love to see, though I don't believe it has any jetways but it certainly can accept smaller airliners. One currently exists but the quality is pretty bad.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7800X3D | RTX 4090 | ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI | 32GB 6000MHz CL30 DDR5

How about something from the rock? Either Torbay or Gander perhaps?

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

For the first time in my flight simulation history we are nearing a point in MSFS when nearly all the main Canadian airports have a pay ware release, I am nearly shocked. Victoria, Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnipeg (coming soon), Thunder Bay (not a bad rendition by Sim Addons), London, Waterloo, Toronto, Kingston (again not a bad offering by Sim Addons), Ottawa, Montreal (incoming from FT and another developer I cannot recall now) Quebec City (excellent freeware available), Moncton, and Halifax -- along with a good number of smaller airfields. 

I agree SSM is an interesting choice there is also Regina and Saskatoon that have pretty poor renditions done by the MSFScenery people. Good renditions of those would certainly be welcome. Yellowknife is also a good option, such a key northern gateway. There is also Sudbury which is another key Northern gateway that has never been done.

Scratching my head...

• Like 2

Dan Scott

Regina, Saskatoon and Hamilton are the three that come to mind for me.  Whitehorse could be another.   Competition would be Simaddons at all four (I think, not sure about Regina)…in my mind I would not hesitate to purchase any of those from you over the Simaddons versions.  There’s a half decent Yellowknife already available.

Another option that I don’t think has any competition is Abbotsford.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide input and congrats on the release of YYJ, it’s a really well done airport.

Edited by regis9
  • Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Windsor CYQG

Many commercial flights, two flight schools (one a vibrant flying club). Cargo, AAR maintenance facility, border city, huge, brand new FBO. Lots of private traffic as well. 

• Like 2

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I thought Windsor was being done by FSimStudios? If not then that is a great choice as well. I have Hamilton's rendition by Sim Addons is actually not that bad, I do not know if I would rebuy it. I have not been to that airport for a few years so maybe things have changed.

Dan Scott

9 minutes ago, Cognita said:

I thought Windsor was being done by FSimStudios? If not then that is a great choice as well. I have Hamilton's rendition by Sim Addons is actually not that bad, I do not know if I would rebuy it. I have not been to that airport for a few years so maybe things have changed.

The Simaddons Hamilton includes a fictional upgrade to the terminal that was proposed years ago but never materialized.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Regina, Saskatoon and Hamilton are the three that come to mind for me.  Whitehorse could be another.   Competition would be Simaddons at all four (I think, not sure about Regina)…in my mind I would not hesitate to purchase any of those from you over the Simaddons versions.  There’s a half decent Yellowknife already available.

Another option that I don’t think has any competition is Abbotsford.

Thanks for the opportunity to provide input and congrats on the release of YYJ, it’s a really well done airport.

I would buy Abbotsford but I'm not sure if it's a very popular airport and whether the time put in to make it would result in worthwhile sales. But if somebody did a good version of Abbotsford, it's an airport that I would buy.

• Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

17 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I would buy Abbotsford but I'm not sure if it's a very popular airport and whether the time put in to make it would result in worthwhile sales. But if somebody did a good version of Abbotsford, it's an airport that I would buy.

You’re right, although the LCC’s have resulted in an increase in flights there I think it would well trail Saskatoon, Regina, Hamilton for commercial movements.  

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Whitehorse vote here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next