Sign in to follow this  
Tuskin38

Aerosoft A330 Website and Dev Update

5 minutes ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

and the lack of a cabin in 2023 isn't helping matters

Cabins are a waste of FPS.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 5

I'll wait until hopefully Fenix might do one, or some other dev comes in that's going to push the standard, and show what's possible.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

I have plenty frames to spare and like having a cabin. If anything, I consider it a bare minimum for a premium product nowadays. With the upcoming GSX feature, having a cabin will only add to the immersion and work flow.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Aerosoft falling down from sky like their A330 on P3D

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

Unfortunately, this product is looking more like a low-grade product right now.  I thought it would at least be a mid-grade product.  I guess we'll have to wait and see.

We can only hope that FSL has had theirs in development for some time behind the scenes and is closer than we know.  I know that's really hoping beyond hope.

As far as cabins, they are not a waste of resources.  It's the best way to get wings without having to edit the camera.cfg file unless you want to have to scroll through all the showcase cams to get to the one you want.  If you're losing performance with a cabin, then you're likely due for an upgrade in general.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

4 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

This company is becoming a joke, how is that they haven’t “finalized” the features set and they claim they are in beta? Looks A330 is a failure before its release.

Part that gets me is they will liaise with the team to discuss features. Surely you should already know what features are going to be missing...... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, carlanthony24 said:

Part that gets me is they will liaise with the team to discuss features. Surely you should already know what features are going to be missing...... 

They themselves internally from that statement have no idea what they can release. Obviously as rumors said, half of the team have quit and you left with a project that you have no idea how to move forward with.

I hope this drama will be a slap on Aerosoft face that hopefully will make them wake up to improve on themselves. Since MSFS release, they became arrogant with the worse customer support to date. What goes around comes around 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 6

Its targeted towards Xbox and cloud users that are not accessible to Vatsim, Ivao, PE etc. its a payware offer that is something better than default (for now). Anyone using an A330 on P.C. may as well stick the HW with FBW systems if they want to use online ATC services. Buying this for P.C. is just a waste of money.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Implementing a cabin doesn’t have any effect on fps because of scoped rendering. If you’re not looking at it, it’s not rendered.

you’re leading cause of fps loss is display drawing then comes your avionics. Modelling and texturing are pretty low when it comes to draw calls.

im not sure why some simmers keep bringing this up. 

Anyway regarding the topic at hand. Not really surprised, Aerosoft has an MO and they’re doing exactly that. I’m not sure why people expected more, I appreciate the they’re at least being relatively transparent about the whole thing.

Edited by Lucky38i
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

im not sure why some simmers keep bringing this up. 

There's a strong correlation between the people who are uninterested in airliner cabins and who are also uninterested in terminal building interiors all while bemoaning a supposed resultant significant loss in FPS from their existence.

Simply put, they just don't want these features as they're seen as a waste of effort and resources — unnecessary frivolity even.

21 minutes ago, Lucky38i said:

Aerosoft has an MO and they’re doing exactly that.

With fundamental aspects of a payware airliner at this seemingly advanced stage of the project still causing problems and the departure of at least two significant members of the team, it sounds like a complete cluster... I don't think they are even hitting their usual average standard without new support being brought in.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

we could do with a FSL  330 now that would be instant buy  ooof !!

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

The CRJ has a few issues, but in its current state, it’s not horrible. I’m still stumped about why so many people hate that plane so much?

• Like 3

Chris

Not the plane, but the company... or rather their development and customer support policies. And to think back in FSX days they used to be respectable...

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.