Sign in to follow this  
bofhlusr

What A2A will likely do next after the Comanche

15 minutes ago, Ron Attwood said:

No you wouldn't.

No I wouldn’t.

but it would sure be neat. I have had a love affair with Baron’s  ever since I saw a documentary on them at the age of 13

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

A Baron, Really? Yes a twin, but why a Baron when we already have a very high quality Black Square Baron. But a Piper Navajo, yes. 

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Not another Baron please. We already have a very good version available for that one.
I am longing for a proper de Havilland DH.104 Dove, or an Aero Commander. These would be quite different from the aircraft that are already available in MSFS.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

49 minutes ago, AviatorMan said:

A Baron, Really? Yes a twin, but why a Baron when we already have a very high quality Black Square Baron. But a Piper Navajo, yes. 

Actually, I have been looking at the Black Square Baron.Do you think it compares nicely with what we got from A2A.

There is also talk of a Piper M500 coming out. Should I wait for that. Who knows when that will come out though

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

2 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Actually, I have been looking at the Black Square Baron.Do you think it compares nicely with what we got from A2A.

There is also talk of a Piper M500 coming out. Should I wait for that. Who knows when that will come out though

Ron

The Black Square G36 Bonanza and the B58 Baron have very detailed system level functionality, beautiful analogue instrumentation, detailed documentation, and are a joy to fly. The A2A has more detailed engine specific modelling (e.g., cylinder level), and specific failure types, but others here will be more knowledgeable on this than me. As far as FD I understand the Black Square uses the default aircraft FD, but I have been flying the two aircraft now for several months, and have been noting things like approach speed/flare out simulation and comparing with real world data from Beechcraft on the two aircraft, and it seems pretty  accurate to me. A2A and Black Square are both top of the league developers, and since it is so  time consuming to make aircraft of this fidelity and accuracy, I personally would not like to see duplication of effort. Black Squares Baron is beyond what 90% of simmers would even notice the difference.. A2A should not duplicate one of Black Square's products in my opinion.

Edited by AviatorMan

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

1 hour ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Ron

Not talk, it's real. FSReborn of the Sting S4 fame is releasing the M500 in the near future. Here's a preview from a couple of months ago by twotonemurphy:

• Like 1

Best A2A for really learning how to fly  was the Texan T6. If you could land that aircraft consistently in a crosswind, you were a real pilot. 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Something to do Circuits and Bumps in, e.g. C172 (or C182 to have a mixed use profile).

Or...

Something really challenging -- the F4U-1 Corsair (Corsair Mk I).
Poor visibility for landing due to the long nose and pilot seat position, combined with the threat of the starboard wing stalling without warning when performing slow carrier landings. And... not forgetting the tendency to exacerbate the roll to the left during an attempted go-around, would promptly lead to flipping the aircraft onto its back just feet above the waves.

If you could land one on a carrier, you were better than the US Navy pilots at the time and were a real pilot. 😉

Spoiler

But it was the British Royal Navy’s Fleet Air Arm who came up with the concept that brought Corsairs to sea duty for good. The pilots developed a long, curving landing approach to keep the carrier’s deck in sight until the last moments before touchdown.

The Corsair did not operate from U.S. Navy carriers until 1944. [...]

How the Navy Tamed the “Killer Corsair”
Source: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/air-space-magazine/spoiler-alert-1-180977803/

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I've always found it odd that the Corsair is credited with driving the adoption of the curving approach technique.  It's certainly not the only taildragger out there with poor forward vis.  I teach curving approaches in Stearmans today - as the USN and AAF did in the early years of WWII.  Folks flying everything from Cubs to Pitts' prefer them today as well.  I guess straight ins to the boat were seen as advantageous for stability purposes, but it is surprising it took that long for someone to decide to apply the same technique at the boat that was used to land ashore.  

• Like 1

Andrew Crowley

33 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

I've always found it odd that the Corsair is credited with driving the adoption of the curving approach technique.  It's certainly not the only taildragger out there with poor forward vis.  I teach curving approaches in Stearmans today - as the USN and AAF did in the early years of WWII.  Folks flying everything from Cubs to Pitts' prefer them today as well.  I guess straight ins to the boat were seen as advantageous for stability purposes, but it is surprising it took that long for someone to decide to apply the same technique at the boat that was used to land ashore.  

It was the Brits who seemed to have figured it out with their Seafires, which have the same visibility issues. 

add in the corsairs asymmetrical stall, and it seems to come together…

in any case, yeah, similar problems, similar solutions. 

Honestly, in keeping with their amazing ability to model a beaten up airplane, I'd love to see something utilitarian like a Piper Navajo or an later model piston Aero Commander. Something I can really beat to hell hauling cargo or passengers.

• Like 1

7800X3D - RTX 2080 FE - 64GB DDR5 - Dan C4-SFX

The likely candidates are aircraft they already have done for other sims.  The most likely of all is an MSFS Aerostar 600 piston twin because they already had started work on an MSFS version.

Personally, I would really like to see a single engine turbo normalised Cessna with retractible gear.

2nd on my list would be a Beechcraft Bonanza (not the V tail).

3rd on my list would be a piston twin. I have the Flysimware 414 and have really enjoyed it but I would buy and A2A version in a flash.

4th would be a tail dragger of some kind such as a Cessna 185 Skywagon. I never really did get the hang of these things and an A2A dragger in this sim would really make me focus on mastering one.

I'd like all of these to be steam guage with the ability to whack my GTN 750 in.

What I wouldn't buy is anything military. I'm just not interested in them.

I'd also like:

A beautiful and kind red headed lady.

10 million pounds in my bank account.

An Aston Martin.

The moon on a stick and covered in sugar.

You got to have a dream,
If you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?

However, whatever I think is irrelevant. They will have already decided what they a making and make it they will.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2