Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

X-Plane 12.06 Is Full of Many Things

6 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Nah, they leave it there so people will complain. Everything in graphics comes at a price. They aim for some efficiencies before they start down that road so it wont hit FPS. People demand but never think of the consequences. Lets see what next beta does.

I've seen this subject taken apart from all angles. No matter how you look at it, it's unacceptable to have a game in 2023 with this issue. Not to mention it's almost a year after release.

• Upvote 1

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

"But it also would have been too tedious to hand code aliasing – the rendering node graph automates most of this and prevents bugs.

...The future: in the future the rendering node graph will also let us render different parts of the frame using different CPU cores, for better CPU utilization and higher FPS for CPU-bound users. We still have a lot of work to do on this front, but once again the rendering node graph makes it possible."

53 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

it's unacceptable

If only there was some way to visualize the spittle on your lips.

Your blood pressure could very well come down on this one with 12.06.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

When I was a child, people where content with what they had, now all people do is complain. Of course im sure, them being the experts, that they could do a far better job, and produce the perfect sim. Im still waiting to see one.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 8/15/2023 at 11:16 PM, mjrhealth said:

When I was a child, people where content with what they had, now all people do is complain. Of course im sure, them being the experts, that they could do a far better job, and produce the perfect sim. Im still waiting to see one.

When I was a child, you paid for a game and it had all the features at release and it was properly tested. Of course we were happy.

23 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

When I was a child, you paid for a game and it had all the features at release and it was properly tested. Of course we were happy.

Please, name any title that is released and never requires an update.

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bogdansrb said:

It also came on a floppy disk, ran on 1meg ram with 256 colours on inbuilt vga.😁

Edited by mjrhealth
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

It also came on a floppy disk, ran on 1meg ram with 256 colours on inbuilt vga.😁

And it ran superbly!

10 hours ago, GoranM said:

Please, name any title that is released and never requires an update.

Tetris?

2 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

And it ran superbly!

...until one saw it running even better on better hardware and started contemplating a PC upgrade.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

9 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

And it came with a manual that used page numbers for its DRM.

• Like 1

EDIT: Wrong thread

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

7 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

And it ran superbly!

With 600 lines of code not  1million. Things have changed lot.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

With 600 lines of code not  1million. Things have changed lot.

600 lines of code on 1 meg of RAM and 256 colors. And 600 lines of low level code, meaning no frameworks, engines or libraries. 

Point is, developers are lazy nowadays, they rush things just to get something released and "fix later", meaning the end users has to deal with bugs, poor performance and half baked features.

38 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

they rush things just to get something released and "fix later", meaning the end users has to deal with bugs, poor performance and half baked features.

"Move fast and break things."

The alternative is to just keep using FSX.

Which many people do.

Or XP11

Which (now) many more people do.

And thats all fine.

I recently put a gameboy advance emulator on my phone. game platform tech from nearly 25 years ago (2001).

Great fun, there a lot to be said for "not broken" even if the graphics arent even up to PS2 standards, plus sides are it still works without internet, and doesnt use much if any battery.

38 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

developers are lazy nowadays

More that people (me, and many here included) want the lastest and greatest yesterday, are willing to pay for it, even if sometimes its broken.

And thats fine to.

There exists a world in which XP12 is finished.

By that time the next version of xplane will be available.

That isnt developers being "lazy", its called meeting market demand. That is how you stay in business for the long term.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

46 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

600 lines of code on 1 meg of RAM and 256 colors. And 600 lines of low level code, meaning no frameworks, engines or libraries. 

Point is, developers are lazy nowadays, they rush things just to get something released and "fix later", meaning the end users has to deal with bugs, poor performance and half baked features.

Well it is as it is nowadays. With EVERY software. Stick to it or go back to 600 lines of code on 1 meg of RAM and 256 colors if it makes you happy 😂.

• Upvote 2

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

1 hour ago, bogdansrb said:

meaning the end users has to deal with bugs, poor performance and half baked features.

Laughs in 'Star Citizen'. You sweet summer child.

Good thing LR now has decades of dev history to prove that they'll eventually iron out the bugs and features. Performance/frametime stability is one example of a significant improvement in .06. It's hilarious to watch other organizations with hundreds of eyes on a sim project, churn out a similar degree of bugginess and lack of functionality. LR's doing quite well considering what they're taking on.

• Upvote 4

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...