Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Quest Pro: Initial Reactions

15 hours ago, DJSean00 said:

I believe the Quest Pro uses LCD monitors and not QLED?

from Wiki:-

It uses LCD quantum dot displays with a per-eye resolution of 1800×1920, viewed through pancake lensesthat allow for its enclosure to be 40% thinner in comparison to the Quest 2. Meta stated that the displays supported a wider color gamut than the Quest 2, and had improved contrast via "local dimming".

& these panels, from actual experience, have excellent colours,

you should check the Pro out for yourself, to test…

I saw a post that identified the specific panels used in Qpro and they are 100% DCI-P3, which is about as good as color gamut gets. 

• Like 1

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

https://www.boe.com/en/Enterprise/VR_AR

Look at the table there, the second column.  That's what is in the Q Pro.

• Like 1

AMD 7950x3d, MSI 4090 Supreme Liquid, 64GB@6000 CL30, MSI X670E ACE, 4TB Crucial T700 nvme, MSI AIO, Asus 43" HDR1000, Quest Pro, VKB gunfighter, Bravo throttle, TPR, IBM Model M keyboard, Shure SM58

Running a Quest Pro also and love not having my face enclosed in a HMD, so no fogging and always cool. I think I've pushed the graphics as hard as she cant get, bumped up link speed/resolution/etc tweaked my sims colors and highly satisfied. Mainly enjoy XP12 in VR and with 12.06 has beta support for OpenXR, just need for the OpenXr developer to make it compatible.

On 8/26/2023 at 9:24 PM, ohsirus said:

Running a Quest Pro also and love not having my face enclosed in a HMD, so no fogging and always cool. I think I've pushed the graphics as hard as she cant get, bumped up link speed/resolution/etc tweaked my sims colors and highly satisfied. Mainly enjoy XP12 in VR and with 12.06 has beta support for OpenXR, just need for the OpenXr developer to make it compatible.

How are the blacks? Flying at night in the Quest 2 is like flying through grey soup

Kind Regards,

Sean McCormack
FPSPLAYERS.COM

Game and Voice Servers

How does Quest Pro compare to HP G2 overall? 

G2 has ridiculously tiny sweet spot. Although I kind of got used to it, I would really like to upgrade to a HMD which is all around better than G2. 

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

2 hours ago, DJSean00 said:

How are the blacks? Flying at night in the Quest 2 is like flying through grey soup

Quest Pro blacks are very good with local dimming now,

the Pro’s separate panels & overall optics are clearly superior to Quest 2,

in MSFS there is a huge clarity difference between these two Quest HMDs…