Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Thoughts on Carenado PC-12

10 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Seems to be the following: 

• Improved flight dynamics
  • Other minor bug fixes

That's Carenado talk for: We didn't do word not allowed.

The funny thing is: the same folks who constantly complain about Carenado are the ones buying Carenado. Reluctantly, I put myself in this group, although I no longer buy their planes. 

It's like the guy who every weekend finds his girlfriend in bed with another man. Still, he's hoping the zebra will lose its stripes and emerge as a unicorn, holding bushels of 4-leaved clovers in each hand. 

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's like the guy who every weekend finds his girlfriend in bed with another man...

Well that can be kind of tough to take, but as long as the wife doesn't find out it's not the end of the world.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Weather Carenado PC-12 is good matters not with Simwork version supposedly coming out before the end of the month.

Seems to me the Simwork version will be way better no matter what.

Ron

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

14 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Seems to be the following: 

• Improved flight dynamics
  • Other minor bug fixes

Thanks. I've had graphical issues with the displays in VR since I think SU13. Will give it a whirl over the weekend to see if resolved.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

Does anyone know whether or not the SWS version will have at least a semi-functional EFIS with ARC map mode overlay? In all the preview video's I've seen of the Simworks Pilatus PC-12 I've yet to see if a flight plans waypoints are displayed on the EFIS. Carenado's PC-12 actually does this when using it with the WT GNS-530, it's buggy as heck, however if you enter a flight plan in by hand including your procedures it seem to work pretty well.

One thing that's Pi$$ed me right off about Carenado is their insistence of using the MSFS Marketplace instead of selling them from their website like in the old days, the marketplace file encryption has done NOTHING to curb *you know what* and has only penalized the communities ability to fix and/or improve their planes functionalities. Back in the old FSX/P3D days there were several great guys on here who literally fixed Carenado's bugs for them while at the same time adding improvements to their products.

• Like 1

Andrew Walker

19 minutes ago, Jocko Flocko said:

the marketplace file encryption has done NOTHING to curb *you know what* 

I was under the impression that market place encryption was pretty effective against you know what and for some smaller devs the cut they gave to Microsoft was worth it as opposed to maintaining their own installer, having to run their own web based shop, etc?

I think their PC12 is fantastic for the price.
Will I be buying the SWS version too? You bet!

I wish I could say it was effective then it might be very worth it, but quite often it's only several days until they are uploaded. Unfortunately, at best, Google will de-list the link(s) via a DMCA notice, but that's about it. I develop and code VST/AU/RTAS/TDM/ audio plugins that are used in digital audio workstations (or DAW's for short) Over the years I've lost literally millions in potential revenue because of it.

And yeah, I'll be buying the SWS version too as the flight model is exceptional from what I've seen so far. I too enjoy the Carenado PC-12, it's a very fun to fly.

Edited by Jocko Flocko

Andrew Walker

2 hours ago, Jocko Flocko said:

Does anyone know whether or not the SWS version will have at least a semi-functional EFIS with ARC map mode overlay? In all the preview video's I've seen of the Simworks Pilatus PC-12 I've yet to see if a flight plans waypoints are displayed on the EFIS. Carenado's PC-12 actually does this when using it with the WT GNS-530, it's buggy as heck, however if you enter a flight plan in by hand including your procedures it seem to work pretty well.

One thing that's Pi$$ed me right off about Carenado is their insistence of using the MSFS Marketplace instead of selling them from their website like in the old days, the marketplace file encryption has done NOTHING to curb *you know what* and has only penalized the communities ability to fix and/or improve their planes functionalities. Back in the old FSX/P3D days there were several great guys on here who literally fixed Carenado's bugs for them while at the same time adding improvements to their products.

As I understand they entered into a contract with Microsoft for a certain amount of time to only sell via the Marketplace.

Since their first release (which I think was the C182), enough time has lapsed so they are now rolling out their products onto their own web site.  I actually re-purchased the Mooney again just to see if files were unlocked and accessible - and yes they are!  I would imagine in a year or so the pc12 would also be available from their own site.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

5 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

As I understand they entered into a contract with Microsoft for a certain amount of time to only sell via the Marketplace.

Since their first release (which I think was the C182), enough time has lapsed so they are now rolling out their products onto their own web site.  I actually re-purchased the Mooney again just to see if files were unlocked and accessible - and yes they are!  I would imagine in a year or so the pc12 would also be available from their own site.

The PC12 is already available to purchase via their website…..so if someone wants to try…feel free.

> I thought it was, just verified it is’nt

I still buying the SWS PC12 but the Carenado PC12 has comes a long way, with the last update it really is now a good product, certainly underrated …sad for them

Edited by cyril972
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

No more online activation needed, like in previous PC-12?

5 hours ago, Mike44 said:

No more online activation needed, like in previous PC-12?

I think you still need a serial key like their previous fsx products.  But the files aren't locked behind drm (.fsarchive) like on the MP.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, cyril972 said:

The PC12 is already available to purchase via their website…..so if someone wants to try…feel free.

> I thought it was, just verified it is’nt

I still buying the SWS PC12 but the Carenado PC12 has comes a long way, with the last update it really is now a good product, certainly underrated …sad for them

It has worked fine for me since patch 1.  The release had the fps lag issue after 15 min.  Some people say it's still laggy for them.  I don't know why it's so system dependent.  I enjoy flying it - honestly it flies pretty close to book specs, has excellent dual TDS GTNxi integration, weather radar, reasonable flight model, and as usual, excellent visuals.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

Ryan, are you saying you can have 2 GTNXI in the plane. I have only seen that in one other plane so far. The 414

Ron

Edited by Ron Lefebvre

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

17 minutes ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

Ryan, are you saying you can have 2 GTNXI in the plane. I have only seen that in one other plane so far. The 414

Ron

It has a 750xi and 650xi

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |