Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Thoughts on Carenado PC-12

Any thoughts on the Carenado PC12?

The review rating is 3.5 stars on the Marketplace. 

Is it possible to read the reviews, when I click on it, it gives me a chart of the ratings, but no way to access the reviews? 

Thanks!

10 minutes ago, Skyseek said:

Is it possible to read the reviews, when I click on it, it gives me a chart of the ratings, but no way to access the reviews? 

Thanks!

No there's no written reviews unfortunately.

With the SWS on the horizon I'd skip it.... but personally I like it....  it's not advanced systems wise but looks excellent and supports both TDS and PMS GTNs.  Some people have issues with low fps after a while but not me.

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I enjoy it as well and fly it at least a couple of times a week. It's certainly not "study level" or whatever the buzzword for that is now, but for some reason I absolutely love this plane.  The SWS PC12 should be impressive.  I think end of September is the latest release date.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Radpreemo63 said:

I enjoy it as well and fly it at least a couple of times a week. It's certainly not "study level" or whatever the buzzword for that is now, but for some reason I absolutely love this plane.  The SWS PC12 should be impressive.  I think end of September is the latest release date.

I too am on the fence with this one.  Just out of curiosity, where did you hear about a possible September release?

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Honestly? I'd avoid it. Having that plane and all its issues for several months without a fix left a bad taste for me....All things Carenado. It works but the systems/performance/realism is simply not there. I would just fly the working title tbm, kodiak or black square planes. Wait for the SimWorksStudios version.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Dukes, Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I bought it. Flew it once. Flew it again after the "patch". Never touched it again. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Not worth the money if you ask me. There are issues with the engine panel backlit not working, flies on rails, overall quality its mediocre at best.

Edited by CarlosF

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

5 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

I bought it. Flew it once. Flew it again after the "patch". Never touched it again. 

Same here.

With SWS' track record on the Kodiak & pending release of their own PC-12, I can easily recommend avoiding Carenado's version.

@Skyseek I made several videos on this aircraft. To be fair, the performance in several categories is reasonable/good.

ifrsLFh.png

I used the PC12 POH when producing the videos. You can evaluate aspects of the plane in these videos:

Pilatus PC-12 Cold & Dark Startup - Real World Step by Step Instructions- 4K - Carenado PC12 Video 1 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mq91Rbaxoew

Pilatus PC-12 Takeoff, Climb, Cruise- Real World Step by Step Instructions- 4K Carenado PC12 Video 2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sHI4S05aLMc

Pilatus PC-12 Change Flight Level Tutorial - Altitude Preselector - 4K Carenado PC12 Video 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Q5t7O5O-Uw

Pilatus PC-12 Descent, Approach & Landing Real World Step by Step Instruc. Carenado PC12 Video 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6c7-suESL5o

Pilatus PC-12 Takeoff & Landing Distances - Real World vs Flight Simulator - Carenado PC12 - Video 5

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlYBf7KRud0

• Like 5

On 8/5/2023 at 10:50 PM, ryanbatc said:

No there's no written reviews unfortunately.

With the SWS on the horizon I'd skip it.... but personally I like it....  it's not advanced systems wise but looks excellent and supports both TDS and PMS GTNs.  Some people have issues with low fps after a while but not me.

Exactly this.

What I found though is with their latest update, my FPS issues went away.  I really like it and I'll most likely get the SWS version as well.

Jase

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

3 hours ago, JaseMelbo said:

I really like it and I'll most likely get the SWS version as well.

same here, provided the SWS comes with superb graphics and a clean, like new, livery and internal version.

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

On 8/5/2023 at 8:38 AM, Skyseek said:

Any thoughts on the Carenado PC12?

The review rating is 3.5 stars on the Marketplace. 

Thanks!

The Carenado PC-12 is visually stunning, but it does have a bland fly on rails feel to it, meanwhile short runway approaches will still get your adrenaline pumping and pose a real challenge!

The Black Square TMB 850 on the other hand has the visuals and realistic aerodynamics to make you "pucker your keister" on short runway approaches.

While they are two different planes, they both serve similar purposes, Brute powered STOL capability.

The 850 just feels more of a realistic visceral beast when that engine get's to breathing!

As for the SimWorks PC-12... no idea the Carenado visuals are just superb and make it hard to consider another later PC-12 purchase, even though I could assume SimWork's version handles much more realistically.

While being a visual flight sim enthusiast more than study level avionics/aerodynamics...The Carenado version through all of it's updates scratches the PC-12 itch for me!

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 2

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2