Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Thoughts on Carenado PC-12

The only two Carenado aircraft that have 'expired' for Marketplace exclusivity are the C182T and the PA44 Seminole (I think from memory, their first two releases).  Those two are now availably from several vendors, including Jf and Simmarket. As Ryan says, others will follow when their exclusivity contract expires.

It'll always be behind though and if you want the 'latest and greatest' Carenado releases, the Marketplace will still be the only place to purchase from. 

The encrypted files drive me mad too.   I regularly make a few AP tweaks to most planes and the ones that are encypted are always the ones most in need of the tweaks!

Edited by JYW
  • Like 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

46 minutes ago, JYW said:

It'll always be behind though and if you want the 'latest and greatest' Carenado releases, the Marketplace will still be the only place to purchase from. 

Unless they only entered into a timed agreement....  perhaps with a new release they don't exclusively release to MP... maybe MP and their site?  We can only hope.  I was able to contact them a month or so ago, and they are still working on a new project...  I hadn't seen anything new from them so I was curious.  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

they are still working on a new project...  I hadn't seen anything new from them so I was curious. 

Santa Claus will deliver it. my dream would be Embraer Phenom, but I doubt it.

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

26 minutes ago, turbomax said:

FSR will do that should be pretty good

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Unless they only entered into a timed agreement....  perhaps with a new release they don't exclusively release to MP... maybe MP and their site?  We can only hope.  I was able to contact them a month or so ago, and they are still working on a new project...  I hadn't seen anything new from them so I was curious.  

Very true, yes could be.  Hopefully their exclusivity deal will finish soon.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

6 hours ago, turbomax said:

That would be an absolutely fantastic Christmas present! 🤗🥂

• Like 1

Andrew Walker

16 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I think you still need a serial key like their previous fsx products.  But the files aren't locked behind drm (.fsarchive) like on the MP.

Is it still possible to install liveries etc. from outside the MP with the MP version?

4 hours ago, Mike44 said:

Is it still possible to install liveries etc. from outside the MP with the MP version?

Yes.

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

I am considering buying the Carenado PC12 after seeing a couple of videos of the SWS PC12 - no failures and not even hot starts modelled. 

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

On 11/22/2023 at 12:48 PM, turbomax said:

Perhaps this is old news here, but the Phenom will enter full time development by FSReborn in January of 2024.

• Upvote 1

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level   Oppenheimer's Trinity - A Flight to Ground Zero in the T-6A Texan | Cold Start | Remastered Photos

4 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

I am considering buying the Carenado PC12 after seeing a couple of videos of the SWS PC12 - no failures and not even hot starts modelled. 

I produced a series of Carenado PC12 videos that will give you future insight.

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level   Oppenheimer's Trinity - A Flight to Ground Zero in the T-6A Texan | Cold Start | Remastered Photos

5 hours ago, The Flight Level said:

I produced a series of Carenado PC12 videos that will give you future insight.

Thank you - I found and watched the startup video which was very informative. I'll watch the others too, a nice series.

I have always liked Carenado aircraft and have most of them.  No doubt the SWS version will be very nice indeed, but when I saw it was limited in systems functionality, I took a look at the Carenado offering again.

• Like 1

CPU Ryzen 7800X 3D  RAM 32GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR5 6000MHz
GPU 24GB ASUS TUF GEFORCE RTX 4090 OC EDITION OG Monitor MSI MPG 321URX QD-OLED 32 inch HDR1000 
Internal Storage 1TB SOLIDIGM P44 PRO GEN 4 M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD  External Storage Three 4Tb Hard Disks 

Carenado shared this video on the anniversary of its release. I also got a chance to play around with the latest 2.01 version and it's working beautifully for me. I've never been impacted by the fps drop others have reported although granted I normally only do shorter flights.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

12 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Why not just get the TBM850, instead of a plane most people did not enjoy a year ago.

Pretty much the same plane and the TBM has everything you are looking for.

Food for thought as the saying goes

Ron

Edited by Ron Lefebvre

Ron

MSFS -A2A Comanche250 -Cessna 310 -Cessna 414 - Black Square Duke
Black Square TBM 850 - 146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-800

2 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

No doubt the SWS version will be very nice indeed, but when I saw it was limited in systems functionality, I took a look at the Carenado offering again.

Because the Carenado version is so feature rich? 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog