Sign in to follow this  
btacon

Fenix V2 B1 Released

All around a bit stuttery to me, from my felling the last/older one performed better on my system and settings - with realy moderate settings..

So at the moment not that happy 😏

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Disregard.
Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

All around a bit stuttery to me, from my felling the last/older one performed better on my system and settings - with realy moderate settings..

So at the moment not that happy 😏

cheers 😉

Are you on version .200?

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

From Fenix Discord... Simbrief profile

Please note, the default Sim Brief profile may cause issues. We highly recommend using this SimBrief profile instead: https://www.simbrief.com/system/dispatch.php?sharefleet=21663_1652685144312
Generate detailed virtual flight plans in seconds!

Don't need this, it's older - the Fenix Simulations profile within Simbrief itself is updated.

• Like 3

Aamir Thacker

downloaded new update and the stutters are still there like before...sigh.

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

13 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Everything seems to work fine and I am happy. Only thing is that I cannot input squawk code. The display stays 2000. Any solution?

Updated to match the real aircraft. Need to use CLR twice. First CLR will remove the last digit, next CLR will clear the rest.

• Like 8

Aamir Thacker

2 minutes ago, wiler said:

downloaded new update and the stutters are still there like before...sigh.

did you do a clean install? as mentioned elsewhere before, first V2 yesterday caused a slide show on ground (better airborn). but I installed it over the previous version. So bit the bullet today - which is actually not so much a bullet - and deinstalled old / current Fenix from Windows App. Restarted PC. Installed latest Fenix. Rebooted. launched MSFS and all fine 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

4 minutes ago, DAD said:

did you do a clean install? as mentioned elsewhere before, first V2 yesterday caused a slide show on ground (better airborn). but I installed it over the previous version. So bit the bullet today - which is actually not so much a bullet - and deinstalled old / current Fenix from Windows App. Restarted PC. Installed latest Fenix. Rebooted. launched MSFS and all fine 

I deleted the Old version. Installed the first new version which was stuttery then ran this update. will try to delete this one and reinstall fresh , hope it works cuz this is terrible. 

Just now, wiler said:

I deleted the Old version. Installed the first new version which was stuttery then ran this update. will try to delete this one and reinstall fresh , hope it works cuz this is terrible. 

What exactly is stuttering? Is it the sim itself, or the displays?

Aamir Thacker

5 minutes ago, DAD said:

Two other steps for a clean install:

Delete any Fenix folders left in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Data, then run the new  installer.

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, Aamir said:

What exactly is stuttering? Is it the sim itself, or the displays?

Im watching the frametimer in dev mode and seeing 14-16ms CPU but get major red/purple spikes every 10seconds or less if not panning, causing FPS to drop to teens.  Im locked @ 30fps. If panning huge stutters almost right away.  I have a 7900x3d 3080 rtxc, which never had issue with stutters before. 

3 minutes ago, wiler said:

Im watching the frametimer in dev mode and seeing 14-16ms CPU but get major red/purple spikes every 10seconds or less if not panning, causing FPS to drop to teens.  Im locked @ 30fps. If panning huge stutters almost right away.  I have a 7900x3d 3080 rtxc, which never had issue with stutters before. 

That sounds absurdly broken - something isn't right there. What render settings are you using in the fenix app?

Aamir Thacker

Version 1.5.1.200 was released today....  

Version 1.5.1.200, released on 2023-08-10
Changelog
[SYSTEM]
○    Fixed high CPU usage/temp bug, affecting some users performance
[APP]
○    Changed UI to "ALTERNATIVE RENDERER"
○    Added logic to select iGPU if one exists, instead of CPU, if ALTERNATIVE RENDERER selected
○    Inhibited Fenix auto-launch after installation

V1-Simulations (IRL A320 captain) did a couple of streams with the Fenix V2-B1 and seems quite happy overall about all the improvements. His second stream focused on stress testing in strong crosswinds.

Some of his comments:
- "cross-wind take-offs are very very good and takeoff behaviour in general is greatly improved, feels just like the real airplane"
- "you couldn't land the Fenix V1 in a 30 knot crosswind but now feels good"

• Like 4

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

20 minutes ago, Aamir said:

That sounds absurdly broken - something isn't right there. What render settings are you using in the fenix app?

Just ran the plane from KTOL and it seems to not stutter. Maybe there is an issue w the mkstudios KPHL addon then. Will test w another aircraft to see if repeated. 

42 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Updated to match the real aircraft. Need to use CLR twice. First CLR will remove the last digit, next CLR will clear the rest.

Thank you! I was not bright enough to try clr. 🙂