Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

Patch 3 is now available

Go get her!

The Prepar3D v6.0 Patch 3 contains the following changes:

• All fixes and updates from previous patches.
  • Rendering system performance improvements.
  • Slight reduction to cloud scatter to make bottom of clouds less dark.
  • Fixed texture UV wrapping issues at sloped airports.
  • Various model texture fixes including the Piper, Tornado, CRJ 700, Ohio Class Sub, commercial airliners, countermeasures, ground vehicles, water helipads, and shacks.
  • Fixed various autogen textures that were too dark.
  • Fixed various water elevation issues.
  • Fixed issue preventing custom weather themes from saving correctly.
  • Fixed issue where legacy FailureActions would not load correctly due to missing ObjectReferences.
  • Various scenery updates including KLAX, PACV, DC, Rome, North America, Europe, and Oceania.
  • Fixed various water issues including European and Alaskan lakes.
  • Fixed various issues with building density and generalization.
  • Improved collision detection performance.
  • Improved bullet collision fidelity.
  • Added Camera Control UI in Views menu to allow for easier camera manipulation and saving.
  • Reduced default bloom values (requires deleting Prepar3D.cfg in %appdata% directory or running “Delete generated files” in the application directory).
  • Fixed issue with flight plan file path being saved as absolute path in fxml files.
  • The flight planner UI is now available in SimDirector.
  • Fixed issue where add-on text to speech voices would not select properly with dialog actions.
  • Added separate day/night intensity control to dynamic lighting PDK. Added scalar for dynamic lights using legacy light PDK versions to increase intensity during the day
Edited by jkeye
  • Like 4

It's a full download like it was in V5.X, not an incremental one.  If your low on space on your C:\drive, I would recommend uninstalling the previous version, answering no to the license deactivation and installing the new version. Same as we did with version 5. make sure sure you chose the right directory.  Tried installing from the auto installer when prompted when I started P3D6 and it downloaded ok, but the installed failed and my C:\ProgramData\Package Cache fill up my c:\drive. Looks like the auto installer in not deleting the old version from the package cache folder before installing the new version. please note the package cache on your c drive will store the install package regardless of which drive you pick for for your install. 

John C.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

Did the full install from the update.

Afterwards it offered 2 options continue the automated install or go manual saying that the whole P3Dv6.30 was available in my download folder.

After having checked the download files in my download folder I chose the automated setup.

Everything a ok now.

Deleted the P3d.cfg

Retained my FTX setup from P3Dv5

Initial tests: everything ok

Big improvement at dusk with panel cockpits and textures. I can not see clearly the cockpit and outside textures at dawn and night.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pierre

3 hours ago, ppo said:

Did the full install from the update.

Afterwards it offered 2 options continue the automated install or go manual saying that the whole P3Dv6.30 was available in my download folder.

After having checked the download files in my download folder I chose the automated setup.

Everything a ok now.

Deleted the P3d.cfg

Retained my FTX setup from P3Dv5

Initial tests: everything ok

Big improvement at dusk with panel cockpits and textures. I can not see clearly the cockpit and outside textures at dawn and night.

Cheers

I also can’t see any ground textures during dusk and dawn also.

Vernon Howells

Same here but you can mitigate through "live graphics"  by adjusting gamma slider at least it works for me 

Edited by greggd

A quick question - with the patches being more frequently deployed from LM, is Chase Plane presenting any problems because of these patches being released or are they under the "radar screen" of CP?

Spoiler

System specs: MFG Crosswind pedals| ACE B747 yoke |Honeycomb Bravo throttle
Now built: P3Dv5.3HF2: Intel i5-12600K @4.8Ghz | MSI Z690-A PRO | Asus TUF Gaming RTX3070 OC 8Gb| 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200Mhz |Samsung 980Evo Pro PCIe 500Gb | WD Black SN850 PCIe 2Tb | beQuiet 802 Tower Case|Corsair RM850 PSU | Acer Predator 34p 3440x1440p

Mark Aldridge
P3D v5.3 HF2, P3Dv4.5 and sometimes FSX!

Chaseplane gets updated after a P3D update.

Edit:

However, CP is still very usable before it officially gets it update.

Edited by vonmar

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

This patch, at least for me, didn't fix the day/night light issue.

If during the day in P3D v6 Options - Lighting - Brightness Adjustment is at 0.00 during the day, I have to set it to 0.50 if I want to see the airports correctly lit at night.

For me patch 3 appears to have broken the Majestic Dash 8-400.

12 hours ago, dbw1 said:

For me patch 3 appears to have broken the Majestic Dash 8-400.

In what way-I am thinking of buying this but may hold off now

it has been an interesting experience since patch 3.

When i first started p3dv6 patch 3 up after the install with the majestic the screens were flashing different messages that made no sense, some knobs and switches were no functional, really just what you've almost come to expect sometimes after a patch.

Here's where it gets interesting as the next couple times less issues were observed and last night's flight had the nose wheel steering going opposite of the input but that was the only abnormality. It is almost as if, silly as it sounds, the dash8 is adapting to the sim. Honestly i have no explanation for the behavior.

As it is the only add on aircraft i have working in p3dv6 I want it to work and it is seeming to do so. I am not sharp enough with computers to do the mods to install other payware  aircraft into p3dv6 and don't want to create problems i will not be able to fix.

As a recommendation i would buy it as it is a great aircraft in the sim. My issues might be simply tied into my system. it's a new system as of a few weeks ago and relatively high end. I hadn't flown the dash8 in quite some time and had forgotten just how much I enjoyed it. As someone who flew the Saab340 for a few years I think I would really have enjoyed getting my hands on this aircraft in the real world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dbw1 said:

it has been an interesting experience since patch 3.

When i first started p3dv6 patch 3 up after the install with the majestic the screens were flashing different messages that made no sense, some knobs and switches were no functional, really just what you've almost come to expect sometimes after a patch.

Here's where it gets interesting as the next couple times less issues were observed and last night's flight had the nose wheel steering going opposite of the input but that was the only abnormality. It is almost as if, silly as it sounds, the dash8 is adapting to the sim. Honestly i have no explanation for the behavior.

As it is the only add on aircraft i have working in p3dv6 I want it to work and it is seeming to do so. I am not sharp enough with computers to do the mods to install other payware  aircraft into p3dv6 and don't want to create problems i will not be able to fix.

As a recommendation i would buy it as it is a great aircraft in the sim. My issues might be simply tied into my system. it's a new system as of a few weeks ago and relatively high end. I hadn't flown the dash8 in quite some time and had forgotten just how much I enjoyed it. As someone who flew the Saab340 for a few years I think I would really have enjoyed getting my hands on this aircraft in the real world.

I just did a flight from CYQR (Regina) to CYYC (Calgary) with real time weather as verified by foreflight. Weather program was ASN for P3dV6.

The majestic Dash8 weather radar showed wx pretty much as what was depicted by foreflight on my Ipad. In fact it showed different intensities mirroring the red section shown on foreflight. I have a good screen shot but not sure how to insert it here.

The aircraft behave totally fine. Based on this flight i would recommend it for p3dV6.

I'm trying to remember if i did a restart after the upgrade to update 3 for p3dV6 and to be honest i may not have done it....so I am blaming age (70). This may have been part of the problem I experienced. I don't wish to discourage anyone from this aircraft as now I am really enjoying it. 

1 hour ago, dbw1 said:

I just did a flight from CYQR (Regina) to CYYC (Calgary) with real time weather as verified by foreflight. Weather program was ASN for P3dV6.

The majestic Dash8 weather radar showed wx pretty much as what was depicted by foreflight on my Ipad. In fact it showed different intensities mirroring the red section shown on foreflight. I have a good screen shot but not sure how to insert it here.

The aircraft behave totally fine. Based on this flight i would recommend it for p3dV6.

I'm trying to remember if i did a restart after the upgrade to update 3 for p3dV6 and to be honest i may not have done it....so I am blaming age (70). This may have been part of the problem I experienced. I don't wish to discourage anyone from this aircraft as now I am really enjoying it. 

Does the weather radar show volumetric clouds?