Sign in to follow this  
Abrupto

Fenix A320 not centered on take off roll

I am not sure if it’s me or the settings of my pedals, but I find it quite difficult to stay centered on the runway during take-off. I have to keep correcting the rudder pedals continuously and sooner or later I overcorrect, and I start some kind of zigzagging along the runway. I have tried to play a bit with the sensibility curve, but I haven’t found yet a good result. I would like to ask to someone that does not have this problem to share the pedals settings.

Thank you.

HB

Me too, had this always with all releases since..??

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

Just now, polosim said:

What hardware do you use from rudder axis?

Mine is a old Logitech Joystick..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

old Logitech Joystick..

Maybe it can also work for the rudder axis.

====Recommended Stick Sensitivity====

The perfect settings for your Sidestick.

Users who have a stick on the lighter side such as a TCA, T16000, Logitech 3D Pro, etc:

We recommend a sensitivity of -30% on the roll and pitch as seen below:

To change this setting, please click on your stick in the MSFS Control Options then Sensitivity on the left side.

https://kb.fenixsim.com/stick-settings

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I use rudder pedals and have to keep them at -50% so I would imagine using a joystick could possible require even more but that might be a good place to start.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

You can't keep centered with a joystick controlling the rudder, get some rudder pedals. I nail the center line on every takeoff. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

You can't keep centered with a joystick controlling the rudder, get some rudder pedals. I nail the center line on every takeoff. 

Hi Bobsk8,

I have thrustmaster rudder pedals. Is it possible for you to share your rudder settings?

Thank you!

Edited by Abrupto

2 hours ago, Abrupto said:

I am not sure if it’s me or the settings of my pedals, but I find it quite difficult to stay centered on the runway during take-off. I have to keep correcting the rudder pedals continuously and sooner or later I overcorrect, and I start some kind of zigzagging along the runway. I have tried to play a bit with the sensibility curve, but I haven’t found yet a good result. I would like to ask to someone that does not have this problem to share the pedals settings.

Thank you.

HB

Don't set a sensitivity curve. Keep it linear. Otherwise the rudder will get even more twitchy when deflected, in particular in a crosswind situation.

Instead increase the Extremity Deadzone. A positive Extremity Deadzone setting reduces the sensitivity. That means that you won't get to the full control deflection in the sim  anymore when you fully deflect your hardware controller, which makes the controls less twitchy. Normally you never need the full deflection in the sim (unless you want to do sideslips).

Go as high as you still have enough rudder authority with about 30 kts crosswind.

I use AAO to do that and I have reduced the max rudder range to about 40%. That still gives me enough authority in crosswind situations and makes the rudder less sensitive so that it is easy to keep the Fenix on centerline while rolling.

I do that for every aircraft.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Like 3

Same here Logitech 3D Pro. 

BTW. absolutely outstanding plane and performance.

Thanks Fenix.

Miquel.

Even some of the youtubers, rw airbus drivers, are fighting that tendency which, apparently, got worst with this last update...

Takeoff and landing rollout can become sinuous ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, RALF9636 said:

Don't set a sensitivity curve. Keep it linear. Otherwise the rudder will get even more twitchy when deflected, in particular in a crosswind situation.

Instead increase the Extremity Deadzone. A positive Extremity Deadzone setting reduces the sensitivity. That means that you won't get to the full control deflection in the sim  anymore when you fully deflect your hardware controller, which makes the controls less twitchy. Normally you never need the full deflection in the sim (unless you want to do sideslips).

Go as high as you still have enough rudder authority with about 30 kts crosswind.

I use AAO to do that and I have reduced the max rudder range to about 40%. That still gives me enough authority in crosswind situations and makes the rudder less sensitive so that it is easy to keep the Fenix on centerline while rolling.

I do that for every aircraft.

Thanks for this tip. Tried it and I like it - Makes things more predictable when dancing on the pedals.

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

4 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I use AAO to do that and I have reduced the max rudder range to about 40%.

What do you do during engine out procedures or times when full ruder authority is required?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

What do you do during engine out procedures or times when full ruder authority is required?

Engine out, dial in some rudder trim. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

Even some of the youtubers, rw airbus drivers, are fighting that tendency which, apparently, got worst with this last update...

It's more consistent now, but that's negating the fact that rudder hardware goes from twist bases on joysticks, to TPRs like I have, to mechanical linked rudders some people run out of real flight decks. I cannot tune for every single one of those possibilities, in the same way I cannot tune the sidestick sensitivity for every stick on the market. If the rudder is too sensitive, I'd highly recommend opening the tuning menu and making your own adjustments to find your personal fit or liking - I can't quite do much about folks that don't want to do this, as all we can do ultimately is provide a consistent and linear control mechanism upon which the user needs to adjust their hardware to. 

• Like 12
  • Upvote 2

Aamir Thacker