Sign in to follow this  
Bernard Ducret

Things to come to MSFS... Soon (?!)

I'm still intrigued as to what which FSL bird will land for MSFS first, A32x? ... Concorde? ... A330?

As for the Concorde it's been confirmed multiple times development on the MSFS version was already begun, and parts of it were parallel development between the P3D and MSFS versions. All that could still could easily mean FSL might not release the MSFS Concorde until 2024 or 2028 🤣

FWIW, here's what FSL has chosen to say on this subject recently, along with a cryptic story about shoes:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32499-concorde-first-look/?do=findComment&comment=260809

QuestionOut of interest, how far behind will the MSFS version compared to the P3d version. I know you won't give dates or anything but is it going to be relatively soon like this year or can we expect it to still be in early development. Or were they being developed in parallel?

FSL (Norman)Whilst a lot of things are done in parallel, to set expectations its *not* just a few weeks away.  As you know however we don't give any other indications as they can set unnecessary pressure on releasing to a date. Once the P3D version has been released we can further look at where things are.

FSL (Norman): I'm tied into what I can say and what I can't however if you could imagine taking that really old comfy pair of shoes with you on holday.  The sun is shining and you and your shoes get to go do so many of the things you do at home; everything is so familiar and comfortable.
And then it rains and you know those old shoes leak all the time. Thankfully though your wife also packed a new pair of shoes, in a style just like your old faithful ones. You still get to walk around and when the rain has stopped you check out your reflection in the puddles on the ground, things just look the same, but newer and shinier. 
Luckily those old shoes toughened up your feet over the years. These new ones are causing you pain and strife as you walk, trying to break them in. You are thankful for the years and experiences gained with the old shoes.

I'm too tired to interpret what that shoe story means lol, but the tldr appears to be Norman's first statement above.

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

25 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

I'm still intrigued as to what which FSL bird will land for MSFS first, A32x? ... Concorde? ... A330?

As for the Concorde it's been confirmed multiple times development on the MSFS version was already begun, and parts of it were parallel development between the P3D and MSFS versions. All that could still could easily mean FSL might not release the MSFS Concorde until 2024 or 2028 🤣

FWIW, here's what FSL has chosen to say on this subject recently, along with a cryptic story about shoes:

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32499-concorde-first-look/?do=findComment&comment=260809

QuestionOut of interest, how far behind will the MSFS version compared to the P3d version. I know you won't give dates or anything but is it going to be relatively soon like this year or can we expect it to still be in early development. Or were they being developed in parallel?

FSL (Norman)Whilst a lot of things are done in parallel, to set expectations its *not* just a few weeks away.  As you know however we don't give any other indications as they can set unnecessary pressure on releasing to a date. Once the P3D version has been released we can further look at where things are.

FSL (Norman): I'm tied into what I can say and what I can't however if you could imagine taking that really old comfy pair of shoes with you on holday.  The sun is shining and you and your shoes get to go do so many of the things you do at home; everything is so familiar and comfortable.
And then it rains and you know those old shoes leak all the time. Thankfully though your wife also packed a new pair of shoes, in a style just like your old faithful ones. You still get to walk around and when the rain has stopped you check out your reflection in the puddles on the ground, things just look the same, but newer and shinier. 
Luckily those old shoes toughened up your feet over the years. These new ones are causing you pain and strife as you walk, trying to break them in. You are thankful for the years and experiences gained with the old shoes.

I'm too tired to interpret what that shoe story means lol, but the tldr appears to be Norman's first statement above.

Once they release the P3D version, sell a few dozen copies, then they will think about MSFS, is what I think he is trying to say.  😉

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 hours ago, BMIBaby said:

Can't wait, I keep forgetting my Chrome passwords and need a backup. 

It took me a moment, but then gave me a good laugh. Thanks for that. 🙂

• Like 1

Im watching it being streamed on Twitch right now and to see how much work (a decade) they put in this thing I can see them charging 200$ U.S. for this easily in P3D. Don't worry MSFS fans you have years left to save up for it when it finally release for MSFS 2024.

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ilari Kousa said:

You could argue a study level Concorde for any platform is a questionable development investment, given its niche status these days...

I find a comment like this quite ironic when you have the MD11 as a your avatar. 😁

The main "question" many have tho is why P3D vs. MSFS. We know the obvious answer but FSL would've printed a Mint had they gone in the other direction.

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

10 hours ago, Ilari Kousa said:

You could argue a study level Concorde for any platform is a questionable development investment, given its niche status these days...

I would and do.

I was completely fascinated by the video. But, I found myself thinking: I'm too old and too short of free time to tackle this incredible peak of 70's technology. This isn't the Comanche where you can jump in and have a blast. This aircraft would require hours of study and practice to become even close to proficient. I'm not disparaging the aircraft or those who will fly and love it...just agreeing that it will see a very small niche of buyers. (lord knows how much this will cost, knowing FSL's pricing)

I wish FSL well and hope they someday bring it to MSFS, but I can't see it being much more than a white whale kind of project.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

3 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

It means they should have broken those new shoes in 2 years ago.  By now, they'd be perfect-fitting.

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

9 hours ago, GCBraun said:

FSLabs should offer a significant discount for the MSFS version for those purchasing Concorde for P3D. There is barely anyone left using that sim and this measure could surely help boost their cash flow a bit. 

It would be great if they offered the same deal PMDG did with the NGXu for P3D. I'd jump all over that in a heart beat.

• Like 1

Lefteris confirmed that a discount will be available for those that purchase Concorde for P3D. 

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32991-flight-sim-labs-concorde-now-released/

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

1 hour ago, GCBraun said:

Lefteris confirmed that a discount will be available for those that purchase Concorde for P3D. 

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/topic/32991-flight-sim-labs-concorde-now-released/

When he says "And lastly - we cannot wait to start showing more previews on what we've also been working on :)" the optimist in me wants to think it's not years into the future and maybe even in 2023 or 2024 lol, sounds like parallel development has been going on for MSFS. Also, I wonder if that last screenshot of the Concorde below this sentence in his post is the one in MSFS?

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

28 minutes ago, lwt1971 said:

When he says "And lastly - we cannot wait to start showing more previews on what we've also been working on :)" the optimist in me wants to think it's not years into the future and maybe even in 2023 or 2024 lol, sounds like parallel development has been going on for MSFS. Also, I wonder if that last screenshot of the Concorde below this sentence in his post is the one in MSFS?

If you're registered on the forums and click the picture, look at the runway lights, the blurred buildings in the background and the sky color. It definitely is MSFS. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to the MSFS version of this classic business jet with old style gauges (I guess like the Concorde?).

Welcome! | Xtreme Prototypes

I can't think of another GA plane more difficult to land than this one. The Learjet is generally acknowledged as the fighter plane for GA pilots (in fact, it was based on a Swiss fighter plane). How old?  It has a working 8-track tape player onboard.

-----

Announcing our GLJ Model 25/28 Addons for Microsoft® Flight Simulator 2020

Our classic Gates Learjet Model 25/28 business jet addons for Microsoft® Flight Simulator 2020 are currently in production and will be released later in the year. Please note that Xtreme Prototypes has ceased producing new addons for FSX. More details to come.

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/ms4k7hba0ftkmjr5uxuw7/XP-v4c-8-15-2023-12-39-25-PM.jpg?rlkey=o39uls8cwenmey9pa1kzjp4gz&dl=0spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

Wow FS Labs Concorde for P3D is only 80$ U.S. I did not expect that.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

3 hours ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

Wow FS Labs Concorde for P3D is only 80$ U.S. I did not expect that.

I think it will be a stretch for them to sell many copies if the price was any higher. How much are you going to invest into a platform that is in its sunset phase. I am sure they are hoping that at a reasonable price -- and that certainly is for the level of detail they have given this aircraft -- that people will be willing to buy and use it while they focus on MSFS. I would not at all be surprised if the price for MSFS is considerably higher.

Dan Scott