Sign in to follow this  
Accolade

The single-engine aircraft most faithful to real piloting

25 minutes ago, g-liner said:

What’s the reason A2A are going this way still with their aircraft, I think all other devs are on marketplace now.

Obviously except the ones with the independent developers working on a project and their separate agreements like Heavy decision etc have. 

Because many  think Market Place is a royal PIA and avoid it like the plague, myself included. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, g-liner said:

lHopefully a console release is on the way also then!

It's doubtful, I don't think consoles can run external software.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 minute ago, Ixoye said:

It's doubtful, I don't think consoles can run external software.

Right but A2A said they’re looking at a marketplace release. 

We wanted it out in our store first and to make sure no bad bugs made it through. Once we have that confirmed then we can concentrate on the MSFS store.” 

6 minutes ago, g-liner said:

Right but A2A said they’re looking at a marketplace release. 

We wanted it out in our store first and to make sure no bad bugs made it through. Once we have that confirmed then we can concentrate on the MSFS store.” 

Maybe it will be a dumbed down version, with missing features. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

10 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Maybe it will be a dumbed down version, with missing features. 

Are PMDG aircraft in the marketplace dumbed down with missing features? (Serious question as I have never owned PMDG aircraft)

Chris

4 minutes ago, snglecoil said:

Are PMDG aircraft in the marketplace dumbed down with missing features? (Serious question as I have never owned PMDG aircraft)

Only the livery complications.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

2 hours ago, kiwikat said:

Only the livery complications.

Complication only in Xbox. In PC there are none. I can use whatever livery I want.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), ID-Cooling SE-224-XTS air cooler, Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I would never ever by anything directly from marketplace.

why you believe this makes the product better is beyond my comprehension.

Ron

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ron

MSFS -Just flight Piper arrow 28-  A2A Comanche250 - COWS DA42 - Cessna 310 -Cessna 414
Black Square Baron - FSR500 - SimWorks PC12 - Black Square TBM 850
146Pro Plane - PMDG 737-600

13 hours ago, Accolade said:

Good morning,
What do you think is the most faithful single-engine aircraft to real piloting.
The one who reacts the same as in real life.
THANKS

I believe only real-world pilots opinions should matter here... At least that's who I'd like to hear from.  ps. I would think it's also going to depend on your controls. A veteran real world pilot using an Xbox controller can hardly form such an opinion 😛

Edited by Virtual-Chris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron Lefebvre said:

I would never ever by anything directly from marketplace.

why you believe this makes the product better is beyond my comprehension.

Ron

It doesn't make it better, it makes it much cheaper for many people.

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

8 hours ago, g-liner said:

Have you all flown the Comanche and these other aircraft irl? 

From aircraft I’ve flown IRL and in the sim the 152 and 172 are the most realistic. 

I have and there's no comparison; the A2A Commanche flies more like both its real-world counterpart, and an airplane in general, than just about anything else in the sim.

The PMDG 737s are very good and fly like a 737 in a lot of ways, but they have some quirks too.  I don't always love how they feel in the landing.

Another of my favorites is the Blackbird Porter, though I've never flown a real Porter (and the PT-6 simulation is highly simplified).  It is a great stick and rudder plane in the sim though.

But for a GA recip nosedragger, there's nothing out there that challenges the Commanche in flight model.

• Like 2

Andrew Crowley

3 hours ago, Alvega said:

It doesn't make it better, it makes it much cheaper for many people.

Who are you thinking of as that doesn't seem the case in the UK or US.

There any price difference is small and definitely not worth the unpleasantness of being at the mercy of marketplace release policies

14 hours ago, g-liner said:

What’s the reason A2A are going this way still with their aircraft, I think all other devs are on marketplace now.

Obviously except the ones with the independent developers working on a project and their separate agreements like Heavy decision etc have. 

Because the marketplace is pretty awful and MS interferes in both what you sell (no ordinance or guns etc etc)  and how you sell it (no discounts for existing customers or bundle deals allowed) does not issue itemised receipts so a customer can prove they own your product if there are issues,  and takes forever to approve and upload the original product and the same again for every update (which the dev invariably gets the blame for) .

The  Comanche may also need other stuff installed that the marketplace downloader cannot handle.

In terms of customer experience, there is no shopping trolley, so if you are buying half a dozen cheap items on special you need to buy each separately and pay separately and again there is no itemised receipt to prove to the dev you actually own a legitimate copy of their product. There is no customer loyalty bonus and no discounts for owning previous versions of the product (for example with the JF PA28's owning a different MSFS variant or P3D or XPlane product can attract a discount but NOT on the marketplace, MS do not allow it)

The ONLY bonus of the marketplace (albeit a huge bonus) is people on XBOX get access to your product.

Regardless a dev is free to sell anywhere they like and customers are equally free to not buy the product if they do not like the storefront.  It is not as if in the real world you can complain if certain fashion lines refuse to sell through Walmart or your local car dealer does not stock Teslas.

20 hours ago, Accolade said:

Good morning,
What do you think is the most faithful single-engine aircraft to real piloting.
The one who reacts the same as in real life.
THANKS

In terms of the OP question, what is the most realistic GA?  Almost certainly the A2A Comanche followed by the WB-SIM  steam gauge 172 mod and the JP Logistics 152 Mod.  Runners up would include the Got Friend Wilga, Ant's Tiger Moth, the Black Square steam gauge Bonanza and Just Flights Warrior II .

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, petejohno1 said:

The WBSim C172 with the Boris soundpack is very realistic to the real aircraft.

+1

I have no doubt the A2A Comanche is by far the most realistic GA aircraft available for MSFS.

It is not the aircraft for me though. I've had it in P3D and it ended up in my hangar quickly because of the peculiar autopilot and the restricted visibility out of the cockpit.

When I fly a GA aircraft in the sim I mostly do it to enjoy the scenery. The Comanche wasn't really the perfect aircraft for that. In P3D I was almost exclusively flying the A2A C182. Hopefully A2A will bring that to MSFS as well.

Until then the WBSim C172 with the addon soundpack is a good alternative which - as a high wing aircraft and with less cockpit struts - offers better visibility and is a lot less complex than the Comanche.

If I want something more complex I fly the Fenix A320.