Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Sim Update 13 Beta Release [1.34.11.0] - August 22, 20

Still a mess on my end with with a hard macro stutter every 15-20 seconds. I really hope this gets sorted out as the update in its current beta state is unusable.

Edited by AviationEnthusiast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Maxis said:

I'm very interested to see if stutter free performance is back on par to the current non beta version. ? I would like to rejoin the beta to test and give feedback to the devs on the 787 but the perf on the initial release of the beta was too much of a hit to take.

Taking one for the team is kinda the point of a beta. 

15 hours ago, Bdub22 said:

I've seen people comment on a loss of performance for this beta, but that's not something I have experienced, at the very least...noticed. What way has your performance suffered? FPS downgrade? Stutters? I'm just curious so that I can maybe look and see the same degradation on my end. Thanks.

I had the first stutters in a year on the first beta (12700K/3080ti/32GB) but didn’t notice them in my first flight yesterday after the update.  

13 hours ago, turbomax said:

80 - 85 fps @ 4K, business as usual for me, (HIGH settings, but admittedly not very demanding current  conditions), TBM landing at KORS at night 60 fps:

beta1.34.11.0-83fpsrtdek.jpg

beta1.34.11.0-85fpsuwfpp.jpg

Why would you up your settings in that case? I’m running 2K full ultra, 30-35 on the ground and 50+ in the air, smooth as silk. 

Does any body know why do I need to switch on (re-enable) real time/real weather every time I start the sim?

real weather data is turned on in settings.

problem started with me since SU 13 beta testing started .

Ali A.

MSFS on PC: I9-13900KS | ASUS ROG STRIX Z790 MB | 32GB DDR5/7200MHz RAM | ASUS TUF RTX4090 OCE | 1TB M.2 Samsung 990 Pro (Windows) +2TB Samsung 990 Pro for MSFS + 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD for DATA | EK-Nucleus AIO CR360 Lux D-RGB CPU cooler.

HP Reverb G2 VR (occasional use) | ASUS ROG Strix XG43UQ 4K monitor | Tobii Eye tracker 5 | Logitech sound system 7.1 | VIRPIL Controls (Joystick + thrust levers + rudder pedals) | Windows 11 Pro.

14 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Why would you up your settings in that case? I’m running 2K full ultra, 30-35 on the ground and 50+ in the air, smooth as silk. 

Hi Ryan

not sure I understand your question.

I normally fly VR only, that's where I get "only" around 45-60 fps, 4K 2D is mostly for maintenance work.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

44 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Taking one for the team is kinda the point of a beta. 

I already took MANY for the team thank you .. If the initial beta release does not meet my minimums AFTER trying to deal with it and apply workarounds then other teammates can and will pick up the slack.....

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

1 hour ago, AviationEnthusiast said:

Still a mess on my end with with a hard macro stutter every 15-20 seconds. I really hope this gets sorted out as the update in its current beta state is unusable.

Thanks you for the feedback. Ill sit this one out and wait for the final.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

No stutters here, same performance as out of the beta.

11 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I already took MANY for the team thank you .. If the initial beta release does not meet my minimums AFTER trying to deal with it and apply workarounds then other teammates can and will pick up the slack.....

The whole point of the beta is to find and report these issues.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

No stutters here, same performance as out of the beta.

The whole point of the beta is to find and report these issues.

Sigh ....

Thank you very much for assuming that i sat on my word not allowed and did not report it ...

Is it something in the water today or just general levels of Avsim toxicity high or what ? I've been a part of three previous betas; i have a somewhat unique system so i know my input is valued. However, EVERYONE has their red lines. In this case It was crossed .. I reported my findings in more than one post and in the feedback section of the relevant MSFS forums and left this beta and you want to chide me for doing that ? Are you for real ?

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 3

There look to be issues related to Marketplace content (NOT third party add-ons in the Community folder) - with the sim being incredibly slow to open and frequent CTDs esp.when starting flights - so I'm, wondering if the stuttering might also be a symptom of problems with Marketplace add-ons ?

Edited by Matchstick

34 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Sigh ....

Thank you very much for assuming that i sat on my word not allowed and did not report it ...

Is it something in the water today or just general levels of Avsim toxicity high or what ? I've been a part of three previous betas; i have a somewhat unique system so i know my input is valued. However, EVERYONE has their red lines. In this case It was crossed .. I reported my findings in more than one post and in the feedback section of the relevant MSFS forums and left this beta and you want to chide me for doing that ? Are you for real ?

It's always the same mate.  They think we don't know what a beta is, and simply discussing what we see is taken as either whinging, or "it is only a beta, what do you expect?".
They think we don't know what a beta is and we need telling.  :laugh:

It's tedious and I wish the smart arses would butt out of the beta discussion, yes discussion threads if they are going to be like this.  They add nothing. 
Why are they even in this thread?  Just to jump on people because they don't have a cat to kick maybe?   Sad.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

I can confirm, even limiting the framerate to values well lower than achievable, the frametime line is more jagged.

Did you notice increased pop in too?

nope, no stutters, rather irregular pauses when the sim is for few seconds iresponsive, only happens once per hour if at all and only if I switch views inside/out or access the menu, both I do not to often and thus the pauses happen not too often

I realize that the latest beta update did not mention anything addressing the loading times or decreased fps. but on the other hand I would have not expected but hoped that they found the reason and fixed it within few days. and now we are well 2 weeks into the beta and still performance is really bad. even tried to revert back to DX11, no help. deleted shader cache, no help. will probably roll back to nvidia driver 531.29 again and see whether that helps

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

2 hours ago, turbomax said:

Hi Ryan

not sure I understand your question.

I normally fly VR only, that's where I get "only" around 45-60 fps, 4K 2D is mostly for maintenance work.

What I’m saying is that your performance is pretty exceptional on High settings. You aren’t interested in trading some of that performance for better graphics? Of you’re putting up those FPS numbers in 4K on High settings I would venture to guess you could do max Ultra settings pretty easily. All personal preference of course. 

31 minutes ago, DAD said:

I realize that the latest beta update did not mention anything addressing the loading times or decreased fps.

There is no feedback on these issues on the official forum either.

Loading times are badly affected only for certain marketplace addons, it seems... with my limited number of addons I did not experience increased loading times.

As for the stutters, I really hope they are due to beta telemetry... the increased popping in I saw today in a couple of test flight around Florence worries me though.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png