Sign in to follow this  
penta_a

Sim Update 13 Beta Release [1.34.11.0] - August 22, 20

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

Is it something in the water today or just general levels of Avsim toxicity high or what ? I

Yes, you’re definitely working hard to bring the temperature down. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

They add nothing. 
Why are they even in this thread?

What did this post add? 

The bottom line is that there are a lot of people in the beta simply to get a preview of what’s to come, and when it doesn’t perform flawlessly they bail and then have to make it a point of telling us all that they’ve bailed. You’ve reported what you experienced and it wasn’t fixed immediately? That should not come as a surprise. There may be more things that you could find and report, but that doesnt seem to be your goal. 

I’ve been in every beta out of maybe the first 3 or 4. Some have been superb, some not so. But it takes committed beta participants to improve the sim. 

• Like 5

what is this? MSFS is running and this pops up?

Screenshot-2122.png

edit and then this:

Screenshot-2125.png

Edit 2: is this this : https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/637228-city-update-4/ 

Edited by DAD
  • Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

14 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Yes, you’re definitely working hard to bring the temperature down. 

I suggest you re read my participation in this thread,, take a hard look at what i posted .. the information i asked for .. your response  and then assess who is actually inciting anything in here or bringing the temperature up. 

I simply asked about performance information .. Not to be lectured to about what a beta is about and whether i should take one for the team. You don't know me or my background or what i have been doing regarding beta participation.. It is YOU who made a wholly incorrect assumption and decided that it was the opportune time to act on it. So if you did not have a direct answer to my very specific question you could have ignored it and moved along.

But you didn't use your better judgement ... and posted without the background facts..

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

14 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I suggest you re read my participation in this thread,, take a hard look at what i posted .. the information i asked for .. your response  and then assess who is actually inciting anything in here or bringing the temperature up. 

I simply asked about performance information .. Not to be lectured to about what a beta is about and whether i should take one for the team. You don't know me or my background or what i have been doing regarding beta participation.. It is YOU who made a wholly incorrect assumption and decided that it was the opportune time to act on it. So if you did not have a direct answer to my very specific question you could have ignored it and moved along.

But you didn't use your better judgement ... and posted without the background facts..

Crazy isn't it?  And I've just had another lecture!   :laugh:  Unreal.

• Like 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

This latest beta is the smoothest so far for me. I also regained the VFR map which got lost between me initially joining then leaving and then rejoining the avionics beta.

Edited by mobeans10

1 hour ago, mobeans10 said:

This latest beta is the smoothest so far for me. I also regained the VFR map which got lost between me initially joining then leaving and then rejoining the avionics beta.

Must be some karma thing. This is my worst ever. Enjoy. You truly deserved it

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

there is some grouchiness on here today ! i say it often and i will say it again these are very much first world problems , problems yes but not real  problems 😉  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer iii 360 AIO  . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

1 hour ago, Maxis said:

suggest you re read my participation in this thread,, take a hard look at what i posted .. the information i asked for .. your response  and then assess who is actually inciting anything in here or bringing the temperature up. 

Once again, working hard to keep the peace.

Anyone else notice that every time you get an update they kick you into DX12? I've noticed that with each successive SU13 beta release. They're clearly trying to test something.

25 minutes ago, sonny147 said:

there is some grouchiness on here today ! i say it often and i will say it again these are very much first world problems , problems yes but not real  problems 😉  

Yep. "Ignore User, Ignore User..." It's not worth the time for posters whose every response is an argument.

2 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

Just loaded up for the second flight of the day and got the same thing. No indication of what it is in the "official" forums.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

So the update is to WU4 and WU6... downloads are in the content manager once loaded.

2 minutes ago, turbomax said:

Wow! That's fantastic. Cologne is a gorgeous city.