Sign in to follow this  
Biology

Potential improvements for sky colors

5 hours ago, martinboehme said:

The fork is real:

https://github.com/tcantenot/Atmosphere-Rendering-Parameter-Calculator

And the person who forked the repo is apparently a Senior Engine Programmer at Asobo:

https://theorg.com/org/asobo-studio/org-chart/thierry-cantenot

Of course, this doesn't mean that the modified coefficients will in fact end up in MSFS. But at least we now know that this has come to the attention of a developer at Asobo, and they're interested enough to be looking at @Biology's code.

Forkin' great news, that is!
(And some good sleuthing).

Perhaps we will see better sky colours after all.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

If they know what's good for them, they better acknowledge it in today's development update.

On a side note, I have a sinking feeling Asobo/MS will want to reach out to Bio and offer him some compensation even though he did it for free lol. It's one thing to point out a bug but another to find the fix yourself. 

Not saying that they should do it of course. It's just a hunch based on how they've operated in the past.

Edited by Krakin
  • Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

3 hours ago, roland_lfor said:

Do you have a preceding case in mind?

The way they interfaced with Working Title is the biggest reason but also the fact that they brought FBW on one of their streams to acknowledge the work they did and so on.

• Like 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

On 9/3/2023 at 4:37 AM, Rune-ENHD said:

Yup that is it I guess, too low trustlevel (1) 😒

I think it would have been better to link it to *a verified purchase*(especially for day-1 preorder/purchases), then *atleast* have "dobble the votes" 😲

also a pity that they do not have a counter telling you(in your profile) how far away from trustlevel-2) you are and what needs to be done to advance there right now! 🙄

EDIT:

Sorry OT...

Yup *that* was it, I advanced a bit as a user on MSFS forums, this weekend and can VOTE/Like again! ☺️☺️👍problem was too low "Trust"-level! Trust level 1 is ONLY 10 Votes... until you advance to next level..

(Anyway , cary on the discussion, and don't mind me! 😂)

Edited by Rune-ENHD
  • Like 1

Looks like @Biology has cracked it!

spacer.png

N.B. It's a somewhat fiddy process involving Hex editing of the main MSFS.exe file, taking ownership rights of said file and moving it out of the installed folder to edit, before returning it to its original location.

If you're not 100% comfortable, I'd suggest waiting for a proper MS/Asobo update rather than a hack.

Read from here onwards: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/replace-the-atmosphere-parameters-with-more-accurate-ones-from-arpc/607603/235

Edited by F737MAX
autokorrekt speeling
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

2 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Looks like @Biology has cracked it!

spacer.png

N.B. It's a somewhat fiddy process involving Hex editing of the main MSFS.exe file, taking ownership rights of said file and moving it out of the installed folder to edit, before returning it to its original location.

If you're not 100% comfortable, I'd suggest waiting for a proper MS/Asobo update rather than a hack.

Read from here onwards: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/replace-the-atmosphere-parameters-with-more-accurate-ones-from-arpc/607603/235

Yes I also "just" posted the news! 😄👍 The amazingly powerful "Hex-editor" to The Resque 😂 hehe.. 

27 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

It looks great but I refuse to go back to the FSX days and start hacking at files. 

Hehe Yess I will stay away from that kind method "for now" atleast, but I doo share the enthusiasm for The MOD.

BTW Ian, I did Purchase a LG Oled C1(with updated C2 software) 55inch based on your recommendation 😃👍coming from a Reverb G2. It's a Fantastic Monitor for MSFS2020..

🤩🤩

I also did the service-meny trickery "using a software remote-control" THAT helped a lot with getting control of autodimming

Edited by Rune-ENHD
  • Upvote 1

I'm still thinking if I should mess with the exe file. I think it can get us in trouble when a sim update comes, probably having to redownload all the sim again.

• Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

31 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I'm still thinking if I should mess with the exe file. I think it can get us in trouble when a sim update comes, probably having to redownload all the sim again.

As I mentioned in the other thread I really don't recommend it as it indeed might cause issues with updates and even if it doesn't, any update will revert the mod and the offsets will be no longer valid. It is only intended to be a proof-of-concept to show how it would look in MSFS.

Edited by Biology
  • Like 6

PC specs: i5-12400F, RTX 3070 Ti and 32 GB of RAM.

Simulators I'm using: X-Plane 12, Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) and FlightGear.

I decided to give it a try, here are some comparison shots:

Sunrise (before)

screenshot-2023-09-12-11.jpg

Sunrise (after)

screenshot-2023-09-12-5.jpg

Sunrise (before)

screenshot-2023-09-12-12.jpg

Sunrise (after)

screenshot-2023-09-12-7.jpg

Sunrise (before)

screenshot-2023-09-12-13.jpg

Sunrise (after)

screenshot-2023-09-12-6.jpg

Sunset (before)

screenshot-2023-09-12-8.jpg

Sunset (after)

screenshot-2023-09-12-2.jpg

• Like 10

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

The difference is staggering and in a very good way, I hope Asobo integrate this into the current Sim let alone the next one. I'll steer clear of the exe hack but thank you, great to see it works 🙂

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, Alvega said:

Why? Just backup the original executable file and in case the update checker says it has to reinstall the game at some point, just kill it with ALT+F4 and overwrite the modified file with the original one.

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png