Sign in to follow this  
jkeye

Patch 4 is available-go get her!

6 minutes ago, SteveW said:

The older way to patch P3D versions would be just as big, if for example all the scenery changed in the update.

But I do not believe that ALL the scenery HAS changed in the the last two 'patches' and they were full D/Ls.

Edited to add:- Looks like that horrible brown horizon haze has been fixed, at last.

Edited by Sparkrite

47 minutes ago, Sparkrite said:

But I do not believe that ALL the scenery HAS changed in the the last two 'patches' and they were full D/Ls.

They have all been updated and reconfigured to improve performance and include various changes:

6.0.26 = 23 .cab files: P3D1.cab = 1,560,561Kb, P3D2.cab = 1,507,020Kb, P3D3.cab = 1,613,101Kb, etc.
6.0.30 = 42 .cab files: P3D1.cab = 817,292Kb, P3D2.cab = 791,047Kb, P3D3.cab = 746,175Kb, etc.
6.0.34 = 42 .cab files: P3D1.cab = 818,493Kb, P3D2.cab = 791,023Kb, P3D3.cab = 746,195Kb, etc.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

7 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

Certainly not that I've noticed, unfortunately.

Me either.  The instrument lighting has definitely improved though.  And when you look down to the floor of the cabin you are looking at a dark abyss.

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW

1 hour ago, btacon said:

Agreed. After downloading four patch sets I am completely unimpressed by this new innovative feature from LM. Yet another reason why it’s clear to me the current product direction is to drive LM OUT of the personal market, NOT to increase their marketshare.

You don't need to sit in front of the PC while the update is running.

• Like 1

At 50mbps, I never sit in front of my PC while it downloads anything.

🤣

10 hours ago, gaab said:

No, I just copied the files from my v5 installation (several folders).

Gérard

Off topic so forgiveness please but did you copy any other file then the simobjects>airplane folders? I did that for the Beaver, and she flies but some gauges don't work, like the oil pressure, fuel and manifold pressure gauge. Thanks.

Vic green

4 hours ago, Ebertr said:

"Well I Never ! "......everyday's a schoolday, thanks for letting me know.🙄

Edited by Sparkrite

It was downloading when I left the house. Can’t wait to test once I return home from taking my gf to doctor’s appt. Gonna be a P3D night as opposed to MSFS, I feel. It’s always a treat when there is a new version out! 

Edited by BostonJeremy77

14 hours ago, Sparkrite said:

To tell you the the truth, I'm getting a little sick of how we have to 'patch' P3DV6 now.

I think having to download approx. 36Gb and then wait while it uninstalls/re-installs itself totalling approx. 1 hour,assuming all goes well, is a bit much.

Give me back the day when we just downloaded client or scenery etc. and installed that, an awful lot quicker and kinder on bandwidth.

I thought that the way LM sold V6 with it's 'auto update/patch' option, would just download the affected files and install them, but no, download the entire program ( bar the first patch, which took an age to complete) and re-install the entire program.

Surely there must be a better way???

BTW., the other sims do not neccesitate a full D/L when updating/patching.

I, too, am a little MORE than sick about P3dv6.  You may have read my few posts on this new version. Although I downloaded it, it went into storage on my X drive in suspended animation on the first day and will remain there UNTIL it becomes a viable sim.  I am using P3d V5.4 every day and it is a beautiful sim that I enjoy very much.  LM came out with a sim that they should NOT have given (sold) us.  Unless there is a completely new sim (Unreal Engine or something else), I will not re-animate V6.  A lesson learned!  How dare they call this a NEW version of P3d?  It is not, and it requires so very much to make it acceptable according to the posts I read here on Avsim. I thoroughly enjoy all the planes and scenery and ORBX and my Microsoft Force Feedback joystick that I cannot foresee the day that V6 becomes part of my daily flying.  Again...this is only my PERSONAL OPINION.

Stan

Edited by spilok
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

OK.. It's better now. I can see all the instruments illuminated at dawn and dusk... However, there is more work to do as the cockpit is pitch black otherwise. Can't see the mixture and propeller levers unless I shine a flashlight in there. There is still LIGHT outside, but somehow none of it makes it inside the cockpit... Also, the floodlights on top of the ceiling in the Commander don't really do anything in terms of actually providing light. You can see they are lit up, but the actual lighting level in the cockpit doesn't change. It's better now, but still wonky in terms of the new lighting engine. Outside is pretty, though. 

Honestly speaking it´s a little bit weird that now, when LM provides updates and patches in a very short time, the people are upset about that. Before the people where upset about the longer time it took before and frequently asked LM, when to get the next Patch. 

But the major point is missed in this thread. The light issue of black or too dark scenery is solved at dusk and dawn. Now the overall brigtness is way better, not perfect, but much much better. Very good job LM and within a short time aswell. I´am really happy that i´ve switched to V6.👍

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

4 hours ago, BerndB said:

Honestly speaking it´s a little bit weird that now, when LM provides updates and patches in a very short time, the people are upset about that.

Honestly speaking, I don't think anyone's upset about the frequency of the updates, but rather the method of implementation.

I think your "spin" (above quote) on what some posters wrote, could be, if viewed in a somewhat less than favourable light, seen as being somewhat disingenuous.

Edited by Sparkrite
  • Like 1

I arrived from holidays last night and was eager to push my first update after the original install of P3D v6 Personal Edition.

I was prompted for download, and surprised when I realized the full (35+ GB) were going to get fetched. It didn't take long to download, but the install itself took quite a while.

In the middle of the installation process I was prompted for "deactivating P3D" ??? I asked myself "what is this? I just want to update???", so I clicked "NO" and the installation proceeded. I believe it happened when the installer script probably started uninstalling parts of the previous install ?

Didn't find the time to test it yet 🙂

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Preferred Simulator: X-Plane (and seriously considering AEROFLY FS 4 too)

Preferred Airbus simulation platform: P3dv5 + FSLabs Airbus family

I also use MSFS 2020...

6 hours ago, jcomm said:

I arrived from holidays last night and was eager to push my first update after the original install of P3D v6 Personal Edition.

I was prompted for download, and surprised when I realized the full (35+ GB) were going to get fetched. It didn't take long to download, but the install itself took quite a while.

In the middle of the installation process I was prompted for "deactivating P3D" ??? I asked myself "what is this? I just want to update???", so I clicked "NO" and the installation proceeded. I believe it happened when the installer script probably started uninstalling parts of the previous install ?

Didn't find the time to test it yet 🙂

Yeah, it's a thing that pops up shortly before the installer finishes. You did the right thing - it thinks you may be uninstalling permanently. Let me know what you think! Please hop into a Commander or Electra at dawn and dusk. 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2023 at 7:44 AM, Ebertr said:

You know, I never said anything like that. How disingenuous of you to make that supposition completely out of whole cloth. 

These forums are no longer for discussion or education. They have become obsessed with one-upmanship and cancel culture. Truly a sad reflection of humanity today.

My opinion,

-B

• Upvote 2