Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

SamScene: USA Modern Cities Vol.1

I tend to like these 3D cities in general over the melted PG cities.  I bought it and have only checked out Boston but I think it looks really nice, especially the night lighting.  I need to see how it works with my LVFR KMIA, not real clear which will have priority there...

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

20 hours ago, pmb said:

According to their Discord, it's already out on the Marketplace. Which I feel is a bad decision. I bought all (yes) SamScene3d Sceneries for MSFS (and even legacy sims) directly via their storefront to support them (even though distribution of upgrades was a bit awkward).

I would be prepared to buy via ORBX Central in the future, but I will drop out as a customer if future releases will be Marketplace exclusively.

Kind regards, Michael

If I had to guess, I would say Samscene might release in the marketplace exclusively at least for a while simply due to MS encryption/copy-protection which might give them some time for some actual purchases to be made, before the one-eyed sailors attack.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Honolulu please!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

6 hours ago, Flic1 said:

I need to see how it works with my LVFR KMIA, not real clear which will have priority there...

The may depend on the naming... Samscene comes after LVFR in the alphabet which gives it higher priority..

• Like 1

Bert

I bought this last week. I've not checked out LA or Miami yet, but Philadelphia and Boston looked great. My system tends to struggle a bit with Fly Tampa's KBOS, and with this city scenery added, I didn't notice any difference (i.e. it didn't make it any worse), but the buildings look great, and blend in well with the surrounding photogrammetry buildings (and I'm a stickler for that, because I hate it when you see obviously 3D rendered buildings next to otherwise photorealistic scenery, like the whole of Hudson Yards in the sim in NYC).

Also, the night lighting is far superior to that of default photogrammetry.

I'm a happy customer.

• Like 1

How does the install folder structure look?  Easy to just delete what we don’t want?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I bought it through the marketplace, so I'm afraid I can't see how the files are stored, but presumably it's as easy as uninstalling in the Content Manager? (he said, hopefully 😉)

Sorry Just saw this is marketplace only.  I tend to avoid marketplace purchases.  But will look forward to release on other payware channels where we can have the ability to turn on/off certain cities as we need. 

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

On 9/21/2023 at 7:02 AM, Dillon said:

With so many options in cities to do I hate when developers do the same areas.  Leave places like Seattle, Chicago, Miami alone and do areas no other developer has touched with any level of high detail. Cities like Atlanta (they could do a better job than ATDSIM), Orlando, Tampa, Dallas, Minneapolis, and San Diego to name a few would be far better options to do with no conflicts with other scenery.

I shouldn't have included San Diego in this list as LTVR has taken care of downtown with their KSAN scenery.  We can replace San Diego's downtown area on my list above with Houston.  That city could use the SamScene treatment.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Remember: This is only one users opinion!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It's a shame he didn't show the night lighting, but I have to say I'd agree with his opinion on it. Like I said before, I'm really happy with it, and while I can't speak so much for the other cities, Boston is really spot on. And the PBR/reflective materials on buildings like the Hancock Tower look really good.

Also, while not on-topic, I'd have to agree with him regarding the latest update that I got yesterday — my performance has tanked since then across the whole sim (also out in the sticks over Kentucky, Indiana). Really not sure what happened, but it was clearly more than just a navdata update.

Purchased!

• Like 1

Devons rig

On 9/21/2023 at 8:42 AM, blueshark747 said:

I honestly prefer Asobo's default photogrammetry coverage of these major cities.

Not feeling Samscene's colors/tones....

Based on their YouTube video, I would agree. The color and tone just don't look as nature as photogrammerty, although PG is far from perfect either. 

Pity, I would imagine MSFS could easily train some AI tools to automatically extract good 3D models and textures from PG, so they won't look melt down from afar? 

• Like 1

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

the night lights are terrible  but that the case in all  Samscene3d sceneries except their Hong Kong city scenery, they are too much dark and the distance of the LOD is so low that can only be visible with helicopters or low fly GA, if you land in KLAX you should be able to see some of the lights of the downtown skyscraper in the lading path. 

Will this be an exclusive project for marketplace only or is it planned to release it in other stores too in the future? Does anybody know?

Edited by petz_e