Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

I noticed that about 90% of FSElite articles are about MSFS

So I have been reading FSElite.net for the last few years, checking to see what new products are out, what is new in the flight simulation industry, etc.  Back in 2020 after MSFS's release, I would say maybe 40% to 50% of the articles were about MSFS or MSFS add-ons. Fast forward to spring of 2022 when the first study level airliners were released for MSFS, I noticed maybe about 70% of the articles were about MSFS or MSFS add-ons.  When I read FSElite these days, about 90% of the articles are about MSFS or MSFS add-ons.  This also means the latest projects and scenery coming to flight simulation are also focused for MSFS.

If FSElite is an indication of the direction of the home flight simulation market is headed, this more or less means, almost all the new toys are coming to MSFS.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 2

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

16 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

So I have been reading FSElite.net for the last few years, checking to see what new products are out, what is new in the flight simulation industry, etc.  Back in 2020 after MSFS's release, I would say maybe 40% to 50% of the articles were about MSFS or MSFS add-ons. Fast forward to spring of 2022 when the first study level airliners were released for MSFS, I noticed maybe about 70% of the articles were about MSFS or MSFS add-ons.  When I read FSElite these days, about 90% of the articles are about MSFS or MSFS add-ons.  This also means the latest projects and scenery coming to flight simulation are also focused for MSFS.

If FSElite is an indication of the direction of the home flight simulation market is headed, this more or less means, almost all the new toys are coming to MSFS.

Yeah, people stopped writing about VHS tapes too...😉

• Like 22
  • Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Because everyone knew that Betamax was a superior format, hehe...then laser discs came out. LOL looking back they were so ridiculous. 

Today, just about any physical format is bordering on useless with the access we have to high speed internet.  I have stacks of CDs, DVDs etc that I look at every so often....try to get motivated play one...then remember I disconnect the DVD player years ago and would have to go behind the TV/entertainment center and reconnect it.
I remember the old days when I'd pay $200 more for a receiver that had a signal to noise ratio that was a few points better than another, like I'd ever hear the difference. And Blaupunkt was both considered audiophile quality, and fun to say.🤣 

Currently listening to my Spotify playlist on an Alexa puck placed in the corner, with the walls pushing out some nice bass tones.  Less than $100 worth of equipment sounding just as good as equipment costing thousands back in the day.

Love this scene in "Catch me if you can" (at 24 secs), where he tells the guy to stay away from the Hi Fi...."Its reel to reel". 😄

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 hour ago, abrams_tank said:

I think the Navigraph surveys speak volumes about where everything is heading. I'd say Navigraph confirmed to the community the direction of everything way before FSELITE.

• Like 2

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

FSE has always been pretty biased towards ESP sims.  

I'd go here also if you want more news about flightsims.  Still from what I can see there is more MSFS news than other sims.  It's just not so one sided.

https://www.thresholdx.net/

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I guess they are biased towards the most popular and used sim - what's wrong with that ?

• Like 3

System: i7-10700K, 32GB RAM, RTX2070S 8GB, 1TB SSD, 2 TB HDD, Win10 64bit Home

There are also a lot of very good PW addons (Aircraft) and some Airports not yet released for MSFS that are available in the Legacy sims.

Edited by JBDB-MD80

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

Well. for me that's kind of the point.

(I was just thinking about this)

Occasionally I stop playing for a week or so, but it seems I'm always pulled right back by some new toy or new update, and most of those are pouring in an (apparently) endless cornucopia from the MSFS direction, nowadays.

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Currently listening to my Spotify playlist on an Alexa puck placed in the corner, with the walls pushing out some nice bass tones.  Less than $100 worth of equipment sounding just as good as equipment costing thousands back in the day.

Maybe your ears are not as good as before, as so many problems can arise getting older, concerning sound.
Some of us can really feel a huge difference between a $100 equipment and a $1000 equipment. + some good loudspeakers.
Using a $100 equipment ? a smartphone ? Do not forget, there is also a difference between Wi-Fi and wired connection (sound quality, of course)

Who is really listening music today as we did before (in French : sans zapper? peu d'entre nous) few of us.
If you stop listening good music quality, your ears will become lazy and unable to make the difference anymore. You will never be able to recover.

Of course, Spotify,  Qobuz, ... are so easy, so fast to use.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Haha cold blooded 🤣

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

This is so because MSFS 2020 is the ruling sim. No competition. 

And it's always more lucrative to write about the winners. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Wothan said:

I guess they are biased towards the most popular and used sim - what's wrong with that ?

By the same measure, AVSIM is very very biased. Just check out and compare the number of posts or message threads between forums eg. MSFS vs P3D vs X-plane.

• Like 1

Hardware: i7-8700k, GTX 1070-ti, 32GB ram, NVMe/SSD drives with lots of free space.
Software: latest Windows 10 Pro, P3Dv4.5+, FSX Steam, and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

Pilotfly.gif?raw=1

And yet the boards are full of messages saying that Asobo and MS should be doing this instead of doing that.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.