Sign in to follow this  
Langeveldt

FSLTL 1.6 released with separation

49 minutes ago, MarcG said:

I've said it before many times now, people round here can fly complex aircraft with multiple systems, give them a simple chat platform and they're totally lost 🤷‍♂️

I don't mind spending hours and hours learning to fly a complex aircraft. That's called fun. Spending the same time to learn a messaging program.....🤔

I'll stick with avsim.

• Like 7

I use AI Ground anyway with plenty of timing tweaks that work brilliantly (ie: longer take off rolls, perfect taxi separation and spacing, no unecessary go-arounds etc)

B450 Tomahawk Max / Ryzen 7 5800x3D / RTX 3060ti 8G / Noctua NH-UI21S Max Cooling / 32G Patriot RAM / 1TB NVME / 450G SSD / Thrustmaster TCA & Throttle Quadrant / Xiaomi 32" Wide Curved Monitor 1440p 144hz

55 minutes ago, ThomseN_inc said:

What's actually the problem so many people seem to have with Discord? Or is it just that "new, colorful thing that all the youong people are using" issue?

While Im not "allergic" to Discord, what I dont like is the lack of organisation when compared to a forum like this.

Take the FSLTL Discord. There is one single "support-forum" channel. Within that, it is a wall of text. No sub division by topic, just a wall of posts going back ad-infinitum. Yes, you can search but casual browsing for items of interest is far more difficult.

• Like 9
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, rusty61 said:

I don't mind spending hours and hours learning to fly a complex aircraft. That's called fun. Spending the same time to learn a messaging program.....🤔

I'll stick with avsim.

That's the thing, there's nothing to "learn", it's just like any other software program you give it a few minutes and you're away, I really can't understand the hatred it gets 😄

Anyway sorry for offtopic, carry on

• Like 1

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 minutes ago, MarcG said:

That's the thing, there's nothing to "learn", it's just like any other software program you give it a few minutes and you're away, I really can't understand the hatred it gets 😄

Anyway sorry for offtopic, carry on

I had a coworker that was using a flipphone, and it took me over a year to talk him into getting a smart phone. Change just frightens some folks, I guess. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, El Diablito said:

I use AI Ground anyway with plenty of timing tweaks that work brilliantly (ie: longer take off rolls, perfect taxi separation and spacing, no unecessary go-arounds etc)

Can you share your config?

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

You mean like everyone does every week with the msfs update?

You mean like somebody does each time there is a minor update? 

You mean like somebody does each time there is a new product release? 

Hence one of the reasons of these forums.  I don’t use discord and I’ve had zero problems. Avsim normally has the latest info, and if it doesn’t the msfs forum does. 

So to answer your question, yes, somebody else will ‘do the work’ although I’d hardly call it work… 

I'm not talking about new version announcements, I'm talking about solving problems. If you have a problem with FSLTL (or any other addon with support only on Discord) and you want to solve it  you need to go there, unless you expect others to go there and make the searches to try and help you, which is what I and others do many times to help people here that don't want to use Discord.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

11 minutes ago, Alvega said:

which is what I and others do many times to help people here that don't want to use Discord.

Ermmm so you’re contradicting yourself now hahaha. That’s exactly what I said! 👀🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Ermmm so you’re contradicting yourself now hahaha. That’s exactly what I said! 👀🤷🏻‍♂️

No, I'm not. I never said I don't do it. Read again what I said: 

If you are waiting for other people to do your work for you and copy and paste here everything that is posted there, you are in for a big disappointment.

We post some essential stuff, like the "important" warning I posted in this thread, but it's impossible to post everything. As Bob said, if you want to "stay on the loop" you need to be there regularly, or you are going to miss important stuff.

Anyway, this is my last word on this subject, as they say "you do you".

• Like 1

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

4 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Anyway, this is my last word on this subject, as they say "you do you".

Likewise. The feeling is mutual. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I don't discord myself either. I don't fit in with the critters and talking vegetables cartoon interface and the very disorganized presentations of the actual information.

• Like 4

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

So, I updated to the last FLTL yesterday, and it seems that no one is understanding what the "separation" is. For this reason I decided to disabling it, I like to have some parked airplanes and/or taking off and/or landing, hardly to see any difference with the previous version. I don't like to have FLTL running while cruising because the A320 has a very efficient TCAS, and had several flights and landings wiith an alarmed and screaming cabin.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

16 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

So, I updated to the last FLTL yesterday, and it seems that no one is understanding what the "separation" is. For this reason I decided to disabling it, I like to have some parked airplanes and/or taking off and/or landing, hardly to see any difference with the previous version. I don't like to have FLTL running while cruising because the A320 has a very efficient TCAS, and had several flights and landings wiith an alarmed and screaming cabin.

I posted what it does in the first page

Injector handles an approach queue per airport, and as runways are allocated, runway per airport
Reduces speed of following aircraft to maintain reasonable separation of aircraft on approach
Enforces speed rules to AI on final approach, below 4000 ft, to help with seperation
Aircraft holding for departure will continue to hold if any approaching aircraft are on final within 10km of runway
Aircraft holding will also maintain hold until landing aircraft begin braking for runway exit, reducing the chances of aircraft taking off while arriving aircraft are still on the runway
Departing aircraft entering the runway will use higher taxi speeds for runway lineup, speeding up departure significantly
Egress Optimizations:  As part of the Separation Control feature, we've added egress speed optimizations to assist aircraft in exiting the runway in a timely fashion.  You may notice aircraft speed change abruptly as they leave the runway with this turned on.

It helps avoiding AI aircraft overtaking each other or going around because they were landing to close to each other, or getting in the runway to take off when other aircraft are landing, etc. I recommend having it enabled, unless you use AI Ground, AI Flow or AI Separation.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 2

Alvega

6 minutes ago, Alvega said:

It helps avoiding AI aircraft overtaking each other or going around because they were landing to close to each other, or getting in the runway to take off when other aircraft are landing, etc. I recommend having it enabled, unless you use AI Ground, AI Flow or AI Separation.

this is confusing me: what kind of AI ground, flow and separation someone is talking about? I have disabled all the requested FS20 air and land traffic to allow FSLT work properly, I don't have other traffic junk app in the background., but the airport workers and the cars are still there.

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

6 minutes ago, Claudius_ said:

this is confusing me: what kind of AI ground, flow and separation someone is talking about?

These are other addons that try to deal with the same separation issue, that's why you shouldn't use them if you are using separation enabled in FSLTL because they can cause conflicts.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 3

Alvega