Sign in to follow this  
scotchegg

Continual CTDs when zooming in world map

Yep I am in the same boat, definitely a new problem since SU 13. I don't own Rex Accu-season. So it is not this causing it. I like the idea of switching the map style though, I've never tried that! Its a bit of a frustration due to the long load times and then some other fun things that happen after a crash for me. 

I have some hoops to jump through each time I start the sim on a good day. I always have to select another aircraft to what I last flew, load in (I normally pick a simple aircraft and a small, remote airfield as this speeds the load times significantly) then I come out back to the main menu and reload what I really want to fly from the airport I want to fly from, normally the Fenix or the A2A.  This little process is normally about 8 - 10 min. 

Now if there is a crash (rare in the flight, more often the map issue mentioned above) I have to do the same process on next load, except I have to also select Run in Normal mode, load simple aircraft then exit the sim entirely and start again. If I don't do this my TrackIR just stops responding. 

Before you know it you've been going backwards and forwards for 20 minutes just to get into the sim, all part of the charm I guess! 

Long story short, I would prefer for it not to crash in the map view! 😁 

Anthony

• Like 1

Anthony Milner

Same here, since SU13 I'm starting to get some crashes to desktop when manipulating (zooming especially) the world map, no matter the region.

It seems to me it's better if I don't try to zoom too fast... but I'm not sure.

Edited by Daube

I tried to select the parking place in the drop-down menu instead the map... seems better, but to confirm...

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

I have experienced 3 crashes in the world map since SU13. This did not occur in the beta. My first crashes in 2 years. The only mods I have are the sky improvement colors and better bravo lights. I just reboot and try again. I am guessing at 3 crashes per 15 attempts.

Alienware Aurora R13, i9 12900K, Z690, 3080ti, 64GB DDR5, 2TB NVMe

With or without REX makes no difference to me, but I have been able to reproduce several times that I have CTD if I click too early/fast in the world map before the satellite image has been loaded. If I am patient and wait for the satellite image to load, then it works.

However, something does not seem to be running smoothly in the background at the moment. For 2-3 days now, when editing an airport, I only see the AI buildings at the first project start, and never again after reloading the project. Restarting the sim brings the AI buildings back once. When flying, on the other hand, there are no problems. I have never had that before ...

Intel Core i7-11700F, mainboard MSI MPG B560I GAMING EDGE WIFI (MS-7D19), 32 GB DDR4 SDRAM, RTX3070, no OC for CPU, RAM or GPU, XMP off. MS Store version, default installation path on a 1 TB NVMe 4x 8 GT/s

9 hours ago, Alvega said:

Did you revert the textures to the original ones before disabling Accuseason? If you didn't, starting in safe mode makes no difference because the textures are still installed. Try loading Accuseason again, revert the textures and check again if you still have CTDs.

Yep, I made sure that the default textures were reloaded. But I should have also added that I had done a complete reinstallation of MSFS and even without a single addon (or even an official update installed) the sim still crashed.

I did try to use the IFR world map and, although it seemed to work initially, it eventually crashed, as well. And now this morning I have been getting crashes shortly after the aircraft loads in the sim. It's odd how random it is. How I can go days without a single crash and then one after another is beyond me.

The only bright spot in all of this is that, with all of the crashes and "safe mode" flying I've been doing, it's forced me to get reacquainted with the default aircraft/scenery and there really are some great opportunities for enjoyable flights with just a vanilla sim. I just finished a crash-less flight in the X Cub in and around the Black Forest. It's a great little aircraft with a good autopilot for low and slow sightseeing. Took off out of ED37 heading north at 4000-4500" (just about tree-top level) and had a great flight, highly recommended if you haven't spent much time in that area, so all is not lost.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

18 hours ago, supersym said:

I tried to select the parking place in the drop-down menu instead the map... seems better, but to confirm...

no matter, already CTD...

here is a topic for voting...

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/numerous-ctd-when-pressing-fly-now-su13/590618

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC

I don’t think this increase in CTDs (which I’m also seeing) is due to SU13. I say this as I was in the SU13 beta for months before its official release and didn’t see the CTDs until the past few days.  Note that on release there was no change to the version we had been testing which eliminates it from being the cause.

I can say that I’ve now had more CTDs in the past few days than the total number I’ve ever had since the sim was released!

• Upvote 2

I had a few CTD before, but now I have to try 5 or 6 time to succes for launching a fly !

3 hours ago, boez said:

I don’t think this increase in CTDs (which I’m also seeing) is due to SU13. I say this as I was in the SU13 beta for months before its official release and didn’t see the CTDs until the past few days.  Note that on release there was no change to the version we had been testing which eliminates it from being the cause.

I agree. If it was due to SU13 everyone would be having CTD's. I am on SU13 for months and don't have any CTD's, and I believe most people don't have them as well.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

I have a new, clean install of Windows and MSFS (new system) and i have this map zoom crash at random times. This is new and something they screwed up or maybe nVidia since it didn't happen on my previous AMD GPU. nVidia driver 545.84.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

1 hour ago, Nuno Pinto said:

I have a new, clean install of Windows and MSFS (new system) and i have this map zoom crash at random times. This is new and something they screwed up or maybe nVidia since it didn't happen on my previous AMD GPU. nVidia driver 545.84.

I've been using (and still am) 537.58 since its release. Rolled back to 537.42 when the crashes started, thinking it could be the driver. It didn't help. Still CTDs with 537.42 which I know for a fact was not causing them during the time period I was using that version. Personally, I've given up on chasing addons and drivers, reinstallations and such. I had zero CTDs before the time surrounding the release of SU13. But even if it's not a bug in SU13 itself and some kind of server issue with Bing data or whatever, nothing I've done has made a difference.

Loading the EXACT same flight (aircraft/location) sometimes causes a CTD and sometimes it doesn't, it's that random for me. Once I get into the flight, I'm golden, no crashes so I just power through the CTDs until I get in. I'm seeing it being reported across multiple forums now so hopefully we'll see a fix soon.

AMD 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 42" LG C3 OLED 4K TV/Monitor

Yeah about the same here. It's just the map, the rest of the simulator has been 100% stable on all platforms i've used lately.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11