Sign in to follow this  
Gabe777

What is wrong with Black Square ? Autopilot is a lottery

1 in 6 ILS approaches has worked properly.

The APPR display does not "arm" in white.

It goes straight to "green", when switching from Heading mode on intercept path.

But it rarely captures the ILS.

All their planes are the same.

I've wasted so many hours on them.

Bring on the SWS PC12.

Edited by Gabe777

Just now, Gabe777 said:

Not for me friend.

• Upvote 1

Working well here, Caravan, Bonanza, TBM. No issues. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Working fine here.

What gps unit are you using?

What is your intercept technique?

Can you give me an airport and ils that has failed?  I'd like to check.  Maybe it's a data issue?  Are you using navigraph? 

There's just so many unknowns.

Also, if there are issue you should post at the Just Flight forums

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Seems to me if what you report was a common problem, there would be a huge number of similar posts, but that's just not the case, at least not so far. So my initial thought is you have some kind of local problem.

For one data point, so far the BS TBM 850 autopilot works as expected for me.  I am using the TDS GTN750 as my primary GPS unit.

Al

Edited by ark

I know there were issues with the PMS GTN with the initial release when the "WTT mode" was not native. Since then the PMS has been updated and the TBM v1.1 included WTT mode compatibility. Maybe make sure you're running the current version of both?

I've logged about 12 hours in the TBM and nearly every flight has ended in an ILS approach and I haven't had a single issue.

Edited by vrdubin6

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

Check that you don't have any 3rd party Nav mods, in your Community folder. I had issues with the BSQ Caravan autopilot not engaging NAV or altitude hold. Problem was solved after I removed an old disused GNS530 mod that was still in this folder.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

steve southey

14 minutes ago, JustanotherPilot said:

Check that you don't have any 3rd party Nav mods, in your Community folder. I had issues with the BSQ Caravan autopilot not engaging NAV or altitude hold. Problem was solved after I removed an old disused GNS530 mod that was still in this folder.

Don't have the TBM but that is a great example here.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

4 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

1 in 6 ILS approaches has worked properly.

The APPR display does not "arm" in white.

It goes straight to "green", when switching from Heading mode on intercept path.

But it rarely captures the ILS.

I've wasted so many hours on them.

Bring on the SWS PC12.

Just thinking it might have been better to check in here first and get feedback before dumping on them like that, especially as nobody else has the problem.  

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I do also have problems, but mainly with blowing altitude.  It will just climb through a dialed ALT or even descend below.  I haven't had this with the TBM, but the Caravan, Baron, and Bonanza all do it.  It's not consistent however.  I have the TDS and PMS, and they both do it (I exclude one of them in the community folder when not in use).  I also have the WT GPS packages installed.  I do not have problems with banking or APP selection.  I wonder why the TBM doesn't do it, but the others do?

• Like 1

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

2 hours ago, Orlaam said:

I do also have problems, but mainly with blowing altitude.  It will just climb through a dialed ALT or even descend below.  I haven't had this with the TBM, but the Caravan, Baron, and Bonanza all do it.  It's not consistent however.  I have the TDS and PMS, and they both do it (I exclude one of them in the community folder when not in use).  I also have the WT GPS packages installed.  I do not have problems with banking or APP selection.  I wonder why the TBM doesn't do it, but the others do?

With the BSQ Caravan - I've found that if you decrease your VS climb rate to less that 1000 fpm about 1500 feet before TOC, the autopilot can handle it and stops at the desired set altitude, anything greater than 1000 fpm and it continues to climb past the set altitude, why it does this is a mystery, as previously mentioned, this problem doesn't exist in the TBM, it stops at the desired altitude regardless of climb rate set.

• Like 1

steve southey

Just now, JustanotherPilot said:

With the BSQ Caravan - I've found that if you decrease your VS climb rate to less that 1000 fpm about 1500 feet before TOC, the autopilot can handle it and stops at the desired set altitude, anything greater than 1000 fpm and it continues to climb past the set altitude, why it does this is a mystery, as previously mentioned, this problem doesn't exist in the TBM, it stops at the desired altitude regardless of climb rate set.

The other day I was only able to climb at about 700 FPM and it still just kept going.  The barometer was set correctly in the AP panel and all.  I wish I knew why the TBM is fine but the others are bugged.  I think the King Air is ok too, but I haven't taken it out for a couple months.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Chiming in to say the OP's issue is likely a local one caused by a conflicting add-on. I have had no issues with BlackSquare planes, and I have had issues with other planes when some older add-on subtly broke something. It can be a completely random add-on too, nothing to do with the plane. 

Best thing to do - empty the community folder of everything except the BS planes. If that fixes your issue, you need to then figure out which add-on is causing the issue.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Additionally, make sure all of your gps are up to date.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |