Sign in to follow this  
Jeff Nielsen

FB KMSP released!

Okay, definitely something on my end than, thank you!! I have it excluded from GSX, jetways look great. I'll dig through my folder some more. I had improved/fixed AFCADS installed but I deleted the KMSP one and re-compiled (as I do for any airport that I buy) and that usually prevents problems. But clearly I have missed something somewhere.

Thanks again!!!

• Like 1

Chancy Law

On 10/31/2023 at 6:47 AM, LEFTSEAT said:

Mir definitely has talent for scenery design....

here is a screenshot from a talent and experienced developer

53384533067_8086c26bbe_k.jpg[/url]

and this is a screenshot from a young and  up-and-coming developer

53385450561_44fad08f6a_k.jpg

22 minutes ago, Peter113 said:

here is a screenshot from a talent and experienced developer

and this is a screenshot from a young and  up-and-coming developer

Good thing we're getting a choice then.

Just an FYI, for comparison sake, it works best when you don't deliberately pretty-up one version over the other.

The BMW/AmSim pic has the sun shining from a different angle to give more direct lighting on the front of the hangar and golden hour colouring. It also depicts recent rainfall for reflections, unlike the Flightbeam pic.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

On 12/9/2023 at 12:37 PM, F737MAX said:

Just an FYI, for comparison sake, it works best when you don't deliberately pretty-up one version over the other.

I'm just glad that there are young developers who try to pay attention to detail.

6 minutes ago, Peter113 said:

I'm just glad that there are young developers who try to pay attention to detail.

Flightbeam all day. The other dev does not know what the word “optimize” means.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Eric 

16 minutes ago, B777ER said:

it's true !!

Edited by Peter113

It's unfortunate that two devs were doing the same airport.  Maybe FB should have announced it earlier...idk I don't have the solution but I'd bet the amsim version won't sell great.  But who knows!

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

this airport is of an other level, just bought it, FPS are great and de details is amazing.....MR Mir, I can't wait for KFSO longer!! Amazing piece of art.

Edited by pilotter

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

1 hour ago, pilotter said:

this airport is of an other level, just bought it, FPS are great and de details is amazing.....MR Mir, I can't wait for KFSO longer!! Amazing piece of art.

A FlightBeam product can be bought days one. 😄

• Like 1

Guillaume

ASUS ROG STRIX Z490 ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K OC 5.5 GHz▪︎  ZOTAC RTX 4090 Trinity OC ▪︎ 64GB Crucial Ballistix  ▪︎ Windows 11 Pro (23H2) ▪︎ 2x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive et MSFS) ▪︎ 3x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎  Corsair RMX 1000W 80 plus Gold PSU  ▪︎ LIAN-LI ODYSSEY X black case

On 12/10/2023 at 5:32 PM, B777ER said:

neither does MK studios to be fair.

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

On 12/10/2023 at 7:28 PM, ryanbatc said:

It's unfortunate that two devs were doing the same airport.  Maybe FB should have announced it earlier...idk I don't have the solution but I'd bet the amsim version won't sell great.  But who knows!

you didnt expect software developers to actually talk to each other did you.  do try and keep up Ryan. 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

you didnt expect software developers to actually talk to each other did you.  do try and keep up Ryan. 

You wake up on the wrong side of the bed?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

Back in the late FSX and P3D days, when everything about flight simulator was smaller, they made some efforts to coordinate, sometimes by telling a separate third party what they were beginning to work on, so the others would know it was being worked on but not necessarily by who. This way they would not invest hundreds of hours of work into a project that would end up dividing the market and result in a poor return on investment for both developers. They would also announce an airport well in advance and there seemed to be an unwritten but fairly well-respected tradition that other developers did not begin to work on a project that another had already started. The market is much larger now and it seems to be able to sustain a couple of versions of the same airport -- but the recent situation in Montreal, with FlyTampa removing itself and FSimStudios delaying their release -- suggests that more than 2 versions is problematic.

Dan Scott

23 hours ago, G-YMML1 said:

KSFO! KSFO! KSFO for Christmas! 

Speaking of KSFO, has there been any updates on the release?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive