Sign in to follow this  
btacon

SU 14 (Beta) is Live Now

Aside from the arpc color inclusion, this su14 beta is probably the most "meh" I've seen yet.

From the assistance settings issue, to the screwed sim objects/animations issue, just a bad beta release.  And no cirrus either.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I had no issues with the assistance settings and I am positively surprised by the ATC overhaul.

Also, let's not forget that today is day 2 of the beta, it will improve week by week 🙂

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

So here we go again, people who willingly signed up to beta test software complaining that the software doesn’t work properly. 

As a member of basically every beta since SU3 or so, the closed betas were so much better. They included actual beta testers and not just people who wanted an advanced copy of the update. 

Edited by mryan75
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Reading over at the official forums this all looks like a bit of a mess. I suppose that’s what betas are for, yet I’m still amazed that some of these things slip through the net, time and time again. 

The beta is the net. I just don’t understand why people don’t understand that. 

Edited by mryan75
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, mryan75 said:

So here we go again, people who willingly signed up to beta test software complaining that the software doesn’t work properly. 

As a member of basically every beta since SU3 or so, the closed betas were so much better. They included actual beta testers and not just people who wanted an advanced copy of the update. 

It's still a shame they failed so miserably as well though, so opening up to the masses whilst is helpful also has it's drawbacks. If they were better run betas that would help, but they've been consistently poor compared to other games/Sims, surprising from Microsoft really but I guess that's them in a nutshell!

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

The frustrating part is that issues that were once listed to be fixed have seemingly disappeared.  The snow one is super frustrating this far in.  Runway lights on all day at every airport is another one.  BUT.  Other than the assistance settings SU14 is better for me.  Even if just a little bit better.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

So the broken animations on GSX are not a bug. Asobo has disabled simobject animations temporarily for testing reasons. It’s not permanent 

Edited by Tuskin38

1 hour ago, MarcG said:

I've long since given up waiting for fixes from past beta regressions, pointless waiting in hope so I'm just looking forward to MSFS 2024 now to see what fresh hell that brings 😄

Yeah!  I can't wait.  Are you signing up for the MSFS2024 beta?  :laugh:

• Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

32 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Yeah!  I can't wait.  Are you signing up for the MSFS2024 beta?  :laugh:

Hell no...

...probably yes 😄

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

5 hours ago, mwe_EDVK said:

No, they have not changed that. This bug still occurs.😒

Well, that sucks.

Eric 

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

The frustrating part is that issues that were once listed to be fixed have seemingly disappeared.  The snow one is super frustrating this far in.  Runway lights on all day at every airport is another one.  BUT.  Other than the assistance settings SU14 is better for me.  Even if just a little bit better.  

They will probably fix most of the major bugs by the end of the beta. The whole reason why many of us (including me) pushed the MSFS team to do an open beta is for this reason.  And so far, the open beta has worked wonders for MSFS.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

8 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

They will probably fix most of the major bugs by the end of the beta. The whole reason why many of us (including me) pushed the MSFS team to do an open beta is for this reason.  And so far, the open beta has worked wonders for MSFS.

I'm in no way optimistic these two things I listed will be fixed.  A few beta's and RC's have come and gone with no fixes yet. But yes beta has been a good thing

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

I'm happy to see some work on ATC and a few other things.  I'm continually struck by how excellent MSFS is already and especially in the performance domain which subtly has improved steadily over many months, and 2024 purports to include MAJOR performance enhancements on top of this.  MS/A gets a AAA rating in my book!

Thanks to all those who participate in the open betas.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 hours ago, mryan75 said:

The beta is the net. I just don’t understand why people don’t understand that. 

I understand it fully. However when the same things keep slipping in the net over and over again, it makes you wonder. 

• Like 1