Sign in to follow this  
Claudius_

Live weather down

1 minute ago, chapstick said:

This is such a dumb analogy. Live weather is part of MSFS and it’s their responsibility to maintain it and coordinate with the vendor providing it when issues arise. 

How can it be their responsibility to maintain a 3rd party service? Coordinate with them on the restoration of the service yes, but  MS/Asobo cannot fix a broken 3rd party service!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Vel said:

How can it be their responsibility to maintain a 3rd party service? Coordinate with them on the restoration of the service yes, but  MS/Asobo cannot fix a broken 3rd party service!

Duh? It’s still Asobo’s responsibility to manage. I love how this basic fact is now controversial. Another day on AVSIM. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, chapstick said:

Duh? It’s still Asobo’s responsibility to manage. I love how this basic fact is now controversial. Another day on AVSIM. 

You're correct in what you're saying but swap Asobo with Microsoft 😉

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

1 minute ago, chapstick said:

Try reading what you posted again... you used the word "maintain"

maintain
/meɪnˈteɪn,mənˈteɪn/
verb

1. 1.
    cause or enable (a condition or situation) to continue.

Subtle yes but that is probably why the meaning is lost on you.

• Like 2

Some Avsim members just can't wait  to find any negative that is happening in the entire world and blame  Asobo. Strange, 

Edited by Bobsk8
  • Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Some Avsim members just can't wait  to find any negative that is happening in the entire world, on Asobo. Strange, 

If you look up the word petulant in the dictionary Bob, you get a list of well know AVSIM members ... 😉😁

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, chapstick said:

This is such a dumb analogy. Live weather is part of MSFS and it’s their responsibility to maintain it and coordinate with the vendor providing it when issues arise. 

I don't think it is. I think it's safe to say that MS/Asobo reaches out to their weather provider when there is an issue. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i9-13900K @ 5.8Ghz / Asus TUF 4090 OC / 32 GB DDR 5 / Corsair 1000W PS /  Pimax Crystal / 2 SATA SSD / 2TB M2 SSD/ DOF Reality H3 motion platform/ Win 11 

I blame Amazon Prime. 

• Like 2

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

7 minutes ago, Gate99 said:

I don't think it is. I think it's safe to say that MS/Asobo reaches out to their weather provider when there is an issue. 

What did I literally say in my statement: to maintain it and coordinate with the vendor providing it when issues arise. 

Anyway, this my last reply on this thread since they're apparently not being read in full anyway. 

Edited by chapstick
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, chapstick said:

That's not how agreements between vendors and clients work.

When Asobo contracts a weather provider to provide data, they do not take on any roles within that vendor business. They are simply a customer. If that vendor has an issue, Asobo's only role is pestering them to get it fixed.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

36 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I guess is if the power goes out in your neighborhood, you blame Asobo, because MSFS 2020 won't turn on????😕

I'm not a Asobo/MS hater at all but ultimately it is on Asobo to find a solution to this since their product keeps being affected by the recurring outages. At this point they should either have a backup plan or find a more reliable data provider in the long term. These outages are not the end of the world but they are annoying. I've used Active Sky from 2014 to 2020 and barely remember any outages in that time period.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Wow, the drama from some people when their video game occasionally has a blip and doesn't work 100% as intended.  It must be REALLY stressful to "fly" 2% of the time with manually configured instead of live weather... 🙄 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Vel said:

Subtle yes but that is probably why the meaning is lost on you.

Speaking of petulant 👀👀

45 minutes ago, Vel said:

If you look up the word petulant in the dictionary Bob, you get a list of well know AVSIM members ... 😉😁

Perhaps you should look up the words hypocrisy and irony. 

I see avsim is the forum that keeps on giving. Someone reports weather is down and it turns in to a massive argument and derogatory comments. 

• Like 2