Sign in to follow this  
Mike_CFII_MEL

Projection Configuration in XP12 cost $1,000.00

Hi,

In order to use XP12's projection configuration setup you'll have to pony up a grand, ouch! Is that $1,000.00 per X-Plane pro copy?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck
+
$1k in 3rd party addons
+.
X-Plane pro x3

Not being glib as I'm planning a similarly ambitious project.  Other projection software is very expensive.  The cost of the last 3rd I'd consider money well spent. 

9 hours ago, mSparks said:

But VR is far superior anyway.....

I agree for home use. projectors are used in professional training cockpits and motion platforms.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

10 hours ago, mSparks said:

yes.

But VR is far superior anyway.....

Not sure you have seen @Mike_CFII_MEL's setup. VR may be superior for you but I'm with Mike and his cockpit.

Edited by hs118
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, hs118 said:

Not sure you have seen @Mike_CFII_MEL's setup. VR may be superior for you but I'm with Mike and his cockpit.

Likewise. Vr is good immersion in short bursts yeah, but it’s still 5-10 years away from where it needs to be for simming. I’ve had all the top end headsets and returned them all. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Likewise. Vr is good immersion in short bursts yeah, but it’s still 5-10 years away from where it needs to be for simming. I’ve had all the top end headsets and returned them all. 

even 3x 4K projectors is only going to get you like 640x480 resolution "at the window" because so much is wasted (and no rain on the glass).

Even a low end headset will beat that.

for his setup, other than VR, high end displays mounted in the window is the next best option, projectors would be a downgrade from what he has now.

Best option is "probably" going to be the apple vision that launches next year.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

1 hour ago, mSparks said:

sure. been waiting for it. not there yet for us lowly home users.

5 hours ago, hs118 said:

Hi,

Yep, VR doesn't come close to being superior compared to riding in a full flight deck. As far as fighter pilot training, they wear helmets that use eye tracking so for them V/R is good solution, but not for commercial tube liner training. That's why they have very expensive Level-D trainers and no VR setups.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

The biggest advantage of VR is that one day you can fly a B737 and the next day you can board a C172. 😉 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bulva said:

The biggest advantage of VR is that one day you can fly a B737 and the next day you can board a C172. 😉 

And the biggest disadvantage is feeling like you're scuba diving whilst looking at  a low res world. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Bulva said:

Hi,

For me I think VR is good for fighter and Heli pilots if one doesn't have the hardware. I'm also not obligated to turn on my flight deck to run a flight, I can turn on my desk top computer and fly whatever I like. But, I don't... I spend 100% of my time in the NG.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL

13 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

And the biggest disadvantage is feeling like you're scuba diving whilst looking at  a low res world. 

Hi,

The resolution didn't bother me as much as the headset getting heavy after a while and the sweat that develops. I would not want t do a 2-1/2 hour ride wearing one of these. Plus if I have to get up and use the can or get a drink, I have to take the stuff off, can be a bit of a pain.

Edited by Mike_CFII_MEL
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2