Sign in to follow this  
Zangoose

Orbx - Great Britain South Landmarks Release

Welcome to Great Britain South, our third landmark pack for Great Britain that completes our GB range.

Following the successful North and Central packs, Great Britain South contains over 700 highly detailed landmarks stretching from Nottinghamshire and the legendary Sherwood Forest down to the southern coasts of Cornwall and the Cliffs of Dover.

This region is tailor made for pilots who love to fly low and explore, offering an incredibly immersive experience of southern Britain's most treasured and iconic landmarks. Our custom animated fauna breathes life into Britain’s countryside, and engaging tours of the southern castles, churches and monuments will take you on a historic journey across the land. 

At a glance:

• Over 700 highly detailed POIs with realistic PBR textures.
  • Immersive tours and missions for many churches, castles and historic landmarks.
  • Custom animated animals across many fields and farms.
  • Helipads across a range of select landmarks.
  • Dazzling custom night lighting based on real-world imaging.
  • Optimised for performance through efficient use of 3D modeling and texturing techniques.
  • Fully compatible with World Update 3 and designed in line with our Great Britain North and Central packs.

Product Page: https://orbxdirect.com/product/gbr-south-msfs

Edited by Zangoose
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

...stretching from Nottinghamshire and the legendary Sherwood Forest...

Midlands & The South then 😂 thanks for the heads up I may look at this

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

Interesting. Wonder if the Tamar Bridge is finally there. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Thanks for that.
I own the others and like them, so will defintely add this to my library.

Nvidia 4090 | AMD 5950X | 128GB DDR4 3200 | LG C1 48"
TCA Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo | TPR Rudders | Stream Deck XL | Tobii 5

Want!

Anyone got a .KML file showing all the objects? 

I’ve got one for GB north and central but I expect it’s likely a bit early to find maps etc of this new release. 

Ah  good, this has been notable by its absence for a while, although it’s good to see the North of the U.K. prioritised for a change 😉

• Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

57 minutes ago, g-liner said:

Want!

Anyone got a .KML file showing all the objects? 

I’ve got one for GB north and central but I expect it’s likely a bit early to find maps etc of this new release. 

They have provided two files at: https://forum.orbxdirect.com/topic/219141-is-eu-great-britain-south-for-msfs-still-being-made-or-has-msfs-2024-announcement-delayed-it/?do=findComment&comment=1845049

Matt

Vote for better camera support in MSFS: https://devsupport.flightsimulator.com/t/camera-api/3077/29

I will buy it to get the full set as I have the other packs, but all of the objects look a bit too much too shiny and new to me as usual, with the colours over saturated also.  
I wish they could fade them down a bit or make them look more weathered like in real life.  They to look a bit false / plastic because of this. 
Most of the third party scenery designers are like this though, including Orbx London and Chicago City packs which I own.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

3 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Yes, it's in the .kml file that lists all 700+ POIs.

According to the file, there are dupilcates of the POIs that were in WU3 (e.g. Windsor Castle, the Eden Project) and some buildings already covered by Orbx's Landmarks London City pack.
I have no idea yet whether there are any conflicts, there isn't a 'Configure' button in Orbx Central for this. Although the marketing does say its compatible with WU3. I've asked on their forums.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

I will buy it to get the full set as I have the other packs, but all of the objects look a bit too much too shiny and new to me as usual, with the colours over saturated also.  
I wish they could fade them down a bit or make them look more weathered like in real life.  They to look a bit false / plastic because of this. 
Most of the third party scenery designers are like this though, including Orbx London and Chicago City packs which I own.

A general problem within MSFS, everything looks brand new. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Yes, it's in the .kml file that lists all 700+ POIs.

According to the file, there are dupilcates of the POIs that were in WU3 (e.g. Windsor Castle, the Eden Project) and some buildings already covered by Orbx's Landmarks London City pack.
I have no idea yet whether there are any conflicts, there isn't a 'Configure' button in Orbx Central for this. Although the marketing does say its compatible with WU3. I've asked on their forums.

Thank you. Yes, I wondered about conflicts with existing Orbx scenery especially in the London area. 

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

4 hours ago, St Mawgan said:

Decent freeware version on flightsim.to is what I use.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

1 minute ago, cianpars said:

Decent freeware version on flightsim.to is what I use.

Yes, it's not bad but I'm hoping this will be better. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

A general problem within MSFS, everything looks brand new. 

Yes unfortunately this is putting me off a purchase, the Royal Pavilion in Brighton is cleaned on a regular basis but the in the video from ORBX it looks like it did on the day it was built.

I like to see old buildings properly weathered, which has put me off these packs in the past. I'll think about it though, as aside the clean look they have gone into great detail with all the POIs.

• Like 4

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)