Sign in to follow this  
cianpars

Sim Update 14

As it seems to have gone quiet on the subject, I thought I would ask the beta testers out there what has improved and what may not have improved or indeed declined in the latest beta.

I believe ASOBO said that they were expecting to release the update in early December.  Are we still on track for that?

So what's the latest Guys?  Is the update likely to make some big differences and do you have any thoughts or comments regarding the progress and your experiences?

Sadly, I had to opt out of the beta testing due to a bad experience a few updates ago when ASOBO in their wisdom decided to delete my entire simulator and all of its many addons (along with many others who experienced the same) and was not going to allow anything like that to happen again.

• Like 1

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Other than the regression bug around assistance settings, no significant movement so far. Minor tweaks to the WT Heavy Pair.  Tweaks to scenery and Photogrammetry and of course the infamous inibuilds a320-251N.  That plane is quite a hoot and well worth the entry into beta 14.

MHO,

-B

• Like 4

For me, and regarding the latest beta build:

Good

- Atmosphere lighting improvements

- A few ATC improvements

- The Inibuilds A320

Bad

- Assistance options reset bug

- White circle showing up and causing stutters

- Worse performance (less FPS and more stutters) than with SU13

Waiting for the next build. Until then, I went back to SU13 and it's much better than SU14 Beta

• Like 5

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Just to add to btacon, it also includes the new sunrise / sunset colours that a lot of people asked for - they are way better.
Other than that, just a bug fix roundup and update on a lot of the default aircraft, and some minor ATC improvements.  So no giant strides, but certainly worth having, and performance and stability is still good.

There may be another beta update before the full release, because they need to fix the assistance setting bug and the spinning circle is back again lower right of the screen (although it has been said that it may be there for a purpose while testing the beta - although other beta's didn't have it.)

I think maybe only a 50/50 chance of an update tomorrow, due to the Thanksgiving holiday in the US.  It won't affect us in Europe so much (including Asobo) as we don't celebrate it, but maybe will affect Microsoft and how they update the servers etc.

EDIT:  My post crossed with Alvega's above.  Just a note...  Some say the stuttering is due to the white circle.  It causes it when it appears.  I have seen some evidence of this myself, but smooth when it doesn't appear.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, Alvega said:

I went back to SU13 and it's much better than SU14 Beta

How did you revert back?

• Like 1

David Porrett

Just now, DavidP said:

How did you revert back?

I have the Steam version, just went to the game properties on Steam and selected no beta. It was quick and easy.

• Like 3

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

11 minutes ago, Alvega said:

I have the Steam version, just went to the game properties on Steam and selected no beta. It was quick and easy.

Thanks, I am not on Steam so I guess I will have to live with it until it officially releases.

• Like 1

David Porrett

18 minutes ago, DavidP said:

I am not on Steam so I guess I will have to live with it until it officially releases

how about leaving the beta in Xbox insider hub?

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

hubba hubba !

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, Alvega said:

This is what I am afraid of - my performance is really good right now and I have heard this quite a bit in forums posts I have read.   I cant remember which holiday season it was but we had an update and a major performance issue occurred and we were stuck with it over the holidays - for me the worst time of year as this is when I have the most time to fly.....Hopefully if there is an issue its addressed before release or paused until it is.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alvega said:

Interesting to read this. This hasn't been my experience. Performance seems to be slightly better, but it's definitely not worse for me. It's always so confusing to see some people experience a downgrade and others that don't. I wonder why we see that? Obviously people have different setups and addons installed, but we shouldn't be seeing such a big swing from side to side. 

As for me, I like the new sky colors. Much more realistic. That would probably be my favorite thing about SU14. And yes, it's annoying with the assistance settings changing and that stupid spinning circle, but these are issues that I know will not make into the full release. I am hoping we see the SR-22 update soon, though. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

This hasn't been my experience. Performance seems to be slightly better, but it's definitely not worse for me.

same here. we often hear that their problems were caused by something else, but that doesn't always get reported back.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, Alvega said:

- White circle showing up and causing stutters

The stutters would happen even without the circle. The circle just indicates the sim is loading something, it's what's ever is loading that is causing the stutters.

4 hours ago, Alvega said:

Worse performance (less FPS and more stutters) than with SU13

I'm getting the same performance I got in SU13.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

The stutters would happen even without the circle. The circle just indicates the sim is loading something.

No, the stutters only happen when the spinning circle is on screen.

• Like 2

Alvega

4 minutes ago, Alvega said:

No, the stutters only happen when the spinning circle is on screen.

I'm saying if Asobo removed the circle right now and changed nothing else you'd still get the stutters.

The circle doesn't cause the stutters, it's only an indicator that the sim is loading something. It's whatever the sim is loading that is causing the stutters.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1