Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

PMDG updates for its 737 released

37 minutes ago, G-YMML1 said:

GSX automatically load and refuel a plane assuming that correct Simbrief OFP is being detected.

So GSX gradually loads the airplane so that the actual payload and fuel of the aircraft change like using PMDG's implementation? I thought PMDG didn't want to work with FSDT on this.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

GSX loads the fuel and payload instantly using the right FMC when you call for fueling and boarding respectively.

Ryan

4 minutes ago, threegreen said:

So GSX gradually loads the airplane so that the actual payload and fuel of the aircraft change like using PMDG's implementation? I thought PMDG didn't want to work with FSDT on this.

Not gradually, rather instantly. 

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

I still prefer the PMDG enhancement.  I want bare minimum GSX input to anything other than a pushback thx.

In the next update, GSX will check the actual ZFW and, if it's already very close (within 10kg) to the one planned on Simbrief, it will automatically skip entering payload, assuming you set it already, either using the EFB or manually.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, virtuali said:

In the next update, GSX will check the actual ZFW and, if it's already very close (within 10kg) to the one planned on Simbrief, it will automatically skip entering payload, assuming you set it already, either using the EFB or manually.

Good idea.  Same with the fuel?

Ryan

I'd like to see an option in GSX settings to turn off the "extra" fuel it is adding to the tank. I understand why it is there, and I'm sure it makes sense for some users, but my Simbrief plan already includes extra fuel for taxi. I start the APU 5 minutes before push and turn it off as soon as both engines are running. It doesn't burn much in the 8 minutes or so that it runs and I always end up at the runway with a bit of taxi fuel left. Would be nice to tell GSX to just use what I put in the plan.  

Edited by MDFlier

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

6 hours ago, Peterwk said:

I seem to be living in an alternative world.  I think that the PMDG 737 is fantastic and the new tablet is great, particularly with the new update.

Agree with you completely.

Here on Avsim, though, the incessant nagging about all things PMDG will wear you out. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Hey all, prior to this most recent PMDG update PAYLOAD values from Simbrief were automatically populated correctly in the FMC from Simbrief, but that stopped.  Is there a setting I haven't found to make this happen again?  I imported Simbrief into the tablet but always a fixed number of PAX/Cargo starts getting populated from some other source than Simbrief.

And I use GSX for FWIW

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

57 minutes ago, Noel said:

Hey all, prior to this most recent PMDG update PAYLOAD values from Simbrief were automatically populated correctly in the FMC from Simbrief, but that stopped.  Is there a setting I haven't found to make this happen again?  I imported Simbrief into the tablet but always a fixed number of PAX/Cargo starts getting populated from some other source than Simbrief.

And I use GSX for FWIW

Uplink the route into the FMC and there will be a menu with an option to load payload and fuel.

• Like 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, threegreen said:

Uplink the route into the FMC and there will be a menu with an option to load payload and fuel.

Weird.  Rebooted, launched the next flight, and w/o doing anything different the values populated automatically, the correct ones from SimBrief, as prior to the update.  But....I had not uplinked the route into the FMC I did that all manually into the FMC.  I had not linked SB to PMDG so presumably next time can do the uplink.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

(Full disclosure. I’m on SU14 Beta). After reading this thread and others after hearing the beta both broke then fixed a new com channel SimBrief imports AND after having test flown the updates last tues and seeing nothing really new, well…Yawn.

However after hearing the last drop resolved the broken gadget, and then loading up a new version of the same route I used on Tuesday in simbrief, imported in EFB.  Ok. Seen that. Then importing in FMC which should fail because I never downloaded FP and then the SB Import option appears and what’s this?  Fuel?  Payload?  Oh My!

Impressed!

-B

When I get into the SIMBRIEF RTE page of the FMC, everything freezes for me and I have to go back to the main menu of the sim to recover. Ugh.

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

14 hours ago, Drumcode said:

When I get into the SIMBRIEF RTE page of the FMC, everything freezes for me and I have to go back to the main menu of the sim to recover. Ugh.

Do you have a Flightnumber and Airline filed in Simbrief? If not, this is the result. 

They are working to fix that.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1