Sign in to follow this  
jrw4

PMDG updates for its 737 released

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

N.B. There's a pretty significant issue if you use SimBrief.

Be sure to select an airline and a flight number for your flight plan. We found a problem in which failure to have a flight number populate with the flight data can cause the airplane to fail unceremoniously upon flight plan loading. The trick to avoid it is simply to have a flight number.

A fix for this will follow next week.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; PMDG 737-600; FFX HJ; AIG & FSLTL; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

0012771: [FMS - Initialization] Two click SimBrief integration of RTE/PAYLOAD/FUEL/PERF INIT loading into FMC (emvaos)

Does this mean one can uplink data through the respective FMC pages from Simbrief? Especially PERF INIT since this wasn't possible before?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

I would love it it PMDG added back the ability to do FMC inputs with the keyboard.  FBW320NX has this feature, the freeware 320NX.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

8 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

When is PMDG going to fix the lousy FS9/FSX textures?

Straight after they replace the cockpit textures and fan blade animations in their 777 for P3D... 

• Like 5

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; PMDG 737-600; FFX HJ; AIG & FSLTL; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

I'm just here for a 777 MSFS update status?

Edited by JBDB-MD80
  • Upvote 1

Either I have troubles understanding V1 or the Navigraph Tablet gives me incorrect V1 speeds since the last update couple weeks ago:
When I enter the max. allowed Takeoff Weight (66982kg), the Tablet gives me V1=129kt, Vr=132kt, V2=142kt.
In that case, I'd reach Vr shortly before the RWY end but If I had to stop at V1, I'd overshoot the runway.
Should V1 not be somewhere around 80 or 100kts or so in order to come to a stop before running out of runway?

I66JGI9.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

Should V1 not be somewhere around 80 or 100kts or so in order to come to a stop before running out of runway?

No, V1 on an airliner the size of the 737 will typically be close to Vr, the plane will decelerate very rapidly if takeoff is rejected.  Larger aircraft, or smaller ones with a wet/contaminated runway will normally have a bigger difference between V1 and Vr.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, JBDB-MD80 said:

I'm just here for a 777 MSFS update status?

I think the thread is about a 737 update. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

1 hour ago, Konterhalbe said:

Either I have troubles understanding V1 or the Navigraph Tablet gives me incorrect V1 speeds since the last update couple weeks ago:
When I enter the max. allowed Takeoff Weight (66982kg), the Tablet gives me V1=129kt, Vr=132kt, V2=142kt.
In that case, I'd reach Vr shortly before the RWY end but If I had to stop at V1, I'd overshoot the runway.

I tried this with TOPCAT. I assume that Max Takeoffweight is PMDG's Internal one for the 737-700?

TOPCAT says you can't take off from Vagar at that weight. Maximum Performance Limit at this Runway is 65730. 

But if I enter that data into TOPCAT it does not get much better. It calculates Flaps 5 Take-Off  with VSpeeds of  137 138 and 141. But the margin is 0. Which means you will lift off at the very end of the runway.

So in short: You can't take off that heavy from Vagar.

With Flaps 10 Take-off you are performance limited again, that is why you have to reduce your weight even further down to 58041. That gives you 122 127 127 and a Margin of 318 Meters. That is enough to stop below V1.

Why PMDG's performance calculator does not come up with similar results, I can't explain.

Edited by Farlis
  • Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,   PMDG DC6 ,PMDG 737-600-800 , Fenix A320, A2A Comanche,   Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC ,  Kodiak

7 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

When is PMDG going to fix the lousy FS9/FSX textures?

Probably the 12th of Never.  They have moved on and the FS9/FSX products are not available from them.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

James M Driskell, Maj USMC (Ret)

51 minutes ago, jmdriskell said:

Probably the 12th of Never.  They have moved on and the FS9/FSX products are not available from them.

I don't think they were talking about actual FS9/FSX.