Sign in to follow this  
Krakin

New SU14 Beta client released. 1.35.19.0 SR22T Included

1 hour ago, Krakin said:

If the issue with the A320 is mostly affecting Xbox, then I shouldn't be punished for it as a PC player.

Yeah, something smells a little fishy about this. They've never taken an airplane off the line because it wasn't performing well. They usually just promise to fix it. But to remove it completely, to me, seems a little weird.

Edited by Bdub22
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Krakin said:

If the issue with the A320 is mostly affecting Xbox, then I shouldn't be punished for it as a PC player. In anyway case, it was a beta within a beta so I shouldn't complain.

Exactly! I can't understand it too. If you still want to fly it just copy from Official folder and paste in Community one.  Name of the folder is "microsoft-aircraft-a320neo"

Edited by Vitold69
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Yeah, something smells a little fishy about this. They've never taken an airplane off the line because it wasn't performing well. They usually just promise to fix it. But to remove it completely certainly, to me, seems a little weird.

It's not about performance but crashes looks like. More serious for Xbox and marketplace. Anyways I assume they'll give more details

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

30 minutes ago, Bdub22 said:

Yeah, something smells a little fishy about this. They've never taken an airplane off the line because it wasn't performing well. They usually just promise to fix it. But to remove it completely certainly, to me, seems a little weird.

It's a beta release. Not everything will see a release after a beta, sometimes bigger problems show up and the full release is postponed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

It's a beta release. Not everything will see a release after a beta, sometimes bigger problems show up and the full release is postponed.

And for the record the FMC 1st Page which has software version listed it as “Alpha”.  .03 if my memory serves. Gonna miss it tho, I thought it a hoot!  No worries, in exchange I just got an SOTA SR 22 to amuse me until the next shiny object appears!😎

-B 

3 hours ago, MattNischan said:

It's not at all the same model. 🙂 The entirety of the art is completely new, from the ground up. Some great details in there, like all the new wingtip lighting fixtures and features.

There is a bug presently for the description though, which we have logged.

For anyone interested based on it meeting 'book #'s', you can download the Cirrus Proflite app (apple app store) for WB etc. It is free and outstanding for flight planning.

• Like 1

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

As a SR22T G6 pilot, this aircraft update is eons better than the original. At first pass there are are a few things a little off, but in the main, this acts and flies like an SR22T. The one thing it does not do is fall out of the sky when you chop the throttle on landing. If you do that in a real SR22T G6, the scimitar prop acts like a giant air brake and you will slam her on the runway. I speak from experience on this one, it scared the heck out of me and my instructor when I did it. You learn quickly that you ease the throttle back as she touches down. 

Otherwise the Perspective system is a leap forward and power settings are good. It also has that odd nose down approach that really took some time to overcome when shifting from a Cessna. This plane has a landing angle that is a bit more nose down than you would be used to, and you don't really flare hard in this plane, you just hold it off the runway and it settles to land.

The large rudder inputs are there on takeoff, and you fly this plane by the trim if you want to do it right. If you manhandle a real SR22T for a few touch and goes without trimming all the time, she will kill your left hand and forearm. Learned this lesson early in my transition training with lots of Advil. 

There is a reason that Cirrus uses the Approach training course for existing pilots, its a slick plane that acts a bit differently. This SR22T is a great step forward. 

• Like 20

10 hours ago, lwt1971 said:

Ya from what I thought I heard Jorg say, due to a marketplace/xbox issue with the iniBuilds A320, they'll have to hold it back from SU14. And did I hear him say months?? 

No reason to remove it from the PC version as well.

For months then?! IMHO this has more to do with a certain Reddit drama.

Also:

image.png

Edited by MrFuzzy
  • Like 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

There seems to be a new bug or something like that. Please inform me if I do something wrong or missing.

Although I select another runway than the given by MSFS on the related airport, sim insists on starting the flight with the given default runway. Is there anyone having the same issue ? Thanks.

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

5 minutes ago, kt069 said:

There seems to be a new bug or something like that. Please inform me if I do something wrong or missing.

Although I select another runway than the given by MSFS on the related airport, sim insists on starting the flight with the given default runway. Is there anyone having the same issue ? Thanks.

Nope, I just tried and it lets you change the assigned runway and depart from there.

By chance, did you change aircraft before starting the flight?

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

No reason to remove it from the PC version as well.

For months then?! IMHO this has more to do with a certain Reddit drama.

Also:

image.png

I think it’s a bit of both, the aircraft is great honestly but has a few annoying bugs, also it was only in ALPHA in the last Beta, the wings, flaps and slat are wrongly modeled and inibuild hasfaced a lot of comment on this on their discord. Lastly their is the Inibuild/FBW drama…..I think Jorg has taken the right decision, the aircraft has enormous potential and really need to comes out when everything is ready, and the legal side is right

it will comes back, greater than ever…hopefully soon

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

I think it’s a bit of both, the aircraft is great honestly but has a few annoying bugs, also it was only in ALPHA in the last Beta, the wings, flaps and slat are wrongly modeled and inibuild hasfaced a lot of comment on this on their discord. Lastly their is the Inibuild/FBW drama…..

In this case they could have left it in beta .19 and removed it in the final SU14 release if it wasn't ready yet. They could still benefit of an additional week of beta testing and feedback.

The coincidence with the Reddit drama is suspect. It's a shame, hopefully it will come back soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

Nope, I just tried and it lets you change the assigned runway and depart from there.

By chance, did you change aircraft before starting the flight?

Thanks for the info but I tried few times before and also after your feedback and sim insists on giving me the assigned runway. It is strange?

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

I’m assuming the sr22t is for deluxe editions right? Not everyone is getting it?

14 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well you could go back in now.  The settings reset bug has been fixed.  The Cirrus is their new benchmark for the GA planes I think - they have thrown in everything including the kitchen sink!  

Do the doors open (the most distinctive feature of the SR22 series akin to Lamborghini's gull wing doors)?😕  The most basic of features still escapes modified planes like the Longitude and most other Asobo aircraft default aircraft.  Whoever at Asobo thought this was a good idea needs to rethink their creativity mindset.  The 'kitchen sink' analogy doesn't apply if they can't get a basic feature every real world aircraft has, DOORS (one has to get in and out of the aircraft).  I'm sure the internal avionics will be amazing of course.🤪:ph34r: 

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2