Sign in to follow this  
tonywob

Great Seasonal Support

I don't see this often shown in screenshots or talked about, but the seasonal support in X-Plane 12 is really a big step up from X-Plane 11 and also approaches used in the older sims such as FSX, P3D etc. Not only have they nailed the look and feel of the sky, atmosphere, but also the snow/vegetation colouring is really convincing to me.

I decided for a change to use real weather and real date/time to do a short VFR flight around my home area, and the weather conditions, lighting and look seem really accurate to me, and captures just how cold it is here, and wanted to share some shots:

1.thumb.jpeg.a8bcf8e2ecdd471bd7e7a119feb7c934.jpeg

2.thumb.jpeg.b8f6fb73ec36191bb94a7e3cf2c604ab.jpeg

The snow layer and vegetation colours works really well with ortho imagery once they're configured correctly for seasons, and if real weather is enabled the conditions and snow cover change as flying around.

This is the same area in early September, and the lighting and colours seem spot on for me and correct for this time of year.

3.thumb.jpeg.37b66dc5c6de592a1e5f3863d424bba3.jpeg

Hopefully more developers start adding correct support to this to their sceneries. Also looking forward to the graphical improvements coming in version 12.1.0 

• Like 19
  • Upvote 6

Incredible shots! Among the most realistic I've ever seen in any sim.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I had to do a double take. Thought they were real photos. No over saturation of colours or contrast. Incredible. Literally nothing comes close.  

Miles ahead of anything else out there.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 2

But in my case and my experience of X-Plane 12  it's been like this since the first day of the release of X-Plane 12.We just need a better world, everything else is there..The snow cover on X-Plane 12 is simply magical reality when you taste it you can no longer  fly elsewhere with the same context. 

In addition to this X-Plane lighting feat we can even add the realistic quality of road traffic. The realism of the puddles on the track and the soundscape etc...This is what we call balance...

Even the most numerous can't do it.

I can't wait to find ORBX TrueEart again. 

After that I will do shots as much as the falling raindrops.

• Like 7

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

4 hours ago, Hopkinsstevea said:

Goran 

What senery do you have installed for the winter textures?

I don’t have much scenery installed. 

I don’t really do too much flight simming. Most of my time is dedicated to testing. I used to have ortho installed. 

Edited by GoranM

Light, cloud and shading looked spot on to me. Seen that sky a thousand times for real in the air- the second shot in particular is well like being somewhere else but a sim. We all have a pretty amazing flight simulator there!

• Like 2

Holy moly, it looks (and simulates *) like 4K streaming compared to VHS tapes 😁.

* Snow and ice have an impact on the plane's behavior - in the air and on ground. And turbulences in the clouds and all the bells and whistles ....

Edited by flying_carpet
  • Upvote 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

Hmm are these real !

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

Amazing shots. That looks extremely immersive. I absolutely love the snow on the ground in XP12 🙂

• Upvote 1

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

On 12/3/2023 at 12:51 PM, tonywob said:

I don't see this often shown in screenshots or talked about, but the seasonal support in X-Plane 12 is really a big step up from X-Plane 11 and also approaches used in the older sims such as FSX, P3D etc. Not only have they nailed the look and feel of the sky, atmosphere, but also the snow/vegetation colouring is really convincing to me.

I decided for a change to use real weather and real date/time to do a short VFR flight around my home area, and the weather conditions, lighting and look seem really accurate to me, and captures just how cold it is here, and wanted to share some shots:

The snow layer and vegetation colours works really well with ortho imagery once they're configured correctly for seasons, and if real weather is enabled the conditions and snow cover change as flying around.

This is the same area in early September, and the lighting and colours seem spot on for me and correct for this time of year.

Hopefully more developers start adding correct support to this to their sceneries. Also looking forward to the graphical improvements coming in version 12.1.0 

Cooking recipe for that scenery, please!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

x3.jpg

83d6d88ed7b26e4bbec6faff29a160bd.jpg

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]