Sign in to follow this  
JYW

HUGE shout out to Lars at Contrail

So as a few may have seen on the other thread, I bought the FSS Tecnam P2012 a few days ago, and after installation, found it to be in a 'non-activated' stated, with no gauges or switches working.  I contacted FSS support and Aerosoft support about the issue.   A few days later, there have been some friendly and apologetic emails from FSS (but no advice or ideas for moving forward) and absolutely nothing from Aerosoft.   No replies or assistance after almost 4 days for DRM failure for a customer's initial installation.

Anyway, I posted a review on Contrail, just out of frustration really, stating all of the problems I'd had.  I expected the review not to be published, as it wasn't really about the product but just the fact that I hadn't been able to access it.

This evening I recieved a really nice email from Lars, the proprietor or Contrail.  Now bear in mind that Contrail is neither the developer of the product, nor the vendor I paid my money to. He has not received a penny from me. 🙂  Contrail provide an ability to transfer licences from some other vendors, to their app.  It means you can have more of your products in one place.  For the other vendors, it means Contrail are providing some of their download bandwidth.  The benefit for Contrail is that they get increased 'foot fall' or traffic - potential buyers for their own shop range.

Lars said that he had approved my review and that he was shocked that after a few days, no-one at FSS or Aeosoft had really made any progress in getting me up and running.  He advised that he knew the proprietor of FSS and would contact him now, on my behalf, to get things moving.  In regard to the non-service from Aerosoft he advised I don't bother with service desks and 'leave it with him'.  Over the course of two hours, I get 4 email updates from Lars and lot's of help and information.  Ok, it's not up and running yet but that is now because of the wider compatibility issues between the FSS P2012 and MSFS SU14.   

At a time when you're pulling your hair out and feeling that all so-called after-sales support is just awful and inept, I get contacted by a guy with no direct investment in getting me moving, who has 3 different conversations with the lead dev at FSS and who emails me lots of information and updates.  I was absolutely astounded.

He's said that he will stay with me, up to the point that I finally see that addon working in my MSFS installation.

Isn't that refreshing?! 😎

Edited by JYW
  • Like 20
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

I like Contrail a lot. It's arguably the best marketplace for/vendor of MSFS add-ons.

UI is clean and intuitive, range of products for sale is good, updates appear quickly after a dev release & simple notification, licence transfers are much more likely to be offered & involves a simple process, and Lars is very active on their Discord server.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

19 minutes ago, JYW said:

He's said that he will stay with me, up to the point that I finally see that addon working in my MSFS installation.

Isn't that refreshing?! 😎

that's great to hear, I hope it all gets sorted for you 

Glad to hear this positive experience.  I feel like contrail kind of appeared out of nowhere with the release of MSFS but it has become one of my trusted stores.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I guess if I want the Pilatus PC-12 from SWS tomorrow, I'll be using Contrail. I don't mind Contrail so much as I mind having yet another application I have to keep track of.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

1 hour ago, qqwertz said:

Good that you enjoy it. I beg to differ ...

To each their own, eh?  Sounds fair to me!

-B

• Like 1

Yep. Contrails is one of my favorite shops now

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, qqwertz said:

Good that you enjoy it. I beg to differ ...

A man of few words. Why do you feel that way?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Yes, for scenery, I essentially only buy from either the Marketplace or Contrail. Outside of a few products from the iniBuilds store, all my scenery purchases are from one these two and these are the only two I generally look at when I am thinking of getting something. If it is not on one of these, I just don't buy it. Aircraft I learned to buy directly from the developer, so that is a different story.

Dan Scott

Great to see the much deserved shoutout for Lars.

I’ve always admired Contrail from afar and had the pleasure of meeting him in person at FSExpo after many years of first meeting him whilst working for Orbx.

It’s great to see more larger developers use Contrail as I do know that he provides great a service to the vendors and customers alike.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, micstatic said:

A man of few words. Why do you feel that way?

I am generally not a fan of store apps. Every time I start them they get updated, and after that I have to put in my credentials again. I don't have my passwords memorized, so I have to go through some procedure to get logged in again. I prefer web pages by developers. No middle man and I can easily log in.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, edcorreia said:

Great to see the much deserved shoutout for Lars.

I’ve always admired Contrail from afar and had the pleasure of meeting him in person at FSExpo after many years of first meeting him whilst working for Orbx.

It’s great to see more larger developers use Contrail as I do know that he provides great a service to the vendors and customers alike.

First post in 13 years, I don't know Lars but he must be a great guy. Welcome to the forum. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

34 minutes ago, edcorreia said:

You're not so bad yourself.

Years ago I was having trouble with the Orbx airport KRDD not displaying properly in P3D. No questions asked and you gave me a refund. Don't remember if I thanked you back then, if not I'm thanking you now.

• Like 1

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

35 minutes ago, Alvega said:

First post in 13 years, I don't know Lars but he must be a great guy. Welcome to the forum. 

We had our official channels to make comments on etc. and now that burden is lifted. And thank you. 

• Like 3