Sign in to follow this  
Dillon

New Asobo Cirrus SR22, what's the verdict?

1 hour ago, Spam3d said:

The fuel totalizer for some reason does not change the fuel. Should it do this??

No it should not. You load up the fuel in the default menu and then set the totalizer in the aircraft, just like in the real world.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Farlis said:

No it should not. You load up the fuel in the default menu and then set the totalizer in the aircraft, just like in the real world.

Ok cool, good to know! Thought it might just be a quick way to load fuel

Edited by Spam3d

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

17 hours ago, MattNischan said:

No, we goofed. 🙂 I know folks like to blame Asobo for all sorts of things, but we're perfectly capable of creating bone-headed bugs too, thank you very much. 😅

Again, as for sounds, they're bit for bit identical to before, no changes at all. It's just a consequence of the engine running at a different RPM than previously. But if you ran the old plane at 2500 RPM it would sound identical to now.

Thanks for the responds.🍺  I have a question about the map.  When changing the heading I'm not seeing the yellow heading bug line on the larger map.  Is that realistic to the avionics in the Cirrus?

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, Spam3d said:

Well since I'm in the middle of building an SR22 sim, its a very welcome addition!! Just have to wait for real sim gear to update the GCU stack and we are cooking!

Some observations-

1. No free casting front wheel
  2. The fuel totalizer for some reason does not change the fuel. Should it do this??
  3. the aileron trim is a little slow or ineffective, would be good if it had the same adjustment as the trim.

But all in all, its flying very nice 🙂

53385481586_4cd2550fca_c.jpg20231202_153031 by spam ed, on Flickr

Looks like all you need is a good VR headset coupled with a powerful video card.  It would go along way in saving desk space...😉😁  Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's amazing with the new technology we have some still prefer the old way of doing things like this setup and for others 2D panels.  Either way to each his own, that's the beauty of this hobby.🍺

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

11 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Looks like all you need is a good VR headset coupled with a powerful video card.  It would go along way in saving desk space...😉😁  Sorry, I couldn't resist. It's amazing with the new technology we have some still prefer the old way of doing things like this setup and for others 2D panels.  Either way to each his own, that's the beauty of this hobby.🍺

Yeah I've also got a VR headset, but sometimes it makes me a bit nauseous after a while so moved back to a desktop. The immersion is fantastic I cannot argue! Its been quite a cool project to build though 🙂

• Upvote 1

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

On 12/8/2023 at 1:32 AM, MattNischan said:

The SR22T, unlike the SR22, has a fixed governor at 2500RPM. It does not have the combined throttle/prop linkage system. The RPM will not drop even at idle until you are below around 90kts.

Thank you for this Matt. I was wondering the same. It makes sense now.

12 hours ago, Spam3d said:

No free casting front wheel

The sim doesn't really support this very well from a control scheme standpoint. Having it be free castoring would mean only folks with toe brakes could taxi the plane, and there's no way to make this a configurable option (it's a fixed configuration in the flight model).

7 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

The sim doesn't really support this very well from a control scheme standpoint. Having it be free castoring would mean only folks with toe brakes could taxi the plane, and there's no way to make this a configurable option (it's a fixed configuration in the flight model).

The mod's dev did it: "⦁ The Nose Wheel Steering has been changed to free castering to match the actual aircraft. Steering is now performed with Rudder and Differential Braking only.

https://flightsim.to/file/43515/asobo-sr22-realism-mod

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

6 minutes ago, Alvega said:

The mod's dev did it: "⦁ The Nose Wheel Steering has been changed to free castering to match the actual aircraft. Steering is now performed with Rudder and Differential Braking only.

https://flightsim.to/file/43515/asobo-sr22-realism-mod

He didn't. Yes, he did change the flight model to free castoring, but it will still only be able to be taxi'd with toe brakes. Or I guess if you crank up the power to takeoff power and jam the rudders wildly around.

Not really an optimal situation for folks without toe brakes (most people), but that's what mods are for. If you have toe brakes, this will work.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just did my first flight. I have way to fast taxi speed with power pulled back to 8%, as low as I could get it to go..  Had to keep applying the brake,  What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks Jim B

8 minutes ago, JiBrady said:

Just did my first flight. I have way to fast taxi speed with power pulled back to 8%, as low as I could get it to go..  Had to keep applying the brake,  What might I be doing wrong?

Thanks Jim B

Nothing.  The plane can taxi with idle power as it has a turbo engine now.

FS2020 

9 hours ago, Spam3d said:

but sometimes it makes me a bit nauseous after a while so moved back to a desktop

You have to train your brain by playing in VR more often. 

And make sure that your framerate stays high. Nowadys I only get nauseous in VR if the framerate is too low and I'm exposed to that for longer times.

58 minutes ago, Dillon said:

Nothing.  The plane can taxi with idle power as it has a turbo engine now.

Close. It's actually the Beringer brakes (formerly an upgrade now standard on newer models), which have less rolling resistance (and less prone to catch fire from overheating).

Edited by Flyfaster_MTN002
  • Like 2

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.

12 hours ago, MattNischan said:

Ah okay, I didn't realize its by design because of a limitation in the sim. Yeah the non rudder pedal folks would be in a pickle in this instance!

AME GE90, GP7200 CFM56 

The mod was just updated to 1.3. Tried the blue platinum paint mod. Both work together it seems:

No stutters and the ground handling while taxiing is improved, so it fights itself to spin around at low speed like the real one does. The takeoff roll however was all over the place and not realistic. Using some old CH pro pedals with the toe brakes. Had to use the toe brakes to keep it centered while rolling at speed. Rudder authority keeping on center line is much more effective in real life, but he is making some progress it seems. Tried the RNAV Z 28R @ PDX and it never came alive or allowed for activating. The auto-zoom / safe taxi never came up either. Guessing a mod conflict?

Evidently he made a .cfg entry to enable/disable the free castering nose wheel effect(s)? Seems like a good hack for those without pedals or toe brakes if they want to try this...

SAR Pilot. Flight Sim'ing since the beginning.