Sign in to follow this  
Alvega

BeyondATC Voice Tier

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

People nowadays always seem to want everything in premium quality right now and for free, please. But you just can't have everything you want in life. Accept that. And you'll be a happier person.

Well said!

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

Well, when the quality of the ATC (including traffic) is better than the ATC of FSHUD I would be impressed. But everybody is talking about the pricing of the voices, which makes me slightly nervous. The ATC-logic seems not to be part of the costs. So - anyone an idea how the quality is? Will we see lots of go arounds, near misses and all that stuff? Otherwise I don´t see a bright future for this slightly overpriced software. Let´s reduce the hype and wait for the first tests. At least I will.

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, techman said:

Well, when the quality of the ATC (including traffic) is better than the ATC of FSHUD I would be impressed. But everybody is talking about the pricing of the voices, which makes me slightly nervous. The ATC-logic seems not to be part of the costs. So - anyone an idea how the quality is? Will we see lots of go arounds, near misses and all that stuff? Otherwise I don´t see a bright future for this slightly overpriced software. Let´s reduce the hype and wait for the first tests. At least I will.

Indeed, it's high time to put the spotlight on the core features of this software.

I'd like to see a full flight between two busy airports with lots of AI aircraft. What they have shown so far looks promising enough, but were usually separate bits of the whole thing.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I'm annoyed it doesn't support networked PCs as I want to run this on my ATC PC.

1 hour ago, GodAtum said:

I'm annoyed it doesn't support networked PCs as I want to run this on my ATC PC.

Luckily we live in a free world (at least in the west)
Meaning: Nobody forces you to buy anything or to get annoyed.

• Like 3

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

1 hour ago, Egbert Drenth said:

Luckily we live in a free world (at least in the west)
Meaning: Nobody forces you to buy anything or to get annoyed.

I am annoyed I am not rich. 😏

• Upvote 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

On 2/24/2024 at 10:05 PM, Bond said:

Anyone knows if the guy who made this calculator is a member of AVSIM? Because I think he forgot to add a certain option to his calculator. I do think that there will be a lot of people who want to use 'button control' instead of using their own real voice. In the current version of BATC you can enable an autorespond option and that option will say 'your' replies out loud. (You can't hear your own requests in the current beta.) Everything you 'say' this way costs transmissiion time. This means that 'button users' who would like to hear what they say themselves will DOUBLE their used amount of transmission time! This really is something to consider, specially if you want to use Premium voices (which imho is the only option if you like quality voices). Perhaps the creator of that calculator could add this as an option, something like 'button control with audible pilot'. Or something like that. 😉

Edited by tup61

31 minutes ago, tup61 said:

I do think that there will be a lot of people who want to use 'button control' instead of using their own real voice. In the current version of BATC you can enable an autorespond option and that option will say 'your' replies out loud. (You can't hear your own requests in the current version.) Everything you 'say' this way costs transmissiion time.

It doesn't cost transmission time if you're using offline voices though? 

29 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

It doesn't cost transmission time if you're using offline voices though? 

No, but I think people should realize that BATC was build around the premium voices: the other two options were added afterwards for those who can't afford premium and those two options are perhaps not what some may expect... Curb your enthusiasm, I'd say.

Edited by tup61

41 minutes ago, tup61 said:

No, but I think people should realize that BATC was build around the premium voices: the other two options were added afterwards for those who can't afford premium and those two options are perhaps not what some may expect... Curb your enthusiasm, I'd say.

Have you listened to the offline voice samples (examples)? Yes, the premium voice include more "human" hesitations and a greater variety of accents, but the offline voices sound perfectly acceptable to me, on par with other non-cloud-based ATC addons.

• Like 2

I´ve done some reading over the weekend and I have a question since I am not 100% sure whats going on 🙂

Is the traffic control completely AI based? Or do we "just" have a AI-driven speech recognition and the complete underlying ATC-engine is coded?

7 minutes ago, techman said:

Is the traffic control completely AI based? Or do we "just" have a AI-driven speech recognition and the complete underlying ATC-engine is coded?

Speech recognition and speech synthesis uses AI. The underlying ATC engine is coded.

15 minutes ago, martinboehme said:

Have you listened to the offline voice samples (examples)? Yes, the premium voice include more "human" hesitations and a greater variety of accents, but the offline voices sound perfectly acceptable to me, on par with other non-cloud-based ATC addons.

Well, actually, I am on the beta and listened to the actual voices of BATC in the sim. The examples don't sound like anything in the sim. (The NDA allows you to talk about the experiences with BATC so I am not breaching anything. 😉 )

There was a lot of talk about the SayIntentions ATC addon that was regarded way too expensive but well, people should know that a certain quality has a certain price and BATC will cost you a similar amount of money (via packs instead of a subscription) if you want similar quality. Obviously BATC is not only about voices but also about procedures and traffic but since voices always get much attention I think people should be aware of this.

Edited by tup61