Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Keeps crashing for me with DX12....I even lowered my setting and nothing.

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

1 hour ago, iFlySimX said:

Keeps crashing for me with DX12....I even lowered my setting and nothing.

Try this

For those that have MSFS crashing or freezing while using this mod : I've set in NVCP Max Frame rates to 60 and now my simulation runs stable without any crashes. It still a bit stuttery while panning really fast, but that can be solved by lowering your camera movement speed.

One interesting think I noticed that by capping frame rates at 60 fps, MSFS developer option fps display shows that MSFS is only generating 30 fps, but Steam overlay shows 60 fps and motion and game feels really smooth. So it seems that other 30 fps are generated by FG.

Leaving max frame rates off or 120 in NVCP makes MSFS crash with directx12 error or just complete freeze. Any ideas why fps setting may have this effect? (using latest nvidia game drivers)

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MindeK said:

Leaving max frame rates off or 120 in NVCP makes MSFS crash with directx12 error or just complete freeze. Any ideas why fps setting may have this effect? (using latest nvidia game drivers)

Leaving max frames off with frame gen results in the  GPU making every attempt to double every single (real/native) frame in the sim. MSFS DX12 is already known to use more resources. Asking your graphics card to effectually double its output while uncapped in an already demanding situation is going to result in a freeze or error unless your hardware has the margin to handle it. This is why it is recommended to lock the frames to ease the pressure on the hardware and provide headroom. Usually to just below your monitors known max refresh rate (lower if your monitors refresh rate is over 120) or if you plan to use VRR somewhere within the top end of the Monitors VRR range (again lower if the monitor has a very wide VRR range)

The second issue is the VRAM. I do not know if after VRAM exhaustion  on Nvidia cards the sim crashes or it just stutters but  that also has to be managed carefully in DX12 especially on ultrawide resolutions on up to 4k.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

53 minutes ago, MindeK said:

Try this

For those that have MSFS crashing or freezing while using this mod : I've set in NVCP Max Frame rates to 60 and now my simulation runs stable without any crashes. It still a bit stuttery while panning really fast, but that can be solved by lowering your camera movement speed.

One interesting think I noticed that by capping frame rates at 60 fps, MSFS developer option fps display shows that MSFS is only generating 30 fps, but Steam overlay shows 60 fps and motion and game feels really smooth. So it seems that other 30 fps are generated by FG.

Yes it's already capped at 60FPS 😞should I FORCE VSYNC ON in NCP?

23 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Leaving max frames off with frame gen results in the  GPU making every attempt to double every single (real/native) frame in the sim. MSFS DX12 is already known to use more resources. Asking your graphics card to effectually double its output while uncapped in an already demanding situation is going to result in a freeze or error unless your hardware has the margin to handle it. This is why it is recommended to lock the frames to ease the pressure on the hardware and provide headroom. Usually to just below your monitors known max refresh rate (lower if your monitors refresh rate is over 120) or if you plan to use VRR somewhere within the top end of the Monitors VRR range (again lower if the monitor has a very wide VRR range)

The second issue is the VRAM. I do not know if after VRAM exhaustion  on Nvidia cards the sim crashes or it just stutters but  that also has to be managed carefully in DX12 especially on ultrawide resolutions on up to 4k.

3080, 10gb, Ultrawide.

Edited by iFlySimX

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

@iFlySimX

I'm sorry i do not have an NVIDIA card but i trust that A ROG Strix level Asus product is usually very good. So are you using any program to monitor how much of your VRAM is being used while in the sim ?

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

2 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Yes it's already capped at 60FPS 😞should I FORCE VSYNC ON in NCP?

Yes!

• Like 1

I'm on 2080Ti. Intel 10900k @ 5GHz. DX 12, TAA. 1920x1080. I'm also using TrackIR.

For me there's a bit less smoothness when using this mod, I can't pinpoint it but I'm also using TrackIR. like there's just a tiny lag when panning around with TrackIR opposed to DX11 without the mod. What surprised me the most, after reading this topic, is the lack of drastic FPS increase. I get a few more but if I start raising the settings the FPS start to decline the same as with no mod. The mod appears to be working based on the log file.

I'm a bit disappointed. 

I really happy with it. Blown away, actually.

Two things I notice that are in no way a deal breaker for me but:

1 - The ghosting/flickering seen mainly while panning. Is this problem in anyway affected by the model of the video card?

I have an RTX3080Ti. Is it the same with the RTX4000 series cards?

2 - I get a solid 60 FPS (Vsync on in NVP and OFF in the sim) but I notice an FPS drop to 40ish when I open another app over the sim or on a second monitor but only when the mouse pointer is on the app that is open. Move the mouse pointer from the open app back to the sim and the FPS instantly jumps back to 60. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

I've been using it for a couple of weeks now. It makes things significantly more fluid on my system. Floating windows will "twitch" if I look around when they are open, or if something moves behind them, but as I mentioned before, I do not spend much time in the menus anyway.

I have seen one other problem several times, and it always happens after I arrive at the destination and shutdown the airplane. I'll start getting massive pauses if I look around either in the cockpit, in external view, or in the drone. At first, I went into the menu, disabled FG, hit apply, and then immediately re-enabling FG and applying again before exiting the menu. Recently, I've simply been using <Alt><Enter> to pop into windowed mode. waiting for it to stabilize (1-3 seconds max) and then <Alt><Enter> back to full screen and it's okay again.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

15 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I'm on 2080Ti. Intel 10900k @ 5GHz. DX 12, TAA. 1920x1080. I'm also using TrackIR.

For me there's a bit less smoothness when using this mod, I can't pinpoint it but I'm also using TrackIR. like there's just a tiny lag when panning around with TrackIR opposed to DX11 without the mod. What surprised me the most, after reading this topic, is the lack of drastic FPS increase. I get a few more but if I start raising the settings the FPS start to decline the same as with no mod. The mod appears to be working based on the log file.

I'm a bit disappointed. 

Try using using DLSS super resolution and DLAA. That's what my 2080Ti likes. It should work for you, too.

Side note. I have an AOC non-gaming monitor that I originally bought for work. It has something called Activesync, which is AOC's G-Sync "compatible" option. It is a 144Mhz monitor. I have it set in NCP as "G-Sync" compatible and I have vsync turned off in MSFS. I had to set the refresh rate in Windows settings to 120Hz to get MSFS to run smooth (even prior to this FG mod).

• Like 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

1 hour ago, MDFlier said:

Try using using DLSS super resolution and DLAA. That's what my 2080Ti likes. It should work for you, too.

Yeah the key is messing around with the DLSS until you find what works. I'm on a 3080ti using DLSS-Quality and it is literally flawless (using DLDSR as well).

16 hours ago, Noell said:

I really happy with it. Blown away, actually.

Two things I notice that are in no way a deal breaker for me but:

1 - The ghosting/flickering seen mainly while panning. Is this problem in anyway affected by the model of the video card?

I have an RTX3080Ti. Is it the same with the RTX4000 series cards?

2 - I get a solid 60 FPS (Vsync on in NVP and OFF in the sim) but I notice an FPS drop to 40ish when I open another app over the sim or on a second monitor but only when the mouse pointer is on the app that is open. Move the mouse pointer from the open app back to the sim and the FPS instantly jumps back to 60. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Yes i have issues with this also but my FPS drops down to around 10-ish and the game start to stutter. Running a 3080 with 10VRAM

I tried to post  a picture, but it did not work.

I am using the mod on my RTX3060, running Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB, on steam which has been relocated on a regular 2 TB hard drive.  The picture I was going to post is on the default C172 flying over Manhattan at 1200 feet.  Everything is sharp and the FR is reading 58 (steam framerate).  My installation is just like shown on a youtube site with no adjustments to anything.  It works.

Edited by Old_As_Dirt

John Wingold

Will locking the framerate in NVCP help to reduce load on the GPU and then also reduce amount of needed VRAM?

Good morning all.

Quick question regarding this modification. Previously I was using DLSS swapper. I know with this Fram Gen MOD it was advised to revert back. Would reverting bring me back to 2.4.12.0, or 3.1.1?

Thanks
Justin