Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

Is any (or every)one experiencing those awful artifacts on the ground using DX12?

• Like 1

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

49 minutes ago, Sonosusto said:

Is any (or every)one experiencing those awful artifacts on the ground using DX12?

I did a video for another purpose today so I had LOD mod and FG mod both off, just stock 2k in DLSS-DLAA, and the ground tile popping in the sim was the worst I’ve ever experienced. I usually don’t even notice it, today it was literally like laying out a sidewalk in front of me as I walked, each step forward more tiles popping in front of me. Never experienced this before. I was flying in the Caribbean so maybe it’s filtering in the updated ground imagery coming tomorrow?

On 1/29/2024 at 3:19 AM, mryan75 said:

Use Nvidia Control Panel to limit your frame rate to your monitor refresh rate. That is what solved the problem for me. 

I already did it. My minitor is 60 hz and tried frame rate limit with 30 fps ou 60 fps? Didin't resolved my issue. But thanks for the answer.

On 1/29/2024 at 2:02 PM, mryan75 said:

If you’re not limiting framerates or limiting them with VSync only, that’s probably going to be your issue. I had the exact same thing happen to me on a few flights, same timing and everything, until I set a hard maximum frame rate in NVCP. Also keep in mind that you can use something external like Riva tuner (which I’ve never used and can’t comment on), but that causes other problems for some people. And a lightbulb just went off - another thing that can cause these crashes is using an external program like Riva tuner of MSI Afterburner to check framerates. I wouldn’t run any of those external framerate counters either. 

Trid too with limiting frame rate in nvcp and desinstalling RTSS and desactivating Afterburner. But i can see again memory leak in ressources monitor of Windows. Anyway, yhanks for your answer. I think i will wait a new version of the mod to see if the issue is solved.

• Like 1

If you refer to airport textures, most people are affected.

If you refer to the tile swapping issue, all users are affected unless they use the Map Enhancement mod.

Both issues have nothing to do with the frame generation mod though.

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

If you refer to airport textures, most people are affected.

If you refer to the tile swapping issue, all users are affected unless they use the Map Enhancement mod.

Both issues have nothing to do with the frame generation mod though.

Ah yes, I understand that it doesn't but from what I am reading here you need dx12 for the FG to work (for the 2080ti etc)?

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

I got the second "gpu crash" using FG. I am not really surprised since the GPU load is mostly 98%. Does anyone observe the GPU load when capping FPS and find it always above 90%?

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

24 minutes ago, History said:

I got the second "gpu crash" using FG. I am not really surprised since the GPU load is mostly 98%. Does anyone observe the GPU load when capping FPS and find it always above 90%?

Yes. High load & power consumption are also caused by nVidia Reflex, which cannot be disabled.

However, any GPU should be capable of sustaining full load for many hours, provided that it's adequately cooled. In your case the small VRAM coupled with DX12 could cause the crashes.

• Upvote 1

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Ok. Sounds good for me ! I found why my MSFS crashes after 1 hour with FG activated : I had Dev Mod activated during all this time. It's true I activated Dev Mod a few weeks ago for other minor issue to understand what happened and at the same time I installed FG dll. As i crashes with freeze and memory leak, I thougt this would be useful to use Dev Mod to see : I was wrong.

So I just desactivated Dev Mod in MSFS menu and all is fine now : no more memory leak after 1 hour. Seems Dev Mod and FG is not a big deal... (until further version of FG)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, History said:

I noticed load of GPU at 100% with DX12 (not with DX11). And it happens often without reason (not a heavy scene, juste over the forst by example). It take 30 secondes and suddently all is back to normal (50%). I think it's due to beta DX 12 rather than FG.

But as it has already been said, your graphic card shouldn't crash... Maybe too much agressive overclocking ?

5 minutes ago, Patriceapi said:

I noticed load of GPU at 100% with DX12 (not with DX11). And it happens often without reason (not a heavy scene, juste over the forst by example). It take 30 secondes and suddently all is back to normal (50%). I think it's due to beta DX 12 rather than FG.

But as it has already been said, your graphic card shouldn't crash... Maybe too much agressive overclocking ?

Mine never goes down below 90% (temp is in 70-78° C). While DX11 has it 50-60%. Does yours most of the time stay in the 50%?  

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12650H + RTX 3050

24 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

I finally managed to get it to work but the tearing is way to obvious in my case (using TrackIR), it's just not usable.

I use it with Tobii head tracking and there's no tearing at all, just artifacts on open windows (ATC, VFR maps, etc.).

I just open them when I need them and keep them closed when I fly.