Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

1 hour ago, iFlySimX said:

Anyone

Anyone else randomly getting this error which is causing MSFS to crash? 

i've got the same problem

1 hour ago, MrFuzzy said:

You can use FG with TAA.

I see, something went wrong on my side.

If I remove the both files nvngx_dlss.dll and nvngx_dlssg.dll my sim is starting, otherwise not.

I changed DLSS swapper back to 2.5.1.0 - does also not start.
No idea  here

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 hour ago, maksior said:

i've got the same problem

Hi i've just found this on reddit. There is a way of getting access to the folder via the Xbox App

Can anyone show me the MSFS settings menu how it should look, please?

Guenter Steiner

Works like a dream for me, I have gone from 27/30 FPS in medium /high settings to 50 FPS in Ultra, it's b****y incredible!

I followed these instructions:

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Screenshot-2023-12-19-211116.png

is that the right menu?

Seems different ot the video above?

Guenter Steiner

3 hours ago, iFlySimX said:

Anyone else randomly getting this error which is causing MSFS to crash? 

image.png

Yes Ive had a couple of those tonight after installing the mod.  Error appears moreso when messing with the graphics options.  Not had it installed long so difficult to tell if it will be a major issue. Am definately seeing higher frame rates and increased smoothness now.  I use TrackIR so my first impressions are fantastic

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Gave it a try and it's a bit of a disappointment for me.

I got a i5-12400F, 16GB RAM and a RTX 3060 Ti with Windows 10 22H2.

Checked my FPS in the PMDG 737-800 Cockpit at gate F23 in Gaya's LOWW scenery and I had 50-55 FPS when looking around in the cockpit horizontally with no tearing, no microstutters and super sharp displays. FPS Main Thread Limited. DX11. Settings in MSFS were all set to high. Nvidia Control Panel vsync was set to "use setting for 3D application".

Installed the mod with graphic settings as per the Youtube video @SierraHotel has linked to (except Terrain LOD on 100 as before as this gave me by far the most FPS in the past with no noticeable visual difference) and ended up with 45-50 FPS in the exact same scenario and with microstutters, tearing and a little blurry PFD, ND and other displays in the 737. Still "main thread limited". Vsync in NVIDIA control panel set to "ON". EDITH: used DX12 as per the video.

I'll revert back to the previous state 👍
If someone's curious what settings gave me a better performance and better visuals than with this mod, here they are:
EDITH: This is the state before I tested the mod and with which I was very very happy for 8 months now without any CTDs and other issues etc. 😉

KCTrss8.jpeg

mYGL4XJ.jpeg

5IHF7gt.jpeg

If anyone's interested in my NVIDIA Control Panel settings too, just let me know and I'll post them (screenshots are in german only but a translation to your preferred language is quickly done 👍).

Edited by Konterhalbe

6 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

If someone's curious what settings gave me a better performance and better visuals than with this mod, here they are:

but you have DX11 enabled, not DX12?
And you don't have ay FSR option?
so, seems the mod is not correctly installed/working at your end?

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner

1 minute ago, guenseli said:

I am assuming that is his previous settings?  I was going to post the same comments.  One thing he should also do is NOT to use Developer Mode.  It seems any overlays within the sim cause issues.

I got the same when I enabled DM.  Best to use Afterburner/Rivatuner for stats

• Upvote 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

8 minutes ago, guenseli said:

For testing the mod, I had DX12 enabled and I also had the AMD FSR 2 option as per your screenshot.

Those settings on my three screenshots are my "old" ones before I tried the mod. 😉
Thanks for asking günseli, just clarified it in my post 👍

2 minutes ago, Konterhalbe said:

For testing the mod, I had DX12 enabled and I also had the AMD FSR 2 option as per your screenshot.

Those settings on my three screenshots are my "old" ones before I tried the mod. 😉
Thanks for asking günseli, just clarified it in my post 👍

You are supposed to set Frame Generation and not FSR 2.  That's your issue.

Ryan

Could there be some issues with german OS?

I have still the issue:
nvngx_dlssg.dll in content folder --> sim does not start

nvngx_dlssg.dll deleted. sim starts, but no new NVIDIA DLSS FSR

Devmode is disabled now, also

Edited by guenseli

Guenter Steiner

I tested on my RTX 2060. The first impressions were good. It basically doubled my FPS.

The problem is Screen Tearing. I tried to activate Vsync on Nvidia's control panel, but made no difference. With me, screen tearing is terrible. It even affects the menu map when zoom. And for some reason, Fenix A320 is incompatible with this mod. Every time I tried to load it, MSFS froze.

Edited by edu2703