Sign in to follow this  
MrFuzzy

Frame generation for all RTX cards

1 minute ago, CavalierDuck said:

I am having the same issues that others are obviously having, unable to copy the .DLL files into the Store version Flight Simulator folder in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. I've spent the last couple of hours wrestling with permissions and ownership etc, I can now get into the folder but I can't copy anything into it. I've seen suggestions that some versions of Windows (I have W10 Home) just don't allow it, in which case, this mod is going to be inacccessible to a good number of us.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

Google how to move the MS Store version.  Ive never had to do it but aware there is a fix allowing full access to the exe folder where the dlls are to be dropped

• Upvote 1

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

3 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Hi all,

No DLSS Frame Generation option available in MSFS Graphics settings. 

RTX3080, GPU Hardware support enabled, Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling enabled, nvidia driver 546.33. Did reboot several times

1. In Windows 11 Pro 12H2: when right-clicking the .reg file I don't have MERGE option. I can run it and add the DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg into my registry
  2. I copy the 2xDLL ("dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll" and "nvngx.dll") into my C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.35.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe without any problem
  3. Launch MSFS (no pop-up during the boot process), Set DirectX Version to "DX12 (Beta). Quit and relaunch MSFS
  4. I Don't have any "nvidia DLSS Frame Generation" available

Help appreciated 😉

PS: tested with nvngx_dlss.dll v3.5.10.0 and 2.4.12 (MSFS Stocked)

Looks like I'm having the same issue as you. Let us know if you find a solution.

Think I'll wait. Don't like being forced to register with an email to get access.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

As I understand it, starting today you do not need any mod to get FG to work in MSFS with a 2000 or 3000 RTX card. That is what I glean from the video below from Youtube. At about 30 or 40 seconds into it, he implies that it is now done inside MSFS without using any mod that you install.

2 I can't test any of this because I do have a 4000 RTX already, so can't test running FG on 3000 or 2000.

3 The video shows all his exact settings in MSFS.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Ooops, I am wrong, starting at 4:00 he explains  that you do need the mod. He also says to make a system restore backup (takes 3 minutes) just to be safe and able to restore things.

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

3 hours ago, vbazillio said:

Hi all,

No DLSS Frame Generation option available in MSFS Graphics settings. 

RTX3080, GPU Hardware support enabled, Hardware-accelerated GPU Scheduling enabled, nvidia driver 546.33. Did reboot several times

1. In Windows 11 Pro 12H2: when right-clicking the .reg file I don't have MERGE option. I can run it and add the DisableNvidiaSignatureChecks.reg into my registry
  2. I copy the 2xDLL ("dlssg_to_fsr3_amd_is_better.dll" and "nvngx.dll") into my C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.35.21.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe without any problem
  3. Launch MSFS (no pop-up during the boot process), Set DirectX Version to "DX12 (Beta). Quit and relaunch MSFS
  4. I Don't have any "nvidia DLSS Frame Generation" available

Help appreciated 😉

PS: tested with nvngx_dlss.dll v3.5.10.0 and 2.4.12 (MSFS Stocked)

It now works on my end. I uninstalled following the readme instructions, then noticed that HAGS was turned off, even though I had turned it on earlier. Turned it back on, rebooted, reinstalled the mod, and now the frame generation option is available.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CavalierDuck said:

I am having the same issues that others are obviously having, unable to copy the .DLL files into the Store version Flight Simulator folder in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps. I've spent the last couple of hours wrestling with permissions and ownership etc, I can now get into the folder but I can't copy anything into it. I've seen suggestions that some versions of Windows (I have W10 Home) just don't allow it, in which case, this mod is going to be inacccessible to a good number of us.  Can anyone shed any light on this?

I tried a few things and I can now access inside the MSFS folder but cannot copy files to there.

I would never buy another product in MS Store.

• Like 2

Holy cow...hitting in the 60's and 70's with the FSR500 at FlyTampa KLAS with traffic set and at 4K. Nvidia is a shameless company, but I knew that already.

Also I have no issue running this with the Afterburner overlay and HDR on and seems to work fine with G-Sync. 

Edited by SolRayz
  • Like 2

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Hi,

Is this something that would be limited to the main monitor or would MS2020 Experimental external views be able to utilize this type of edit?

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

I'll second that Holly Cow. On the ground in the PMDG 737 at KLAX with Loads of traffic at 4K with everything Maxed out including TLOD and 400 at RTSS is showing me 60 FPS. Unbelievable. FYI at first it wouldn't work for me. I had to turn HAGS on!

Edited by FBW737
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Greazer said:

I tried a few things and I can now access inside the MSFS folder but cannot copy files to there.

I'm all store and it's working fine here, installed in the default installation folder.  I didn't do anything other than find the folder and copy the two files into it.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

2 minutes ago, Noel said:

I'm all store and it's working fine here, installed in the default installation folder.  I didn't do anything other than find the folder and copy the two files into it.

That's interesting. Is it really under WindowsApps your install?

you guys have to sign up?

i downloaded the build.060 but its a folder with nothing of the 2 files mentioned above?

Mike

3 hours ago, Greazer said:

You can move your MSFS installation from the WindowsApps folder to XBoxGames folder. I did that very recently and took me only a few minutes. I found a procedure on //42 homepage where they described it step by step because it was needed for one of their apps to work.

https://parallel42.com/blogs/wiki/converting-my-sim-install-from-legacy-to-modern

Don't be worried when you see it would require 150+ GB disk space. It does not touch your Content Folder if it installed elsewhere. In my case only 2.1 GB were moved into the new directory.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I wanted to try this but I can't drop those files into my program files win app flightsim folder even after taking ownership and propagating the permissions, strange I can delete out of there just not copy into,anybody have any ideas. When I copy the explorer seems to restart and it goes back to the desktop 

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K