Sign in to follow this  
andy1252

IniBuilds' OMDU and Orbx's Dubai

Just a quick post to say that IMO these work well together and are both well worth installing. the IniBuilds version has nicer detailing on what it does provide, but Orbx provides more buildings generally. I amended the inibuilds version by sticking a "Z-" on the front of the folder name to ensure it got loaded after the orbx version and so where there are duplicates the inibuilds version should be the one used. I just had a quick test flight and only spotted two clashes - one is the big ferris wheel and the other was the chrome doughnut thingy near the airport end of the main drag. Didn't notice anything else so if there are otrher clashes, they're not intrusive, and it may be possible to isolate and remove specific bgls where there are clashes. Haven't check that yet.

Together, they make up a very impressive bit of landscaping.

• Like 5

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

1 hour ago, andy1252 said:

I amended the inibuilds version by sticking a "Z-" on the front of the folder name to ensure it got loaded after the orbx version and so where there are duplicates the inibuilds version should be the one used.

Isn’t amending with Z means the scenery will be loaded last? Which means orbx here will have more priority over ini one?

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

I turned off the ORBX just in case there are conflicts. You have to see the night lighting, very nice!

Lee

• Like 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

1 minute ago, Midnight Music said:

You have to see the night lighting, very nice!

Ya would be interested to learn more about this, they're billing it as some sort of new/custom lighting tech: https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/20297-inibuilds-skydive-dubai-airport-landmarks-omdu-for-microsoft-flight-simulator-released/

"Brand new iniBuilds lighting technology on buildings such as;
Coca Cola Arena, FIVE Hotel, Ain Dubai Observation Wheel and BlueWater Island, Al Habtoor City, Burj Al Arab, Burj Khalifa and more!"

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I had both installed, orbx and Inibuild. At night the ferriswheel lighting is way off. Lights from the center where longer than the wheel and also the center was not aligned with the construction pylon center. Also the interior of the reversed U building was very detailed!.So i decided to uninstall orbx landmarks, now only the Inibuild version is running. Btw i did not try the helipads on the ships. Inibuild is more "life" than the static orbx version.

• Like 1

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

What is the recommendation for installation?  Orbx out, Inibuilds in?  Or are they supposed to complement each other?

Edited by ErichB

1 hour ago, ErichB said:

What is the recommendation for installation?  Orbx out, Inibuilds in?  Or are they supposed to complement each other?

There are conflicts currently, so either one or the other.

IIMHO ORBX Dubai is better, with Inibuilds Palm Jumeirah for example is totally flat apart from 2-3 custom buildings, whereas ORBX has also autogen and the Palm is much more realistic.

Also, in Inibuilds Dubai the Jebel Ali port with all its cranes is totally missing.

These are just my notes after a 10 minute flight, but I had the clear impression that ORBX is better.

• Like 3

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

9 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Isn’t amending with Z means the scenery will be loaded last? Which means orbx here will have more priority over ini one?

My understanding is "last loaded overides previous" so that's what you see in the event of conflict. Although that assumes the last loaded uses exclusions where they place their stuff.

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

9 hours ago, omarsmak30 said:

Loaded last and therefore 'on top' of other scenery. 

Sometimes you'll see scenery folders starting zzz just to make sure. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MrFuzzy said:

There are conflicts currently, so either one or the other.

IIMHO ORBX Dubai is better, with Inibuilds Palm Jumeirah for example is totally flat apart from 2-3 custom buildings, whereas ORBX has also autogen and the Palm is much more realistic.

Also, in Inibuilds Dubai the Jebel Ali port with all its cranes is totally missing.

These are just my notes after a 10 minute flight, but I had the clear impression that ORBX is better.

Thanks for sharing this observation.🍺

• Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Here are shots of the only two conficts I've noticed. Personally, I can live with these as the overall effects of having both active are very impressive, but you might feel different.

OlRe0KI.jpg

5UVaqhc.jpg

• Like 2

Slightly unrelated to the topic but do you have to remove the official Asobo version from Content Manager to use the newly released Inibuilds OMDB airport?

Thomas Derbyshire

20 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

Slightly unrelated to the topic but do you have to remove the official Asobo version from Content Manager to use the newly released Inibuilds OMDB airport?

Yes you do.  I saw doubled buildings in the main passenger terminals until I did so.

• Like 1

Maybe some enterprising youtubber could do a side by side comparison between the handcrafted Asobo version + ORBX Dubai landmarks and new stuff from inibuilds.......