Sign in to follow this  
Tim_Capps

Navigraph Survey on Flight Sim Use

Navigraph 2023 Survey Results  P3D is less than 5%; barely above Infinite Flight (never heard of it TBH) and half that of X-Plane. Still using P3D for "legacy" 3d Party (nearly everything for P3D now), but spend more time in X-Plane myself, with MSFS for occasional fun. Each has its purpose for me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I still use P3Dv5 but lately I've been flying XP12 with the Toliss A321NEO and the A340-600. It is a really nice sim. I wish it had a better ATC.

MSFS I fly it once in a blue moon and everything free. No need to spend on addons on that one.

16 minutes ago, okupton said:

Interesting results.  Can’t believe most simmers use an rtx 4090! 

Surveyed Simmers...Which my guess this survey does not account for 'most'.  They had 23k respondents.  I think it is tough to extrapolate that these results are overly credible considering if there are 500k simmers out there, these results account for less than 5%.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Building a full scale 737-800 Simulator running P3D v5.x 210 degree wrap around screenspacer.png

Jason Lohrenz (@lohrenz737) • Instagram photos and videos

Lohrenz 737 Simulator Project (lohrenzsimulator.com)

1 hour ago, jlohrenz said:

Surveyed Simmers...Which my guess this survey does not account for 'most'.  They had 23k respondents.  I think it is tough to extrapolate that these results are overly credible considering if there are 500k simmers out there, these results account for less than 5%.

We routinely use polls with far less of a percentage, and I doubt this is wildly off the mark. This, however, is definitely not a scientific poll, but the sim usage doesn't seem widely off the mark. I wonder what % of Navigraph's own flight sim users are P3D, though. I would guess far more.

I’m surprised to see P3D use so low. It hasn’t changed my opinion that it’s the best for what I need. All the aircraft I enjoy flying are now available for v5 including Concorde from FS Labs.

I’d have to be “barking” to switch to MSFS and wait God knows how long for it to be available for that platform.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Another satisfied P3Dv5.4 user here.  Until I ever get a powerful enough PC to handle MSFS as smooth as what my meager one runs P3D, I'm ok where I am.  I have lots (and I mean LOTS) of airport scenery and 3rd party a/c.  I mostly fly PMDG 737NGXu and 777 with Radar Contact 4.3.   Long live P3D!!!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Glenn Wilkinson

dk1xTfc.jpg                                      28.jpg

Most users are Casual, entertainment, this means their PC is a gaming PC and mainly used for very graphics intensive games , hence the powerful Video card,  also to the P3D guys , you should try P3D 6.1 just released, it will make you think again about  not upgrading...  best ever...

@beechcaptain     Amen!!!!

Jorge

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, beechcaptain said:

Another satisfied P3Dv5.4 user here.  Until I ever get a powerful enough PC to handle MSFS as smooth as what my meager one runs P3D, I'm ok where I am.  I have lots (and I mean LOTS) of airport scenery and 3rd party a/c.  I mostly fly PMDG 737NGXu and 777 with Radar Contact 4.3.   Long live P3D!!!

I run P3D v5.3, XP 12 and MSFS. MSFS performance is significantly better than anything I get in P3D or XP. If you can run P3D decently, you should be fine in MSFS — if not better than what you get now. Not that I’m suggesting you change, just an observation. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Not really many surprises. But interesting to see the FS2004 and FSX userbases increase slightly over last year. 

2 hours ago, jlohrenz said:

I happy to see someone else took statistics somewhere. :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jlohrenz said:

You don’t think there are more than 500k simmers? Hasn’t msfs sold (ok, probably a lot of gamepass users who got it for free) over 10 million copies? 

• Upvote 1

Orman

Like Ray said I already have everything I want in P3DV5. I use mainly PMDG  jets and am amused when I see all the dramatic anticipation of folks waiting  like hungry puppies for their aircraft to be bought to the degree of completion I already have had a good while in P3D. Looking forward to the triple seven? I have it. Queen of the Skies? Have it with the additions. FS Labs 320/321, A2A birds. Just can’t see buying all that stuff again.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

1 hour ago, beechcaptain said:

Me too! Some ORBX airports I've never even been to that I bought on sale I don't know when.

Also enjoying the XtremePrototypes Lear 25/28 combo. I am astonished what Alain and his crew have done creating these aircraft. I thought A2A quality and performance was a singular realm owned and operated by them. Not anymore. It's all I'm flying and intend to fly for the forseable future. When this version becomes available for V6, I might reinstall it and try 6.1

• Like 2

Now there’s one I don’t have. I need to take a look.

Vic green